NSW Enduro Series - Singletrack Mind

cha_cha_

Likes Dirt
Let the devious planning to increase weight begin (finally, an element of cycling I am good at)

Lets see here, if I reduce my fibre intake to zero in the week leading up to the race...

P.S. How cool would it be if Craig Gordon turned up with bricks taped to his bike to race us - poor bastard would be carrying a lot of bricks!
i was a little worried a few weeks ago that i might slip under the threshold but thankfully 2 weeks off the bike thanks to work commitments and a healthy intake of japanese beer mean i'm safely in. can't weight ;)

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sorry, quick sensible question,

is this track going to be suitable for a roadie to make their mtb racing debut, they will be in a team of 3

edit: Cha Cha, im in exactly the same boat - fortunately I have exams and term papers due b/w now and then, so I'm not worried

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I would like to say yes but, Yellomundi has a-lot of technical climbs in one quick section.
I find it to be one of the harder trails out there.

Maybe you should get him out there before racing the trail to check it out.

Pizzaz

Likes Dirt
Sorry, quick sensible question,

is this track going to be suitable for a roadie to make their mtb racing debut, they will be in a team of 3

edit: Cha Cha, im in exactly the same boat - fortunately I have exams and term papers due b/w now and then, so I'm not worried
Lets face it... 100kg including bike isn't exactly a Clyde... 85kg rider + (reasonable) dually + shoes + gear = 100kg. 85kg ain't all that big! At Wildside the clyde category was (IIR) 95kg+ just the rider.

Sure, to be up the pointy end you're looking at sub 75kg riders but looking at the last few choccy foot rounds (riders _and_ bikes) then 1/2 the mes field would be in that category :)

First race for me was Sydney 12hr at about 110kg sans ... well... everything :) Now thats a Clyde!

cha_cha_

Likes Dirt
Lets face it... 100kg including bike isn't exactly a Clyde... 85kg rider + (reasonable) dually + shoes + gear = 100kg. 85kg ain't all that big! At Wildside the clyde category was (IIR) 95kg+ just the rider.

Sure, to be up the pointy end you're looking at sub 75kg riders but looking at the last few choccy foot rounds (riders _and_ bikes) then 1/2 the mes field would be in that category :)

First race for me was Sydney 12hr at about 110kg sans ... well... everything :) Now thats a Clyde!
Haha, i can take that. Bring on the wildside rules and I'm still in the game plus it takes out a big chunk of the "marginal" competition.

I imagine I'll be up closer the 110 mark all told...

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
I would like to say yes but, Yellomundi has a-lot of technical climbs in one quick section.
I find it to be one of the harder trails out there.

Maybe you should get him out there before racing the trail to check it out.
Having said that, most people that Yellowmundee sends home in an ambulance usually come off on what most of us consider the easier bits.

Does your roadie friend realize he'll get his white soxes dirty?

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
Course preview for Yellowmundee

Course preview for Yellowmundee (although we're all riding the wrong direction)

[video=youtube;JlRJWXzHXWs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlRJWXzHXWs[/video]

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ah, so thats what Spoonie looks like, nice to put a face to a name

Anywho believe it or not, our roadie isnt a he, but I dont think she'll worry too much about getting her white socks dirty - besdies, whats wrong with wearing white socks MTBing I still do (although they have a definate brownish tnge now)

itrance05

Likes Dirt
yellowmundi rd 3

well boys and girls were a week out from rd 3 of the single track mind series and the track is looking sweet for what will be a great weekend of racing,so get your entries in so you don't miss out.
hope to see you all out at yellowmundi:D

Rambler

Likes Dirt
What day do entries close
Event Name: SRAM Singletrack Mind Series Round 3
Event Location: Yellomundee Regional Park, Yarramundi
Event Date: 13/06/2010
Online registration closes on: 10/06/2010 at 10:00 AM (NSW time)

Weather looks good!

mittagongmtb

Likes Dirt
OK so how has Yellomundee held up after all the rain? Have only ridden once before there (in the summer when it was blazing hot) and it is pretty sandy in places and I guess there's a bit of clay in other areas.

Last edited:

cha_cha_

Likes Dirt
OK so how has Yellomundee held up after all the rain? Have only ridden once before there (in the summer when it was blazing hot) and it is pretty sandy in places and I guess there's a bit of clay in other areas.
the boys that did the work (not me, i was hungover) facebooked that it's come up a treat. should be good racing :D

Mr Pants

skanky media ho
Round 3 update

Hey all,

Just confirming that entries close at 10am this Thursday. But if you had entered early (before midnight last Friday) like lucky Jasen Raymond did, you could have won a 2 day Wilderness First Aid Course with Adventure Medic worth $350!

Enter here

An excited Megan Scott & Paul Traynor draw the Adventure Medic First Aid course prize!

Everyone else will just have to settle for the freakin' awesome track that has been freshly groomed by the excellent members of WSMTB. Club prez Scott Ardron says "Trackwork is done. Yellomundee is primo. You wouldn't even know it's rained for the last week."

The proposed course can be found here

And of course there will be great giveaways from our fantastic sponsors including a $1500 voucher to spend on the Cannondale bike of your choice AND someone's walking away with a pair of uber-bling Avid Elixir Carbon brakes!:eek:

The not so exciting stuff: At the behest of NPWS, parking will be limited, so buddy up and share the ride or talk to Will at www.mtnbike.com.au and catch his specially setup bus and trailer to get you there in style.

The weather's looking good for the weekend (a shed-load better than it has been!) so get your team organised and get your entry in!

In other news: We just received the entry of a certain former National Champion and NORBA winner, looks like mens pairs will be very hotly contested...

Attachments

Last edited:

Mr Pants

skanky media ho
NEWSFLASH: First "Official Australian Showing" of the 2011 SRAM XO 2x10 speed group!

SRAM have bestowed upon us the honour of making Round 3 of the SRAM Singletrack Mind Series at Yellomundee the first chance for Aussie riders to go oooh, aaaaah and fondle the new SRAM XO groupset that's gone 2 x 10 speed for 2011, just like its blingy brother XX.

Last edited:

Mr Pants

skanky media ho
Yes that's what Rob Eva told me, he dropped by Lysterfield for 20 minutes on the way back from the airport.

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
NEWSFLASH: First "Official Australian Showing" of the 2011 SRAM XO 2x10 speed group!

SRAM have bestowed upon us the honour of making Round 3 of the SRAM Singletrack Mind Series at Yellomundee the first chance for Aussie riders to go oooh, aaaaah and fondle the new SRAM XO groupset that's gone 2 x 10 speed for 2011, just like its blingy brother XX.
Perhaps they should award aset to the top U/23 in the Clydesdale Special Cat... just saying

its the only way I have even a remote chance :)