NSW: Golden Jubilee Oval MTB Area

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi all I'm just getting back into riding on the old hardtail and was thinking of hitting up the Golden Jubilee Oval MTB area in Turramurra...What disciplines of riding does it cater for? I want to see if it's worth packing up the car and heading out this weekend!

I was out at the Northbridge pump track on sunday...the back and forth track is in good condition whilst the looping track needs a bit of TLC!

last i saw golden jubilee wasnt in great condition. there were a lot of ruts from water draining and some exposed rock on the pumptrack. it does have some wooden features but its not something id go out of my way for. the pump track was pretty dialled when it was built but its not being maintained.

if you want something a bit harder than northbridge head up to castle cove on a saturday, plenty of people and theres some easier lines to get back into it.

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
last i saw golden jubilee wasnt in great condition. there were a lot of ruts from water draining and some exposed rock on the pumptrack. it does have some wooden features but its not something id go out of my way for. the pump track was pretty dialled when it was built but its not being maintained.

if you want something a bit harder than northbridge head up to castle cove on a saturday, plenty of people and theres some easier lines to get back into it.
Cheers for the info mate...next time I'll head north I'll drop in for a look! Northbridge was ok but pretty compromised due to the drainage/ruts etc...if it had a fresh load of soil ontop it would be sweet!

Ok I might go and check Castle Cove for a ride if there are some easier lines (like I said been a while since I've been on the hardtail!) - assuming it's a legal track can you tell me what street it's in??

yeah its all legal. Holly st in castle cove, right next to the oval. look for the bunch of kooks with nice bikes mid way up the hill. theres a few tabletopped jumps in the set. i was there today and its very dry and fast at the moment, so theyre fairly easy to get over.

camzh

Likes Dirt
Well Jubes has been rebuilt.
If all goes well I'm planning on getting out there tomorrow..

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Posted this in the OMV thread but this is what Synergy have been up to. Looks sweet.

[video=youtube;L6_8zpZ6itg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6_8zpZ6itg[/video]

camzh

Likes Dirt
Yeah, Jubes is sweet,
Was there again on Saturday, but didn't bite it this time.

I saw the clutter/talk in the OMV thread, but figured it made more sense to revive this one.

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wow I can't believe it's just short of a year ago since I started this thread!

I rode Jube's on Friday...the boys from Synergy Trails have done an awesome job on it! It's well worth checking it out!

And I rode Northbridge the other weekend...it's pretty run down, some topsoil and shaping would get it back in order!