NSW rollercoaster series 2016

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What options are there apart from the cockatoo switchbacks ascent?

Are there any fire roads that will be more efficient?

Any top tips and handy hints gratefully received.
Hey mate, fire roads aplenty. That's pretty much how I run it there most of the time especially if I'm running the stuff over the back like Pork Barrel and Double Dissolution.

You don't even need to do Cockatoo. From the carpark head up the fire trail that runs up alng the side of the 4 cross track then follow the fire trail leading straight ahead. From there it's pretty easy to work out.

PM me if you have any more questions. I'll be there Friday and Saturday too.

Cheers Scott.

ianganderton

Likes Dirt
Great weekends racing at Stromlo. We managed to avoid any queues by doing the Jet Black and Shimano tracks first then the 2 at the top

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Apparently young wizard riding for nicks cycles got 1st in U17 with a time that'd pull 3rd in elite! What a little champ.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Ben_M

Likes Bikes
A mangled pedal ruined my day, only got 1.5 stages completed. I tried but couldn't fix it, was a top day for it though. I was actually disappointed to miss the Jetblack stage as I was interested to see how it was. I'll be back for a 5th time next year.

bikeyoulongtime

Likes Dirt
Great weekends racing at Stromlo. We managed to avoid any queues by doing the Jet Black and Shimano tracks first then the 2 at the top
Did the same! great day out, just had some derp moments - left hand jump line on the shimano track was taped off between practice and racing, and I didn't see it until the last second! derp. Too much programmed riding. Also flatted at the top of double diss, so did casuarina climb an extra time to get a re run. o.u.c.h.

BIG thanks to the organisers for moving the start for the last two tracks to the top of the hill :) and generally running an awesome event!

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So so much pedalling! But an epic day on the hill at stromlo none the less!

Thanks Martin for some sick tracks!

markb84

Likes Dirt
Despite a mechanical ending my race prematurely, this was my favourite race of the season so far.
Huge thanks to Martin et al for organising. Looking forward to Killingworth (and the mysterious round 5!)

Marty64

Cannon Fodder
Are the Killingworth trails open to the public at the moment? Having a bit of trouble finding some reliable information

haltz

Likes Dirt
Are the Killingworth trails open to the public at the moment? Having a bit of trouble finding some reliable information
I think I'm heading out to ride the stages tomorrow to send a map to Martin if you want a look around

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

CraigM81

Likes Bikes
I think I'm heading out to ride the stages tomorrow to send a map to Martin if you want a look around

Would you be able to share the map on here as well? I'm planning to head up before the race as I've never been to Killingworth and would like to ride the race stages

haltz

Likes Dirt
Would you be able to share the map on here as well? I'm planning to head up before the race as I've never been to Killingworth and would like to ride the race stages
I messaged Martin the other day and he says he has a pretty good idea of where he wants to run it so I'm not gonna worry bout showing him any new stuff so expect it to be the same as last year which will be one good stage, one xc stage and one short as hell that currently ends in a mine field of of erosion and 4wd ruts haha I don't have just those 3 stages mapped in one ride alone so probably hit up someone the raced it last year

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Chris no new tracks? I want to see your tracks man!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

haltz

Likes Dirt
Chris no new tracks? I want to see your tracks man!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I'll still show you guys my track when yas come for a look at the rest, yous just won't be racing it

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
Round 5 - Kempsey

For the final round of the Fox Rollercoaster ‪#‎Superflow‬ hydrated by Camelbak we will return to Kempsey. Two days of racing on trails that feature a truckload of berms, an easy ride back to the startline and some awesome (new) features. If in doubt about making the trip ask anyone who has raced there with us in the last two years and they will tell you how much fun the trails are.

ianganderton

Likes Dirt
For the final round of the Fox Rollercoaster ‪#‎Superflow‬ hydrated by Camelbak we will return to Kempsey. Two days of racing on trails that feature a truckload of berms, an easy ride back to the startline and some awesome (new) features. If in doubt about making the trip ask anyone who has raced there with us in the last two years and they will tell you how much fun the trails are.
Where is Kempsey?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Where is Kempsey?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: It's the home of the Slim Dusty centre mate! It's under five hours drive north of Sydney. The trail network is very easy to find and the trails are bloody great. Heaps of scattered rock, well built sections and not a tough climb. The The trails aren't too steep but fall enough that you go with gravity. Don't miss it, it'll be a great weekend.