Number plate on bike rack

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
All this chat got me thinking... just ordered a bike plate for my new 4wd from ezyreg.sa.

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I had a mate booked for leaving the empty rack on his 4by doing shuttles. And we had a Scout ride and when we got to the park in Redcliffe the local boys were going through all the bikes there, $40 for no bell! I had made the Scout night the week before a bike maintenance night. Gav at Ashgrove cycles looked after me with bells and bits and we were all legal but I reckon there were 20+ fines handed out that day.
in victoria this law just got removed.
  • And now for some comic relief: it’s no longer illegal to have an empty bike rack on the back of your car.
    Believe it or not, until the 1st of July this year it was illegal to have a bike rack/carrier fitted to your car if it didn’t have a bike on it. The thinking was it could be a hazard as it stuck out from the rear of the car, but now we can all breathe a sigh of relief and get on with our lives.
https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/safety-and-road-rules/road-rules/recent-changes-to-road-rules

scblack

Leucocholic
in victoria this law just got removed.
  • And now for some comic relief: it’s no longer illegal to have an empty bike rack on the back of your car.
    Believe it or not, until the 1st of July this year it was illegal to have a bike rack/carrier fitted to your car if it didn’t have a bike on it. The thinking was it could be a hazard as it stuck out from the rear of the car, but now we can all breathe a sigh of relief and get on with our lives.
https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/safety-and-road-rules/road-rules/recent-changes-to-road-rules
Do we know the status of this law in NSW?

stirk

Burner
Do we know the status of this law in NSW?
By this line in RMS vehicle standards for carrying bicycles I assume it's ok if the rack is empty. It'd be surprising if anyone was fined for it.

Penalties may apply if:
• The bicycle rack, with or without bicycle/s, creates a dangerous protrusion to either side or to the rear of the vehicle

There is some silly law about riding furiously and recklessly. What is furious riding??

96A Negligent, furious or reckless bicycle riding
(1) A person must not ride a bicycle negligently on a road.
Maximum penalty: 20 penalty units.
(2) A person must not ride a bicycle furiously or recklessly on a road.
Maximum penalty: 20 penalty units

scblack

Leucocholic
By this line in RMS vehicle standards for carrying bicycles I assume it's ok if the rack is empty. It'd be surprising if anyone was fined for it.

Penalties may apply if:
• The bicycle rack, with or without bicycle/s, creates a dangerous protrusion to either side or to the rear of the vehicle

There is some silly law about riding furiously and recklessly. What is furious riding??

96A Negligent, furious or reckless bicycle riding
(1) A person must not ride a bicycle negligently on a road.
Maximum penalty: 20 penalty units.
(2) A person must not ride a bicycle furiously or recklessly on a road.
Maximum penalty: 20 penalty units
I have read of a guy being booked for furious riding, simply for going flat out sprinting. Yep just for high speed for a cyclist. I gather they can interpret that word as being anything beyond medium speed, may depend upon circumstance, or the asshole booking you.

stirk

Burner
I have read of a guy being booked for furious riding, simply for going flat out sprinting. Yep just for high speed for a cyclist. I gather they can interpret that word as being anything beyond medium speed, may depend upon circumstance, or the asshole booking you.
Really!? Likely just an arsehole in the mix.

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
$78! Jesus fucking Christ! $15 for bike rack plate in vicco.

Auxiliary plate? Are you sure there’s not a bike rack plate option in Qld?
I've had to purchase 2 of these, first one suffered from a case of wanting to run free with the buffalo & shitty attachment. Curiously, the second one was only $28.31 (both Qld Plates). I can't remember the first one, but a mate was on the same website, purchasing the same type of plate for his car 1 hour later and it wanted to charge him $78. Go figure.

Qld: The smrt state.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I
I've had to purchase 2 of these, first one suffered from a case of wanting to run free with the buffalo & shitty attachment. Curiously, the second one was only $28.31 (both Qld Plates). I can't remember the first one, but a mate was on the same website, purchasing the same type of plate for his car 1 hour later and it wanted to charge him $78. Go figure.

Qld: The smrt state.
I couldn't see any other way to do it. I rang the Queensland Govt Agent in town and they gave the same price. Fuck it, it's not worth trying to skirt it with the fines etc. I ended up just getting one.

John U

MTB Precision
Purchased rack with an attachment which bolts to the rack. Plate bolts onto this. Has led brake, lights, and indicators as well. Great bit of kit.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
ISI do a number plate attachment, was thrown in free when I got min 5-6 years back, don't know if its included now.