Nukeproof Mega

Squid
Meet my new love

Ethnicity: Asian (yellow)
Price: Only few thousand dorrah (dollars)

Frame - Nukeproof Mega in medium size.. and yellow if you couldn't tell
Rear shock - Monarch RT3
Front shock/fork - Fox 32 150 RLC
Handlebars - Nukeproof 760mm wide 20mm rise
Stem - Thomson Elite X4 70mm
Headset - Cane Creek Forty zs44/28.6 ec44/40
Grips - Nukeproof Element End
Saddle - SDG Galaxy
Seatpost - Thomson Elite Inline
Seat clamp - Hope QR
Front brake - Shimano XT M785 with 8 inch RT86 Ice-Tech rotor
Rear brake - Shimano XT M785 with 7 inch RT86 Ice-Tech rotor
Cranks - Shimano Zee 175mm 36 tooth chain ring
Chainguide - E Thirteen LS1+
Chain - Shimano XTR M980
Pedals - Wellgo MG-1
Rear derailleur - Shimano XT M780
Rear shifter - Shimano XT M780
Cassette - Shimano XT M771
Front wheel - Nukeproof Generator 15mm axle
Rear wheel - Nukeproof Generator 12mm axle
Front Tyre - Maxxis Minion 2.35
Rear Tyre - Maxxis Crossmark 2.1
Tubes - Maxxis Welter Weight
Total weight - 13.8kg (she claims)

She arrived in this box:

IMG_20120711_124357.jpg

This is her posing:

IMG_20120729_112933.jpg

This is her best side:

IMG_20120729_112542.jpg

Close ups of her naughty bits:

IMG_20120729_112607.jpg
IMG_20120729_112625.jpg
IMG_20120729_112646.jpg
IMG_20120729_112704.jpg
IMG_20120729_113006.jpg
IMG_20120729_113024.jpg

The pictures show a nukeproof headset. I originally bought the Cane Creek off a guy here on Rotorburn but because it took so long to arrive I got sick of waiting and bought the Nukeproof.. last Friday.. guess what turned up Monday?

I'd like to thank all my friends for getting me the wheels and for the constant peer pressure and mildly severe mental abuse and sending subliminal messages to buy this thing.

I'd also like to thank Australia Post for taking over 3 weeks to deliver the Cane Creek.. from Sydney.. to Brisbane.. because of you she spent 3 unnecessary weeks still in the box.. lucky she didn't suffocate..

New pictures:

Cane Creek headset:

IMG_20121007_131210.jpg

Hoses shortened. Thanks Simon!:

IMG_20121007_132520.jpg

New saddle as the nukeproof one was so uncomfortable after each I ride I felt like I had been violated by George Michael:

IMG_20121007_131157.jpg

Last edited:

TLS

Likes Bikes
Sick looking ride buddy! Now to take it out for a spin! Almost too pretty to get dirty though!

rone

Eats Squid
Love it. This was on the shortlist of frames for my AM build but ultimately went for a Turner. Curious to hear riding impressions.

Shorten those hoses.

chonox

Likes Dirt

Looks better in real life too and feels lighter than 14, might need to get her weighed up proper!

:clap2:

Squid
Sick looking ride buddy! Now to take it out for a spin! Almost too pretty to get dirty though!
Haha it's actually already dirty, the phone camera just doesnt bring out the filth.

Love it. This was on the shortlist of frames for my AM build but ultimately went for a Turner. Curious to hear riding impressions.

Shorten those hoses.
It's very long and stable, like a 29er tricycle! Just kidding, the stability makes it easy for amateur rider like me.

dug8713 gotta get your help to shorten the hoses sometime.

About bloody time, this was a year in the making!

Gotta fix up the position of that front axle though.
Good idea, looks mean everything lol

mr636

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How does it pedal??
Im really thinking about getting one of these.... they are so cheap on Chain reaction at the moment!

Squid
How does it pedal??
Im really thinking about getting one of these.... they are so cheap on Chain reaction at the moment!
It pedals great, nukeproof say to use 34t-36t chain ring to prevent pedal bob but dug8713 says you can tune out pedal bob with low speed compression settings on monarch (min max gate settings).
It's a long bike tho.

ilostmypassword

Likes Dirt
Sweet! My frame in yellow will be here next week along with 55ti 170mm marzocchis ;) Not sure why most go for black or silver as this frame colour is nuts!
I'm 5. 5" and ordered a small. What size are you?

Gotta say, seeing this build is making me excited. Your photos have really settled my nerves about colour choice- stunning!!!

I'll post mine up ove built in a few weeks. :clap2:

Squid
Sweet! My frame in yellow will be here next week along with 55ti 170mm marzocchis ;) Not sure why most go for black or silver as this frame colour is nuts!
I'm 5. 5" and ordered a small. What size are you?

Gotta say, seeing this build is making me excited. Your photos have really settled my nerves about colour choice- stunning!!!

I'll post mine up ove built in a few weeks. :clap2:
The yellow is definitely sexy, but the paint isn't very hard wearing and chips easily. The black and silver anodised would be a pretty tough coating, that's probably why everyone goes for them.
However, your frame needs a few battle scars to prove you're not a lycra road biker babying the beast like it's a 10k carbon campagnolo show pony.

I'm 5'10" on the border between a medium/large on the size chart, but I chose the medium. It's already a pretty long bike so I'm guessing the large would be like steering a yellow submarine :laugh:

Last edited:

chadly1084

Likes Bikes
WOW thats alot of yellow. Yellow frame, grips, bars, pedals, hubs and rims. Just need yellow seat, forks and stem and it would resemble a Banana. Pedal Reflectors need to go yellow and orange just dont mix well. I want those forks and brakes.

Squid
WOW thats alot of yellow. Yellow frame, grips, bars, pedals, hubs and rims. Just need yellow seat, forks and stem and it would resemble a Banana. Pedal Reflectors need to go yellow and orange just dont mix well. I want those forks and brakes.
She's asian, she may have yellow skin but her hair's still black you know? Can't be all yellow. Have you seen how weird an asian girl with blonde hair is?

The pedal reflectors are a necessity. From side on the bike stands out like big bird, but from behind all you see is black tyre, seatpost and saddle. For e.g. how disappointing is a girl with nice front and good side on figure but no ass?

chadly1084

Likes Bikes
The pedal reflectors are a necessity. From side on the bike stands out like big bird, but from behind all you see is black tyre, seatpost and saddle. For e.g. how disappointing is a girl with nice front and good side on figure but no ass?

In that case replace the pedal reflectors with Neons Tokyo Drift style.