Obligatory new bike thread

Minlak

custom titis
Help - random discussion rambling
New bike time was thinking Transition Spur but no stock until October then already limited stock and I dont want to wait so;

I ride XC and Trail by accident - Old Bike Transition Smuggler and currently ride Norco Torrent
Thoughts please on
Ibis Ripley 4
Yeti Sb 115
plzthx

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Tough choice. As an owner of a turqoiuse poser and maligned bin chicken I think they're both sensational platforms. I was eyeing off a Ripley 4 last year but ultimately the sizing felt a bit too small, so I'd choose an SB115 and ignore the jibes of how it'll break in 15 minutes (it won't - they've significantly improved the SI linkage over the somewhat problematic SB100).

In all honesty though..... I'd probably hold out for a Spur. Even if it's 4 months away. They just look all kinds of rad.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Tough choice. As an owner of a turqoiuse poser and maligned bin chicken I think they're both sensational platforms. I was eyeing off a Ripley 4 last year but ultimately the sizing felt a bit too small, so I'd choose an SB115 and ignore the jibes of how it'll break in 15 minutes (it won't - they've significantly improved the SI linkage over the somewhat problematic SB100).

In all honesty though..... I'd probably hold out for a Spur. Even if it's 4 months away. They just look all kinds of rad.
I thought they were using the same front triangle as the SB100 but with a different shock and linkage (therefore same potential issues)?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Transition Spur,
Revel Ranger,
Forbidden Druid,
GG Trail Pistol sl,
Orbea Occam,
SC Tallboy
Banshee Phantom,
Spot Ryve
Norco Revolver etc etc etc.

So many good options to park your money in this space. Why pay a premium for a brand that has a history of releasing bikes that has high failure rates like Yeti? The sb100 is onto its 4th iteration of the switch link and instead of sqeaks the rear flexes so much it's hitting peoples feet. Bravo!

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Transition Spur,
Revel Ranger,
Forbidden Druid,
GG Trail Pistol sl,
Orbea Occam,
SC Tallboy
Banshee Phantom,
Spot Ryve
Norco Revolver etc etc etc.

So many good options to park your money in this space. Why pay a premium for a brand that has a history of releasing bikes that has high failure rates like Yeti? The sb100 is onto its 4th iteration of the switch link and instead of sqeaks the rear flexes so much it's hitting peoples feet. Bravo!

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
The Orbea would be top of my list just for how it looks.
Banshee, because Banshee.
Revel also looks the goods.

As stated, you're spoilt for choice, and all the cool kids will want to know you.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Kona Hei Hei is worth a look too.
I think a lot of the bikes suggested are short travel 'Trail' bikes, so be mindful of what you want from it.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Told you to email the distro man!
If you can’t get ya mits on a spur go for the revel I reckon.
Similiar travel, and you can pickup some waffles while your there.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I think a lot of the bikes suggested are short travel 'Trail' bikes, so be mindful of what you want from it.
This is a good point. I've got the Ripley and it's definitely more trail than pure XC in my opinion. Same goes for basically everything listed so far.

@Minlak are you after that kind of 'fun' xc bike or something that will be better on longer distance fire trail and simple ST rides?

Minlak

custom titis
This is a good point. I've got the Ripley and it's definitely more trail than pure XC in my opinion. Same goes for basically everything listed so far.

@Minlak are you after that kind of 'fun' xc bike or something that will be better on longer distance fire trail and simple ST rides?
Yeah pretty much this - but I also love the torrent to ride so was thinking anything up to 140mm travel - I won’t be the guys jumping and Bombing down huge decents and won’t be the guy going up the fastest either

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Summit Cycles are getting rid of their Devinci Django frames at a (relatively) low price.
120mm and lots of fun, you can overspec it like I have to make it a damn capable 'trail' bike or set it up to be more of an XC/all-dayer

xero

Supersports
Yeah pretty much this - but I also love the torrent to ride so was thinking anything up to 140mm travel - I won’t be the guys jumping and Bombing down huge decents and won’t be the guy going up the fastest either
The other bike I will throw in here is the SBG Smuggler Carbon - We have sales on a very few MY 18/19 coloways left in either complete or frame alone... 120 rear with a 140 front fork.. might just be the perfect spot for you.