NSW Enduro Series - Singletrack Mind

Jackstack

Likes Dirt
Perhaps they should award aset to the top U/23 in the Clydesdale Special Cat... just saying
So.....someone got some money on oneself???

Bummed to be missing the Clydesdale category, bloody organiser's putting races on long weekends when some of us are forced to go away with our families, happens every year. Oh well the muffed up neck/shoulder/arm combo prob not up to yarramundi for 8 hrs anyway. Have fun kiddies.

Mr Pants

skanky media ho
Perhaps they should award aset to the top U/23 in the Clydesdale Special Cat... just saying

its the only way I have even a remote chance :)
Nice try! But the 2011 XO you see on Sunday are most likely pre-production examples as the group is not officially released to the public yet.

But you could win a pair a Avid Elixir Carbon brakes (basically the same as the XX brakes) at the end of the prezzo, so you'd be a quarter of the way to a group set!

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So.....someone got some money on oneself???
No, I wouldnt be putting money on myself until it was best U/23 in the Clydes Cat who is earing blues shoes, riding a white and red bike, and wearing a green jersey from Canada... then I'd put money on myself

Bermshot

Banned
So what happened, didn't the race get run? If it did race conditions please, course that was run, turnout and who won singles please? (womans and mens) If it's not too much trouble.

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
It all went very well, except for the twit who brought his dog and let it run through the pre-race briefing in front of the NP Ranger. How many times to people need to be told not to bring their dogs to Yellowmundee.

Bermshot

Banned
It all went very well, except for the twit who brought his dog and let it run through the pre-race briefing in front of the NP Ranger. How many times to people need to be told not to bring their dogs to Yellowmundee.
Laughing my head off man! It wasn't that big bastard that jumped the camera man at the X point last year was it?

dinosaur_mtb

Likes Dirt
Great event which was run really well. Thanx to Choc foot and WSMBC. This is the second time I have ridden this track (or a variation in part of it). The first time was at the 4hr in December. This is an observation not a criticism. It seems the track is suffering considerable wear and tear and some of the sections coming down from the highest point, near the pwer lines and down to the first creek crossing are becoming very wide, with new lines and bad wash outs. (The rock garden just prior to the first bridge in particular has some bypass tracks that will become wider and wider, and detract from the purpose of having a rock garden). I know it's not surprising and tracks like stromlo also suffer the high volume use that Yellowwmundee gets as well and also shows some bad wear and tear. I realise th etrack is getting quite old now and I feel for the managers who have to nurture it and thanks again for preparing it. (Do you guys have any comments and did you get to the recent track building seminars held a month or so back and have any comments?)

itrance05

Likes Dirt
wow what a day,close racing(not for me though).......how many times can you break a chain in 1 race?.......twice!haha oh well shit happens.
3 from 3 for choco foot great day again.
track rode well i thought,as for track condition and maintenance best left for another thread(touchy subject).
lets talk about the goodtimes or the cold times because some or all of the riders doing the first lap looked like frost bite was kicking in(haha didn't have to do first lap). :p

dinosaur_mtb

Likes Dirt
Did I hear correctly that there were a couple of riders that went into the drink?
I rode the second lap but was taken by surprise as to how quickly the opening lap passed.. left me putting on my shoes at transition..... Have got to say that this was the best mannered group of riders that I have had pleasure of riding with - plenty of encouragement all round.

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
cold then slightly warm

The start was cold for a good hundred meters or so, especially my toes.
After the first climb I think we were warmed up by then, the pace was frantic, for us solo guys anyway.
I had no chance of staying with the lead guys, I hit a tree on my first lap,
the track was fine for me although the climbing in the first half was always good to get over, I only had to walk a section twice, which I was pretty happy about.
no dramas on the course for me at all, everyone was happy as i was passing or being passed.

I should really do bike maintenance a few days before the race, not halfway around the day.
my bike felt really sloppy; This was due to having half the amount of air I really should have in my rear shock and the fact that my front wheel wasn't done up quite enough, no wonder I felt all over the place, especially when braking.
Luckily my GF went to do a marshalling lap and seeing that she hadn't ridden Yellowmunde in quite a few years I turned off the race face and followed her around telling her where the more tricky stuff was and what to watch out for.

Another thumbs up for the Chocolate foot gang!!!

cha_cha_

Likes Dirt
Did I hear correctly that there were a couple of riders that went into the drink?
I rode the second lap but was taken by surprise as to how quickly the opening lap passed.. left me putting on my shoes at transition..... Have got to say that this was the best mannered group of riders that I have had pleasure of riding with - plenty of encouragement all round.
first lap started out on the fireroad at the south end and we dropped straight into the moto track, avoiding the pinch climbs on the first half of the track so yeah, it was nice and short...

very painful day on the bike, for some reason the marathons keep getting easier and the enduros keep getting harder but the draw at presentation more than made up for it - thanks to chocolate foot, cannondale, all the sponsors, wsmtb and everyone involved. can't wait til the shops open on tuesday so i can spend my $1500 :D

Tazdevil

Likes Bikes
Fish & Chips

It was a damn cold start all right! But yes after the first hill after finishing the first lap I am sure we all warmed up just fine (I did). This is only the second time I have ridden at Yellowmundee and find it a little tricky (my poor skill...) in a couple of spots forcing me to walk them some (most..) times, but other than that it seemed pretty good to me, I suspect track maintenance must always be a constant challenge.

Chocolate foot seems to run a tight ship and some other race organisers could take a leaf out of their book. The big screen in the transition area where you can see your lap time and category position as you ride through is a nice (and very useful) touch.

Those SS people – how do they do it? <shaking head> :rolleyes:

Hmmm, F & C, munching on them now... I deserve it...

Kris_on_1

Likes Dirt
How awesome are mountain bikers?

After completing a lap and a half on my trusty, beautiful, never let me down, bike, it decided it didn't want to play anymore and the rear hub went. Walking back I had so many people ask if I was ok, I felt like a broken record saying yes. And then when I make it to transition, three complete strangers offer me their bikes to ride (I was riding solo).

So my big thanks of the day, after congratulating Chocolate Foot and WSMTB on another fantastic event, is a HUGE thanks to Helen who lent me her gorgeous Ibis Mojo, with gears and dual suspension. Turns out its true and I can only ride an automatic (SS).

scotta

Likes Dirt
Great event which was run really well. Thanx to Choc foot and WSMBC. This is the second time I have ridden this track (or a variation in part of it). The first time was at the 4hr in December. This is an observation not a criticism. It seems the track is suffering considerable wear and tear and some of the sections coming down from the highest point, near the pwer lines and down to the first creek crossing are becoming very wide, with new lines and bad wash outs. (The rock garden just prior to the first bridge in particular has some bypass tracks that will become wider and wider, and detract from the purpose of having a rock garden). I know it's not surprising and tracks like stromlo also suffer the high volume use that Yellowwmundee gets as well and also shows some bad wear and tear. I realise th etrack is getting quite old now and I feel for the managers who have to nurture it and thanks again for preparing it. (Do you guys have any comments and did you get to the recent track building seminars held a month or so back and have any comments?)
wsmtb are about to lodge a proposal with npws with some sustainable solutions to the areas that are being affected by erosion and track widening.. until then can riders please not ride yellomundee whilst its wet or raining and please if you cant ride a section of trail, dont ride around it creating a ever widening trail..(walk)

scott wsmtb club president

Last edited:

BM Epic

Eats Squid
wsmtb are about to lodge a proposal with npws with some sustainable solutions to the areas that are being affected by erosion and track widening.. until then can riders please not ride yellomundee whilst its wet or raining and please if you cant ride a section of trail, dont ride around it creating a ever widening trail..(walk)
mtb in yellomundee is encouraged by npws.
scott wsmtb club president
I have to agree with you Scott, one of the major issues i see a lot,( and i live just up the road) is that the amount of people riding yellowmundee of a weekend when it's been pissing with rain still astounds me, it's like they feel an obligation to ride it and get as muddy as possible, it tears up the track in quick time!
This is just an observation from going past all the time!