Nukeproof scout

Mr_hANky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How tall are you? I'm thinking about building up one of these for my son. He's 6'2" and still growing so thinking L or possibly XL.

Did you source it locally or brought it in from OS?

cheers
Im 5'11, feels to big when seat but spot on when standing. Im pretty sure its due to the offset ofnthe seatpost though.

Frame was 320buks off CRC. Looks lioe the have sold all the 2017 stock though. Also the 2018 scout large has a much longer reach measurement now.

spikenet

Likes Dirt
Im 5'11, feels to big when seat but spot on when standing. Im pretty sure its due to the offset ofnthe seatpost though.

Frame was 320buks off CRC. Looks lioe the have sold all the 2017 stock though. Also the 2018 scout large has a much longer reach measurement now.
OK thanks, yeah i couldn't find any cheap frames. Might be a project for latter

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Ok so I have replaces the photos.

Bit of a long term review. Hae raised the forks back upto 150mm as I felt the bb drop was just to much at 140mm travel. At 140mm It was a real effort to get the front end up when doing bunny hops or manuals. Now at 150mm travel I feels alot smoother like I'm not fighting against the bikes geo. BB drop on the 2017 Scout is -50mm.

Rear end stiffness is next level, the seat is a 16buk charge special. It is a shit seat which does not fit my ass which compounded by the extra stiff rear end which makes my butthole suicidal after a 30km ride on single trails. New seat is on the cards.

Next issue is the specialized command Post. Even with the saddle as far forward on the rails as possible it still feels as though I'm super stretched out. Also at 125mm drop it's not enough and to have a proper party I'm having to further lower the seat post using a tool. Might as well not have the dropper post.

I also find it strange how much longer the bike feel compared to my large 2017 enduro 29r. The large Scout is ment to be 435mm reach where as my enduro is 450mm reach. It honestly feels longer. Nukeproof don't specify a stack so I'm assuming it is alot lower than the enduro which is making it feel longer. Or maybe I should have checked I wasnt given an XL instead of the L I ordered. Aswell as a dropper without an offset I'm going to bang a 40mm stem on and see what happens.

I've got the same two bikes. My Enduro is 2103/14 model though and both of them in XL.
Wheelbase is very close on both, haven't measured them but side by side it's pretty damn close.
Scout looks a lot longer in the front end and a little more raked out with a 150mm fork. I prefer it with the 150 instead of 140. Can get a little wandery on climbs though, particularly if you sit back a little. Good wheelie machine(if I was good at wheelies) for the wheelies I can do.:nod:
But they feel similar in reach. I'm 6'3" with longish arms and both bikes have 50mm stems and 750mm bars. I find that the BB on both of these bikes is low, am always smacking pedals on climbs and sometimes even on flat sections, Scout is slightly better now with a 150mm fork but still need to time pedal strokes.
It's a good combo of bikes though, very different but both go hard.

Mr_hANky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have come to terms with the fact that the frame is just to big for me at 5'10. Tried afew different things to try and make it fit but just cant get super comfy on it. Frame will be for sale soon to make way for the replacement.

Stinky

Likes Dirt
I have just built up a 2018 29er. Went for the small and at 173cm, it would not want to be any longer in the reach. Running a 50mm stem and reverb post, I have had to cut the bars down a few mm to not feel too stretched out. Having said that, I am loving it. Super stiff in the rear, but DVOs set to 130 up front make it a heap of fun.