Obligatory "new place, new face"

Roy Turner

Likes Bikes
Hi burners,

I find myself in a bit of a bind. I've made my way south and taken up residence in Lilydale. After a bit of searching and scouring the net, I'm looking to expand my minimal group if trail mates into something a little more substantial.

I've been trying to make the rounds on shuttle days at kinglake and a few other spots (missed out on KOB with work) but not having a lot of luck. Anyone keen on pointing me in the right direction of people, places or pages to make a few waves?

I'm not half bad with a shovel, mattock and rake if someone needs a pair of hands to get trails up to scratch and happy to bribe my way in with beers if there is a price to pay!

Cheers, and happy trails.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Yo Roy,

Are you primarily into DH? Basing off Kinglake and KOB mentions!

If so, the Vic DH race series starts soon(ish), which is always good to chat to other riders and event staff and whatnot.
There's usually a decent mix of age groups around too.

There's also a build day at the DH track in Narbethong on (I think) August 20th to get things up to scratch before the race event there, and we can always use more hands getting the Warburton DH tracks back up and running!

There's regular shuttle days out at You Yangs too (usually at least once a month), even if it's a decent hike from Lilydale!

As for riding, and, uh, riders... myself, and the guys I ride with are always happy to have a ride with some new blood (we're mostly between say, 30 and 40 with a few exceptions, if that makes any difference)... and I'm sure there's a number of guys around here who wouldn't mind going for a pedal, or... not pedal, if it's primarily DH. :preggers:

Guess it depends on what kind of waves you're looking to make!

Roy Turner

Likes Bikes
Yo Roy,

Are you primarily into DH? Basing off Kinglake and KOB mentions!

If so, the Vic DH race series starts soon(ish), which is always good to chat to other riders and event staff and whatnot.
There's usually a decent mix of age groups around too.

There's also a build day at the DH track in Narbethong on (I think) August 20th to get things up to scratch before the race event there, and we can always use more hands getting the Warburton DH tracks back up and running!

There's regular shuttle days out at You Yangs too (usually at least once a month), even if it's a decent hike from Lilydale!

As for riding, and, uh, riders... myself, and the guys I ride with are always happy to have a ride with some new blood (we're mostly between say, 30 and 40 with a few exceptions, if that makes any difference)... and I'm sure there's a number of guys around here who wouldn't mind going for a pedal, or... not pedal, if it's primarily DH. :preggers:

Guess it depends on what kind of waves you're looking to make!
Hey Ezkaton,

Yeah its primarily at the moment, trail/enduro is on the cards for the next edition but thats a little while away yet. Anything that points me down a hill is a trail of choice.

I've been thinking about joining the VDHS, its a good option to kind of force myself to work on my riding and such and meet some new people. Seems like the best way to get into the scene!

I wouldn't mind coming along to some build days to help out and do my part. Half of my time back home was spent building just to make sure we had a good place to ride, so I wouldn't mind gettinf involved in doing some of that down here as well. Is it just a matter of show up on the day or is there groups to join and forms to sign etc? Would love to get to warby and narbethong.

I just missed out on youies with having to move house soon but ill be getting over there next time for sure, it looks like a heap of fun. If you and your mates ever head out and dont mind someone else tagging along id appreciate a heads up!

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Yeah man, I'll chuck ya a PM later on about linking up for a ride. I'm going away for the first half of Sept and might not have a lot of ride time between now and then, but definitely happy for other riders to get in the mix!

As for digging, as far as I know it's just rock up and help out. Might be something to name/date/sign to say you're there (I've never dug with FTFDH before so I dunno how they operate), otherwise it's just bring along basic tools and get dirty!

Can always PM Fat Tyre Flyers on BookFace for more info!