NSW rollercoaster series 2016

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
Nice. Are you using the old rock garden and/or the old DH line (still on the left of demtel, but stays up higher) for the fox trail?
Whichever one is in better nick on the day. Rode around a little to check things out but not enough yet to make a final call.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I'm aiming at this or a similar series for my 2018 race (only budget for one booze-filled race event a year...., stupid home loans).

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/v...&ll=-33.28554447443462,151.3755669598694&z=15

Fox Superflow trail update: there has been a lot of work done to the Ourimbah trails giving us a few more options to race. That's why we have amended the trails a little compared to previous years. The Fox trail using most of the DH track will start about 200m higher using the line on the left of the pallet drop (looking down). The Miles trail will start a little lower and the Stan's trail is brand new: we are using the old DH line going down the back of the mountain which feeds into a brutal but very short firetrail climb to 5-ways where we feed directly into the bottom bit of the Rollercoaster trail. All up it's probably a bit harder than last year's edition but the trails we therefore gain are definitely worth it.

As you dug out the thread I might as well post in it :)

CourseOut

Likes Bikes
I raced Ourimbah on my hardtail yesterday. I struggled fitness wise but a lot of that was down to my poor planning, and having to run down to replace a tube that I popped in my first run.

These events are great, I'm looking forward to Dungog thats for sure

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Tell you what.. I really wasn't planning to race Ourimbah, same old trails etc... but damn, I had a blast! So great to see the courses mixed up! I struggled climbing out of the gully on the old DH track.. but it was fun none the less!

A+ Will race again

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Despite dropping my chain on the same run as last year in exactly the same place (and despite having put on a chain guide to stop such a thing occurring) I had a good time. Yep there was a bastard of a climb out on one of them but I think I preferred this year trails to last years. Pretty happy with the result too.

RaID

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Great Race once again, but can we you please stop running Burnt Forest in Reverse. That trail is just terrible with no flow clearly not designed to be ridden in reverse.

Miles was great with the Old DH trail, more trails like that even if there is a climb rather than Burnt Forest.

Keep up the great work Martin!

Last edited:

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Great Race once again, but can we you please stop running Burnt Forest in Reverse. That trail is just terrible with no flow clearly not designed to be ridden in reverse.
Pfft.. That's enduro man. I thought it made for a really good challenge! Practice the endo turns..