Nutrition - u r what u eat

schmook

Likes Dirt
So what do you eat?
are you one of those people fearfull of carbs?
are you a maccas addict?
Do you like the gourmet stuff or you don't know what an artichoke is?
3 veg and meat?

well i'd be wrong if i said i was a vegetarian... I don't feel right chowing down on all that meat all the time, and I get a bit tubby if I do. So I eat mostly vegie, but I had a big piece of swordfish the other day, yum. I felt tired and i had a zit, so i gave in. probably not very ecologically sound act because fish stocks are low....
and porridge is so wonderful. i feel the difference when i eat porridge with honey for breakfast than toast or nutri grain. I have more stamina with porridge, ride longer and harder...low gli foods do it for me, red bull adn stuff like that give me 20 mins high voltage then i crash... i know its not trendy to love porridge...

i like my food and pisses me off when Im with friends who are paranoid about carbs, dairy etc. I only forgive them if they are allergic to a particular food group or dont eat it for moral reason. Someone who anal about food is just usually anal fullstop

good websites for those interested in their nutrition

www.pcrm.org
interesting for vegies or almost vegetarians like me
and
http://www.cbel.com/nutrition/

485 links, so i suppose that almost covers everything.

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
i eat a great deal of meat.. in fact... every meal of my average day has meat in it.

josh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Pana said:
i eat a great deal of meat.. in fact... every meal of my average day has meat in it.
and dont think his joking!

I think that whole mad cow disease was a falicy cause if there ever was such a thing, scott would definetely be a mad cow by now

Adi

It's my birthday!
moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

P.S. My mum is a good cook, so i dont have to worry bout what I eat :p

schmook

Likes Dirt
one bovine spongiform encephalopathy burger coming up!

want fries with that?

when I was a little girl at christmas i would pile most of my plate with turkey and the other side of the plate with cranberry sauce.
once i went to a friends house and her mum served us up pork chops with apple sauce for dinner. it was 7th heaven and the first time i had eaten pork. my mother is like this totally non-obervant jewish person and my dads father was a pig father so pigs were not cooked often at our house.
i had the biggest tummy ache afterwards and whatever pork ive eaten since then was by accident.

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Beer and pretzels......food of champions !!

I'm pretty open about what i eat. I'll eat pretty much anything. I eat meat in just about every single meal i have(unless i'm snacking on toast or somthing). I love Maccas but i also concider myself to be a pretty good cook and do like to eat healthy food. Artichokes are nice in the right dish, i actually like em on pizza alot lately.

So, in summing up, i'll pretty much eat anything as long as it comes with a cold VB.

Turley

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have cereal and toast for breakfast, Lunch is usually last nights dinner leftovers, and Dinner is what ever is made :) I realy don't like eating maccas and junk food, and there is nothing like a good sushi roll! mmmm :)

DOM

Eats Squid
Yeah ..

I basically live by this rule.

Cereal - or Carbs in the mornning .. Sandwich with Salad and Ham or meat with Lunch - Light Carbs .. then at Night ill try to lower the carbs and eat sheet like .. Chicken and Salad .. StEAK and Salad .. or Stirfry. If im going to have Pasta .. ill do half pasta half salad or veges ..

Im a lazy ass on chair all week IT worker .. so during the week ill try to lower the carbs cause im not really exercisiing .. on the weekend when i ride .. Im kinda easy on what im eating cause i know the next day ill hopefully burn most of it off .. lugging my shit up Blackstone.

Im alot more into Nutrition now then then previous years .. coming out of School .. I was wayy out of Shape .. eating wrong .. drinking too much .. unfit as hell.

So ive taken a bit more interest into what i eat .. and ive found my riding has improved heaps with some more fitness .. and upper body strength.

Tip though ...Ty can vouch for this

Stay away from the Servo Sandwiches .. they look dodgey ..they havent done me wrong yet .. but someone will Die soon.

schmook

Likes Dirt
i got so sick driving across the nullabor a couple of years back.
the food was expensive, mysterious and bad. i got zits. i felt slimey.
all the truckies i saw were obese. and those weird things you pop into the microwave yourself? the more you eat of servo food, the more you want and yr craving it all the time. i was still eating those self serve hot dogs a month after i got back into perth, they were like fairy floss. and i needed them, with tomato sauce and mustard.

i agree about yr theory of eating less carbs at night. works for you, works for me. you dont need all that energy unless your going to have an exciting night in bed i guess.

ive only been taking notice the last couple of years or so myself. before that i ate whatever, or even for a while in high school got paranoid and followed bad advice from the other girls because i didnt want to be fat (you wouldnt beleive how fucked up some of those girls ate, or didnt eat) and after a couple of years on antidepressants for depression it occured to me "oh maybe its diet and exercise..."

i think nutrition is pretty interesting, id like to learn more. im thinking about going back to uni...maybe ive found my calling.
if you have read the thread about jobs you can roll your eyes now.

hmmmm

DOM

Eats Squid
Haha , yeah ive thought about doing a Nutrition course myself ..
At the moment ive just been reading .. only Australian medical info though .. alot of info you ready is dodgey .. hollywood crap.

It's interesting stuff.
how your body handles food.

There is alot about different foods people dont know about aswell .. like for example .. those 99% fat free Noodle dinner things .. sure they have hardly any fat ... but if you check out the Sodium levels .. holy shit .. if one of those puppies you almost had enough Sodium to last you 2 days ..

schmook

Likes Dirt
a lot of literature i've come across is preachy too.
you got hold back not to get carried away with the emotion about it.

perfor8r

Likes Dirt
There's one book that i found that isn't too preachy and it's filled with good nutrition strategies for sports.

"Peak Performance"
Training and nutritional strategies for sport
John Hawley and Louise Burke

check it out!

wombat

Lives in a hole
I just try and heat as healthy as possible, plenty of fuit and vegies and good soild meals. I have a bit of junk food here and there but I try and keep it in check. I don't analize my food, I'm really not that fussed about how many carbs are in my apple. The only time I do pay attention is after I do a weights session, protein and carbs are very important for recovery, especially if you're trying to put on weight.

One thing I make sure of is drinking water: 3L minimum for me each day, if I'm riding or exercising alot, or if it's hot, I'll have 6L or more. And yes, before you ask, I do piss a lot.