Obligatory new bike thread

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Buy the yeti if you’re happy being the Beta tester.

There’s no doubt the bikes work, but I won’t be surprised when You post another thread in 12 months time looking for a new frame.

I’m all for innovation but the issue is the consumers are the testers. And as for FSR, the patent ran out so why not use it. There’s a reason so many bikes look a session and all decent front forks are telescopic.
I'm extremely confident it won't but if it does I'll be sure to spray my entitled vitriol all over this forum.
Largely disagree. Some things just work for a reason. Doing something different just to justify doubling the price...as some seem to...is shite.
Based on my extremely lazy research the price for a carbon frame is comparatively hideous regardless of where you get it from? (with exception to Guerrilla Gravity - but their prices are sans delivery to oz).
The industry is just full of brand snobs or cool-aid drinkers, they'll never understand. :p
I love bikes. It's why I'm here. And a V2 Sentinel is currently #1 for my next big boy bike. I get it - Yeti are absolutely the Ferrari of MTBs (and I don't mean that as a compliment) but behind the dickhead fanbois and broken SB6s there's some seriously good product lurking.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I love bikes. It's why I'm here. And a V2 Sentinel is currently #1 for my next big boy bike. I get it - Yeti are absolutely the Ferrari of MTBs (and I don't mean that as a compliment) but behind the dickhead fanbois and broken SB6s there's some seriously good product lurking.
If you like a bike design, just buy it is my opinion, I've always bought GT's for most of my flock for their innovative thoughts and I'm happy riding them, but even they were lazy last year and copied a suspension design, for me riding skills and enjoyment speaks louder than the bike you ride. I can't stand bike snobs on group rides, especially when they hold up better riders behind them because they think that their bike should give them super powers.

Minlak

custom titis
Me too - well more likely a Prime to go with my Smuggler.

@Minlak what did you dislike about the Smuggler to move on from it? Or just new bike time? The Spur seems like it tightens up on that concept, but makes it lighter/ more playful and a better day-in-the-saddle platform?
I don’t hate the smuggler at all in fact quite the opposite - most of it was overheard some one talking at the trail head about looking for bikes and me selling him my bike :) - I had seen the spur and went gotta have so selling was in the back of my mind already - then with the delay in stock I just started to think it’s time for a change completely and started looking further afield. - I mean I even seriously considered the carbon smuggler

moorey

call me Mia
If you like a bike design, just buy it is my opinion, I've always bought GT's for most of my flock for their innovative thoughts and I'm happy riding them, but even they were lazy last year and copied a suspension design, for me riding skills and enjoyment speaks louder than the bike you ride. I can't stand bike snobs on group rides, especially when they hold up better riders behind them because they think that their bike should give them super powers.
I’ve haaaaaated everything GT has done for the previous 15+ years. Best thing they did was abandon their design and copy a proven design. They haven’t been innovative for a very long time. At least the bikes seem to work now. God, I hate that you’ve made me defend GT :mad::p

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I don’t hate the smuggler at all in fact quite the opposite - most of it was overheard some one talking at the trail head about looking for bikes and me selling him my bike :) - I had seen the spur and went gotta have so selling was in the back of my mind already - then with the delay in stock I just started to think it’s time for a change completely and started looking further afield. - I mean I even seriously considered the carbon smuggler
aaaaaannnnnddd ..... what have your ordered?

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Why has nobody yet suggested the Norco Revolver FS 120?
They look great
Same travel as the Spur with similar geometry (longer but a degree steeper in the HT - could probably slacken with headset or offset bushing wizardry), more rear travel than the Ranger (Also slacker) and not an unobtanium brand

moorey

call me Mia
Have they followed the weight pattern of the new sight/range? Not sure I’d like a 15kg XC bike.

Last edited:

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
I'm extremely confident it won't but if it does I'll be sure to spray my entitled vitriol all over this forum.

Based on my extremely lazy research the price for a carbon frame is comparatively hideous regardless of where you get it from? (with exception to Guerrilla Gravity - but their prices are sans delivery to oz).

I was actually referring to if Minlak bought a new yeti. But I’ll bask in your vitriol when it sprays around here.
Carbon frames are expensive but why would you buy something that has a poor history when you could just get a santacruz? It’s being different for the sake of being different. (Unless you really want to go to the yeti gatherings) or maybe you just like the bike.
But don’t go pulling this face when the switch infinity shits itself and you find the back wheel flex.

Yetis are not Ferrari’s. Alfa Romeo at best.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I’ve haaaaaated everything GT has done for the previous 15+ years. Best thing they did was abandon their design and copy a proven design. They haven’t been innovative for a very long time. At least the bikes seem to work now. God, I hate that you’ve made me defend GT :mad::p
I'm pretty sure they were one of the first brands to go out on a limb and sell slack head angles compared to other bikes sold in their era.

moorey

call me Mia
I'm pretty sure they were one of the first brands to go out on a limb and sell slack head angles compared to other bikes sold in their era.
Like I said....a looooong. The original iDrive was fragile...but pedaled well for the time. Their old DH bikes should have been nuked from orbit.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Why has nobody yet suggested the Norco Revolver FS 120?
They look great
Same travel as the Spur with similar geometry (longer but a degree steeper in the HT - could probably slacken with headset or offset bushing wizardry), more rear travel than the Ranger (Also slacker) and not an unobtanium brand
Ever ridden one?
The very definition of a wet noodle

moorey

call me Mia
Revolver has always pure XC. Not sure even 12kg is going to appeal to XC whippets...and the geo was never ‘trail’