NSW Enduro Series - Singletrack Mind

Photos from SRAM Single Track Mind Rnd 2

It's Kel, the photographer on course last Sunday.

I have about 1500 (= 12 "gigs" worth - WTF was I thinking when I said 12 gigs?) images to do a quick "levels adjustment" to and then upload to web. The images will be 2000-2400 px longest side in a Picasa web album when they eventually hit the net so tey will be very printable. Joe and Fi will create a link on their website, the ADCC website/forum will have a link as will the SCUM forum website and this one. I am taking some time away from work this week to get this done so expect some results on Friday. Gotta love giving yourself a deadline.

Cheers

Kel Hockey

hiredassassin

Likes Dirt
awesome! thanks Kel will keep an eye out.

i think you got a nice 'money shot' of me - I never seem to get photographed in the air, but I think you may have achieved it a couple of times :) so would love a copy!

thanks!

Hi Kel,
looking forward to seeing all of your photos, and would like to thank you for all the time you put in, in taking them, you must of spent atleast 7 of the 8 hours on track. Seen you in heaps of different spots. Looking forward to seeing all of the photos on the back firetrail where that photo of josh was taken. Curious to see if my guts still overhangs the toptube whilst im in the air;)

aaron

Likes Bikes
Kel is the man

Yup good on ya Kel, there's bound to be some crackers over that water bar.

There was another couple of photographers on course, I assume there will be links from the SM series site at some stage?

Fi

Chocolate Foot
Yup good on ya Kel, there's bound to be some crackers over that water bar.

There was another couple of photographers on course, I assume there will be links from the SM series site at some stage?
Can't wait to see them too, what we've seen from Kel so far has been amazing! Huge props to him and the rest of the SCUM members for all their hard work prior to and over the weekend. SCUM take great pride in their trails and certainly have their work cut out with four XC race courses to maintain - and motos using the areas regularly to contend with.

As for other photographers, we don't know of any of these but if they send us their sites we'll happily link to them.

We hope to see you all at Yellomundee on 12/13 June for Round 3! We're heading there this Sunday for the WSMTB club round and to get some promo footage, come along and get yer mug on the video!

Cheers

Fi

easo78

Likes Bikes
nice work on the pics! much appreciated. sorry for nearly running you over near the log roll :)

Last edited:

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So this Clydesdale category (Males + Bike =100kg, Females + Bike =85kg)

Is drinking 4 or so litres of water and eating two bowls of pasta before weigh in acceptable? (or maybe I should just throw a set of nevegels on the bike :D)

Also, weigh in should probably be in riding clothes... nobody wants to see the whippets turning up to registration in their girlfriends knee high leather boots to gain a pound or two

hiredassassin

Likes Dirt
So this Clydesdale category (Males + Bike =100kg, Females + Bike =85kg)

Is drinking 4 or so litres of water and eating two bowls of pasta before weigh in acceptable? (or maybe I should just throw a set of nevegels on the bike :D)
is that for anybody?

I qualify without my bike... could I walk it??

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
is that for anybody?

I qualify without my bike... could I walk it??
I dont quite understand, the race is open to anyone who signs up, clydesdale category is open to anyone who "at weigh in" has a combined weight with their bike of greater than 100kg/ 85kg

I personally am hoping to see some whippets trying to pedal DH bikes around :D

Fi

Chocolate Foot
I dont quite understand, the race is open to anyone who signs up, clydesdale category is open to anyone who "at weigh in" has a combined weight with their bike of greater than 100kg/ 85kg
Any SOLO rider, that is!

We'll be doing the weigh in at Rego on Saturday and Sunday, where everyone who wishes to qualify will need to present in their riding attire with bike - but without camelbak or bidons. We won't be doing a weigh in at the end of the race. What we plan to do is multiply the rider+bike weight by the number of laps (or kilometres) they complete to work out the final placings. That way, a heavier combo doing fewer laps can be equal to a lighter combo doing more laps ... makes it a more level playing field! Sound fair?

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Let the devious planning to increase weight begin (finally, an element of cycling I am good at)

Lets see here, if I reduce my fibre intake to zero in the week leading up to the race...

P.S. How cool would it be if Craig Gordon turned up with bricks taped to his bike to race us - poor bastard would be carrying a lot of bricks!