NSW rollercoaster series 2016

haltz

Likes Dirt
Kempsey showground is offering powered campsites for $20 (per site, not per person). 10min from the golf club, and if you haven't had enough riding Saturday you can hit the brand new pump track right in the middle of the campsites. http://www.kempseyshowground.com.au/#!camping/c129d

View attachment 330484

View attachment 330485

View attachment 330486

Stage 1 of the pump track is completed, mirror side will be next.
Fuck yeah Kempsey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yarrahappinni

Likes Dirt
Kempsey sample

If you haven't experienced Kempsey, here's a snippet of what you could expect.

[video]https://www.facebook.com/jake.devries.568/videos/10153901768057246/[/video]

loc81

Likes Dirt
Well after a combination of mechanical issues and poor timing, I'm booked and excited to dust off the hard tail again for Kempsey! Only made it to Ourimbah earlier in the year- better late than never I guess. Currently trying to rustle up some fellow HT die hards to hopefully get more than just a couple of entries into the category!
Also my fist time in Kempsey- always great to tick another place off the ride list. Looking to head up there the week before for a sticky beak.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Well after a combination of mechanical issues and poor timing, I'm booked and excited to dust off the hard tail again for Kempsey! Only made it to Ourimbah earlier in the year- better late than never I guess. Currently trying to rustle up some fellow HT die hards to hopefully get more than just a couple of entries into the category!
Also my fist time in Kempsey- always great to tick another place off the ride list. Looking to head up there the week before for a sticky beak.
Your no show at Killi meant the only other guy willing to sign up on one took the win ;) he seemed genuinely stoked though and his time was still good!

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hamish can't the afford to not race in vets (sitting 3rd) otherwise I'm sure he'd bring his Avanti hardtail out for a brappp... Hehe!

You'll love kempsey mate!

haltz

Likes Dirt
I can't make the race but I'd hitch hike a lift to come check the trails the week before if you're heading through Newcastle

loc81

Likes Dirt
Anyone got any advice for Kemsey trails?
Are they all directional and sign posted?
I'm checking out the map- is there a preferred loop to get the most out of it it just blast down and then fire road back up to 5 ways?

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm checking out the map- is there a preferred loop to get the most out of it it just blast down and then fire road back up to 5 ways?
Not really signposted, but hard to get lost. Fire road back to the top each time. Jump on the kmorc page and save the trail map to your phone.

You coming to the race?

Yarrahappinni

Likes Dirt
The club do a social ride on a Saturday at 2pm or this weekend there will be people out playing with the tracks that can show you around. Start at the golf club and someone will show up if you're unsure about where to ride, otherwise from the golf club carpark look west and you will see the trail head, follow your nose there after.

We have a north coast XC round this Sunday from 10-1, using the trails from 5 ways back to the golf club. But if you head up triple dippers to the start area you can follow your nose down the trails from there. You're welcome to ride Sunday, just watch out for lycra clad climbers.

Here are some maps that may help your "direction muscle". I believe a few sharks will be stalking the forest this weekend also.

XC trail Sunday July 31
kmorc GNATPACK 2016 jumps.jpg

Superflow trails August 6 & 7
trailstar1-2016.JPG

loc81

Likes Dirt
That's for that info. You suggesting just ride up west end road to triple dippers to avoid the club loop?

loc81

Likes Dirt
Not really signposted, but hard to get lost. Fire road back to the top each time. Jump on the kmorc page and save the trail map to your phone.

You coming to the race?
Yes sir I am! I'll save those maps like you said- especially now we have the race runs.

Yarrahappinni

Likes Dirt
Weather gods shine down

Weather gods are being generous for round 5 at Kempsey this weekend, a nice sprinkle mid week will make the tracks perfect. With the hard surface of Kempsey one day after rain and the trails are good to ride again. Any rain will clear the marbles and loose parts away leaving the hard surface ready to rock.
Our resident trail Wookiee has been doing his rain dance
wookiee.jpg

Entries are found here:

https://regonline.activeglobal.com/Register/Checkin.aspx?EventID=1866592

weather1.jpg

loc81

Likes Dirt
Let's get down to the nitty gritty- where's the best place in town for a feed (breakfast and dinner options) and a beer?