NSW Enduro Series - Singletrack Mind

Enduro Pulse

Likes Dirt
Taken from a press release from Chocolate Foot.

I'll put the dates into the Event Calendar later tonight. Plenty of enduro choices now!

Details of a new NSW endurance series have just been announced that will see riders tackle 5 races over the state ranging in time from
6 - 10 hours.

The Singletrack Mind - 2010 NSW Enduro Series, promoted by Chocolate Foot will see rounds hosted by mountain bike clubs from Lithgow,
Nowra, Western Sydney, Canberra and Appin.

Each venue in the series has been selected for its sweet flowing singletrack and ability to host everything that makes for a great event. The series kicks off on 18 April in western NSW's singletrack oasis, Lidsdale State Forest near Lithgow. Well worth the drive, the deceptively challenging Lidsdale track will serve up 8 hours of singletrack joy for those seeking the enduro fix!

Also at the conclusion of the series to celebrate all the hard work and relive the great times of almost 40 hours of mud, sweat and gears, the village of Appin is ready to party! Dine, drink and dance, complete with live entertainment!

The schedule for the 2010 Singletrack Mind Series is as follows:
18 April – Lidsdale State Forest, Lithgow
16 May – Coondoo Road, Nowra
13 June – Yellomundee Regional Park, Yarramundi
29 August – Stromlo Forest Park, Canberra
25 September – WMBC track, Appin

Antsonline

Likes Dirt
More races - good
Rnd 2 + 3 are the same weekends as the 'pencilled' NSW XC series - bad.

Are we to assume that there is no NSW XC series this year? Anyone? The last thread on this was ignored.

oh, rnd 1 is the National Marathon Champs weekend.

kilaton

Likes Bikes
nsw enduro

good to see something has been organised , as two previous comments noted does this mean there will be no nsw state series and with the masters racing I guess you just have to go solo and do a few laps . I am in the same boat these young whippersnappers just dont care about there elders !!
even though I am not really an endurance person I will still turn up and do a few laps at as many as I can get . Just hope everyone gets out and supports there local club and the series or this may go the same way as the state series . if there is or is not a nsw state series can anyone make a decision and let people know , will the nswmtb website ever be updated and running so that maybe we can get some information .

jab80

Likes Bikes
Have to be agreeing with Dreggsy. I'm excited! Have just altered this years race calender so I can get to these.

dinosaur_mtb

Likes Dirt
More races - good
Rnd 2 + 3 are the same weekends as the 'pencilled' NSW XC series - bad.

Are we to assume that there is no NSW XC series this year? Anyone? The last thread on this was ignored.

oh, rnd 1 is the National Marathon Champs weekend.

Anyone have an answer on this? There's a bit of difference between a promotor backed enduro and MTB NSW backed XCO...?? :)

Last edited:

akashra

Eats Squid
Mmm, let me throw in some advise on the clash with the Marathon Champs:

MTBA were none too happy with us running VES round 1 on the same day as the Thredbo National *series* round - a location so remote that every time it's used for a race gets less attendees than Victorian club races.
To think that they'll be okay with you trying to put an event on the same date as a *National championship*, in a very similar discipline... Don't expect them to just roll over is all I can advise.

But hopefully this will all go well, and help gather a following in NSW. NSW need a good state series.

Enduro Pulse

Likes Dirt
So is this just the Working Week Series under another name ? Or a new promoter ?
It has nothing to do with the Working Week Series and is run by a entirely different promoter.

I think Fiona Dick from Chocolate Feet lurks around these forums occasionally and she may be able to shed some light on the dates:)

Fi

Chocolate Foot
Hi All

Thanks for your interest in the Singletrack Mind Series! To answer a couple of questions:

1) We've been liaising with NSWMTB and they have sanctioned our dates. NSWMTB will no doubt be announcing soon what's happening with the State XCO series.

2) We emailed MTBA the dates on 4 Feb and they raised no objection. While we are very mindful of not clashing with other major events, the calendar is so full these days it's almost impossible! It is to be noted that the two events are different in nature - one is a marathon and the other is a multi-lap enduro.

We've had a suggestion about including a Club pointscore into the series scoring - we think this is a great idea and will look at integrating this into our results system.

While we'll look at this thread occasionally, if you have any comments or suggestions please email us direct from our website - www.chocolatefoot.com.au. And don't forget to sign up for our newsletter!

Cheers

Fi

Last edited:

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
2) We emailed MTBA the dates on 4 Feb and they raised no objection.
The MTBA Event de-confliction policy does not apply to scheduling this category of event with a National Championships, so there are no issues for MTBA with one round being on the same day as the 2010 Australian Marathon Championships.

dinosaur_mtb

Likes Dirt
3) We've had a suggestion about including a Club pointscore into the series scoring - we think this is a great idea and will look at integrating this into our results system.

I'd suggest keep any interclub pointscore out of this series. There are possibly several non partner clubs whose riders may be interested in competing in this series. How will they be scored? What of riders who don't belong to any club?

Mr Pants

skanky media ho
I'd suggest keep any interclub pointscore out of this series. There are possibly several non partner clubs whose riders may be interested in competing in this series. How will they be scored? What of riders who don't belong to any club?
If this were to happen I would think that any club and club member would be included in the pointscore. It would not be an "member clubs only" interclub series as happens in the road world, this is MTB we're all friends here, everyone's invited!

And if you're not a club member, join up, there's a million good reason why, not just for the insurance. Clubs help keep the trails open and fight for new ones, they deserve every riders support.

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
If Shack is deleting I'm deleting too :)

Anyway bring on round 1. I'm excited

Last edited:

micallb

Likes Bikes
If this were to happen I would think that any club and club member would be included in the pointscore. It would not be an "member clubs only" interclub series as happens in the road world, this is MTB we're all friends here, everyone's invited!

And if you're not a club member, join up, there's a million good reason why, not just for the insurance. Clubs help keep the trails open and fight for new ones, they deserve every riders support.
Im all for the club point score system. It adds an extra bit of interest in the series and encourages non club members to join up. Last years state series was made all the more exciting with the club points.
I reckon clubs should get extra points for riders wearing their club jerseys at the events too. Bit of friendly rivalry would add to the fun.