NSW Enduro Series - Singletrack Mind

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
It's a shame the Orange track got left out.It's orgasmic to the power of awesome extreme +10.

Well worth checking out one of their club rounds

Last edited:

kilaton

Likes Bikes
enduro series

would it be possible to run say at Lithgow which will be an eight hour race a four hour race for the not so fit and young , with the other locations we could half them as well for people who do not feel like doing the whole 6,8,10 hour race . Have a 3,4,5 hour race as well , just a thought .

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
would it be possible to run say at Lithgow which will be an eight hour race a four hour race for the not so fit and young , with the other locations we could half them as well for people who do not feel like doing the whole 6,8,10 hour race . Have a 3,4,5 hour race as well , just a thought .
There are plenty of us not so fit and young who do these races, we just enter as a team of 2 and problem solved.

McBain

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That's what teams are for. If you go as a team of 4, you ride for about 2 hours each (depending on lap lengths of course).

Edit: yeah, what Mr Psycho said. I've always done 8hr races in a team of two, and it is a good day out in terms of amount of riding.

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
Yeah, 4s are ok but you only get a couple of laps each, threes and twos with competitive team mates I found harder than my one and only solo effort.... But the whole focus of these things is the team atmosphere. Hanging around in the pits, checking out all the bikes, laughing at the silly soloists suffering lap after lap...

cha_cha_

Likes Dirt
so i missed this due to being on international duties this week but i'm all sorts of in.

no solo senior or ss cats is a bit of a bummer though.

will there a series prize for the novelty categories? i reckon i could have a decent poke at all 5 of them...

mcdoned

Likes Dirt
I think we need 5 entrants to form the category.

Otherwise, there's nothing too bad about just shoving an "SS" next to your name. To be honest, I prefer to do that than have the separate category.

The SS infighting is fun though.... :)

The series sounds like fun though. Looking forward to it!

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The series sounds like fun though. Looking forward to it!

Tell me about!!!

There's nothing worse than getting lapped by one of those stinking Single-Speeders...:)

cha_cha_

Likes Dirt

Otherwise, there's nothing too bad about just shoving an "SS" next to your name. To be honest, I prefer to do that than have the separate category.

yeah, while i don't need the ss category to get out there and race every round on the ss, it would be nice to have the infighting better defined rather than searching for SS in the list of overalls. no masters is the real disappointment though - those guys go hard and deserve the recognition but they're not likely to be at the pointy end of the overall standings.

doesn't even need to be about prizes imho...

Tee Man

Likes Bikes

Good point. As long as most of the SSers get on board. Always nice to see how you fair up against the geared boys too.

Fi

Chocolate Foot
2010 SRAM Singletrack Mind Series - Protected by Brave Soldier

Hey All

Today we welcomed on board a number of fantastic sponsors for the series - SRAM, Brave Soldier, RockShox, Avid, Truvativ and Lezyne. We're obviously stoked to have them all on board and know they'll be providing us with some great prizes to give out throughout the Series.

Just a heads up that entries will open on Thursday 18 March.

More info in our Newsletter, which was mailed today.

Cheers

Fi

cha_cha_

Likes Dirt
looks awesome. glad to see the nsw enduro series is alive and well. looking forward to doing most, if not all rounds (maybe not the one that clashes with the clubbies, but none the less).

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
Now to decide - Solo with the "special classes" or find a team...

- Anyone got a small to medium pre 1998 SS CX?

Optimus

Likes Bikes
I know this topic has come up before in other thread and the responsible poster has been shot for saying this, but it's interesting how the entry price for soloists is continuing to go up.

The WWS, which I know was at the cheaper end of town, was $50, and this was bumped up by RTE with the Sydney 12 Hour and MTB GPs last year, however the better event organisation well and truely makes up for it.

While I won't be racing solo this year, the $75 price tag better ensure enough port-a-loos so that anyone riding doesn't have to wait too long in a line, especially for the shorter races in the middle of the series.