NSW Enduro Series - Singletrack Mind

Enduro Pulse

Likes Dirt
Well - back from Stromlo, car unpacked, washing on, and pizza dinner ordered.

After these high priority jobs, my next 'most important' thing is to thank Craig Bayliss from Enduro Pulse for doing what most of us would consider unthinkable....

I was stuck into my racing in the mixed pairs, and really enjoying my day. Craig was camped next to us, and I saw him with St.Johns around him - he'd had an 'off' and called it a day.
About a lap later, my bike developed a problem that could not be fixed on the day, and it looked like my (and my partners) race was up.
Craig lent me his carbon yeti ASR.
Thanks mate, no problems. Turns out my 'off' is actually a fractured ankle and fractured thumb. Moon boot goes on tomorrow and thumb splint will mean I'll just see the WSC 24 from the pits now...

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
Thanks to Alchemist for the tasty Sassy Red at the finish, I owe you one in late Oct!
I came back into transition to find my esky surrounded by about 60 singlespeeders in Mal Adjusted jerseys. The only way I could get it back was by saying that the beer was for you.

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks mate, no problems. Turns out my 'off' is actually a fractured ankle and fractured thumb. Moon boot goes on tomorrow and thumb splint will mean I'll just see the WSC 24 from the pits now...
Commiserations Craig, have no fear though - the parrots are already speculating it'll be back down under for 2013

Where did you come a-cropper?

Enduro Pulse

Likes Dirt
Commiserations Craig, have no fear though - the parrots are already speculating it'll be back down under for 2013

Where did you come a-cropper?
It was such a great track with a few technical features. I crashed though on the easy, fast right hander at the end of the fireroad after the transition singletrack. Overcooked it, drifted then smacked the dirt.

Joe and Fiona put on a good show and sitting in the tent you realise just how much there must be to organise.

charltons

Likes Bikes
Hi Craig, Bad news! I really feel for you. I have been following your blog since the Sydney 24. Don't let it get you down.

McBain

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I had some great handlebar/tree action on that rocky bit towards the end of the descent (just before you cross the road) and shattered myself on the rocks - by all rights it should have put me out of the race
We had a few reports of someone down in that section (Troy Glennan let us know at the end of his lap for example), but you must have gotten going by the time Joe got there.

If I've got the right section, there's an A and B line there, but almost nobody sees the B line.

Mr Pants

skanky media ho
I shot some video there for a while and yes if you're not technically gifted (Jon Odams made the A-line look like a pump track section) then the B-line was about equal and much easier on the rims!

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
We had a few reports of someone down in that section (Troy Glennan let us know at the end of his lap for example), but you must have gotten going by the time Joe got there.

If I've got the right section, there's an A and B line there, but almost nobody sees the B line.
Yeh, it just depended on a lap by lap basis whether I remembered to take the B Line or not (its quite a sharp right hand turn to get onto it given the speed you carry into that section - well I think so anyway) On that particular occaision I forgot - I didnt forget again for the rest of the race!

It was pretty packed there, not only did I cause the guy behind me to stop, I nearly hit Dave the cameraman on the way through, and made the 2 guys on the B-Line stop because I landeded on the edge of their track.

It was certainly the longest I've waited before standing up after a crash in a long time! (lay there checking my toes and fingers, then wrists and ankles, then legs and arms, then neck etc etc)

Fi

Chocolate Foot
Chocolate Wrapper

The Chocolate Wrapper is hot off the virtual press! Results, photos, reports and your final opportunity to order the official Singletrack Mind series jersey in time to pick it up at round 5! Thanks again everyone, it was a tops weekend!

crummy?

Likes Dirt
Stromlo STM

A warmer than expected morning greeted when we arrived at Mt Stomlo for the fourth round of the Singletrack Mind Series and seven hours of race time. The race got underway on time, with a group, self-seated start and deciding to start towards the back of the bunch was not the wisest decision. So after a few track stand comps with my fellowTeam Enduro Pulse members while everyone sorted themselves out, finally we were underway through the single track - although from this moment on, we were already 5 minutes behind the race leaders.

full report at mcrummy.blogspot.com

What a great day and well run too, great work.

Fi

Chocolate Foot
Round 4 photos

Check out the awesome shots in our gallery from event photographer Dave Bateman! There's also a selection of shots kindly provided by Stew Hayes. Plus, a whole bunch more have been posted by Jason Heddle on Facebook!

Fi

Chocolate Foot
K-Lite Winner & Round 5 Info

Congrats to Andrew Tabner, early bird entrant and also the winner of the prize draw of a K-Lite LED lighting system worth $399!

There's a stack of info about the Grand Finale Round 5, see today's Chocolate Foot Newsletter: Footprint and also the event website for all the details. We're looking forward to wrapping up the series at Wollongong MTB Club's famed Appin XC track, with a jumping castle (adult rated!), a live band post race, and the town of Appin joining the party!

jeffandal

Likes Dirt
Rider wanted.

Hi everyone,
Alisha is looking for someone to race with at Appin next w/e. Either team of 2, or 3.
PM me,
or you can contact Alisha on; 0415346120
Jeff.:cool:

Mr Pants

skanky media ho
Round 5 - Appin Course preview

[video=youtube;ypQhN9hvUgk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypQhN9hvUgk[/video]