Number plate on bike rack

Flow-Rider

Burner
Just buy an old sing
I just love it. Nothing like pure money making.
Welcome to QLD, cheap housing but they sting you everywhere else. Just read in the RACQ journal that they're going to put the rego up 3% annually for the next few years. I can't even get the local council to mow my footpath as they tell me it's not a priority.

moorey

call me Mia
My 9yo daughter drew ours (badly) and I laminated it. Never been hassled about it, even when followed by cops.

SlowManiac

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Here in NSW I got booked for not having the plate ($378 and 3 demerit points %&@**?!!!!) and the cop made me take off the standard plate and attach it to the rack.

Man I was pissed that day.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Most trails in Brissy are really close to the CBD so you get a lot of holiday check points to go through and generally the city cops live up to their generalisation. They had a raid on one of the mountains here for roadies speeding and a mountain biker crossed a double white line where a trail crosses the road and they booked him.

Last edited:

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Here in NSW I got booked for not having the plate ($378 and 3 demerit points %&@**?!!!!) and the cop made me take off the standard plate and attach it to the rack.

Fuuuucccckkk. Yeah I read it was huge. I'd be happy to take my car plate on and off between the car and the rack but you can't do that here...

PJO

in me vL comy
Tas looks cheap compared to some other states...
$159.00 fine for obscuring number plate.
$17.82 cost of bike rack number plate.

safreek

Most trails in Brissy are really close to the CBD so you get a lot of holiday check points to go through and generally the city cops live up to their generalisation. They had a raid on one of the mountains here for roadies speeding and a mountain biker crossed a double white line where a trail crosses the road and they booked him.
Now that copper really is s fuck head, true qld pig

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I took of photo of my reg plate, pasted into word, resized and printed off in color, put through laminator, looks better than bought one, happy days.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I had a mate booked for leaving the empty rack on his 4by doing shuttles. And we had a Scout ride and when we got to the park in Redcliffe the local boys were going through all the bikes there, $40 for no bell! I had made the Scout night the week before a bike maintenance night. Gav at Ashgrove cycles looked after me with bells and bits and we were all legal but I reckon there were 20+ fines handed out that day.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I had a mate booked for leaving the empty rack on his 4by doing shuttles. And we had a Scout ride and when we got to the park in Redcliffe the local boys were going through all the bikes there, $40 for no bell! I had made the Scout night the week before a bike maintenance night. Gav at Ashgrove cycles looked after me with bells and bits and we were all legal but I reckon there were 20+ fines handed out that day.
That's a bummer and a half, they were pinging people for bells on the Corro drive bike path for a while about 2 year ago.

DMan

That sucks on just so many levels!

DMan

I took of photo of my reg plate, pasted into word, resized and printed off in color, put through laminator, looks better than bought one, happy days.
Yeah, I've done that at the mo. Just not sure if I'm brave enough to give try my luck. In another state maybe. The thing is I have no issues buying a plate. I just think it's fucked that's it's 2X what every other state pays!

gcouyant

Farkin Advertiser
I had a mate booked for leaving the empty rack on his 4by doing shuttles.
That's a tough one to cop Michael particularly since an empty bike rack on the back of the car is legal now. There is a push within the various state regulatory bodies to make exceptions for sporting equipment and empty bike racks is one of many we'll see being rolled out.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
This was maybe 5 years ago. Didnt realise it was now legal. Not much you can do if you have a car full and dropping off at one end and picking up t'other.

PS: he may well have failed the attitude test and that was his punishment.

gcouyant

Farkin Advertiser

Not as pissed as someone else I know. A printed licence plate on the back so she scored the same fine as yours for obscuring the authorised plate *plus* $600 for displaying a non-authorised plate - bonus. A $1k outing thank you very much.