VIC Odyssey - Forrest

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Giant Odyssey - Saturday 21st March 2015, anyone on here doing it?

Seems numbers are down on last year.

kbekus

Likes Dirt

I plan to do the 50 but will book in the week prior if there are spots available - being a fair weather rider and all that...

Coaster

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Not after the number of hours I've seen you training for it mate! You'll be back in Melb having a beer by the time I'm finished.

Not sure yet, haven't done it since the course change and maybe due for an revisit. Will try to build up training and see how I stand.

Nath8

Likes Dirt
you think its a bad idea?
Don't listen to them!
I've done it on both the old course and the new course. You'll be fine. When your getting a little tired/sore, the best pick me up, is somebody seeing you on your rigid SS and being in awe of you :thumb:

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
you think its a bad idea?
of course not, ... mate did otway a few years back on rigid problem was he didn't do any training on it so elbow pain for months after.

forrest is perfect for a rigid, just got to be conditioned for the 100ks.

softek

Likes Dirt
I'm hoping my testicles get bigger if I rode the oo fully rigid, you been training hard I see. Look forward to it mate!!!

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Finally got my titanium frame through so I'll be building that bad boy up when I get home. It's my first ever build. I've been offshore/overseas/offshore since the start of January and I've got an exam shortly after I get back so I've got just over a week to build her up (barring any distractions like the Grand Prix).
Might as well make the Odyssey the test ride. What's the worst that could happen?

Pastavore

Eats Squid
Finally got my titanium frame through so I'll be building that bad boy up when I get home. It's my first ever build. I've been offshore/overseas/offshore since the start of January and I've got an exam shortly after I get back so I've got just over a week to build her up (barring any distractions like the Grand Prix).
Might as well make the Odyssey the test ride. What's the worst that could happen?
Which distance POSM? That will help define "worst".

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Which distance POSM? That will help define "worst".
Just the 50km.

TBH I'm not too fussed about being fit enough for it. Whilst I might not be able to get any riding in at the moment, being offshore keeps me out of the pub, has me eating healthily and hitting the gym every night.

My mechanical skills on the other hand...

Pastavore

Eats Squid
Just the 50km.

TBH I'm not too fussed about being fit enough for it. Whilst I might not be able to get any riding in at the moment, being offshore keeps me out of the pub, has me eating healthily and hitting the gym every night.

My mechanical skills on the other hand...
Cool, I'll race ya!

And if you die, I'll pick up a sweet titanium frame from the edge of the track.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Nice one although I'm not sure about this 'racing' lark. Seems like a sure-fire way to break a limb which isn't advisable in my case as I do a physical job and I don't get sick pay.

I'm just going to fuck around and have a bit of fun.

Pastavore

Eats Squid
Less than 2 weeks!

I haven't raced my bike in months. Really looking forward to it. I believe the young people refer to the state I find myself in as "frothin'"

Camo, if you find yourself reading this, pay close attention to the use of punctuation, particularly the quotation marks around the vernacular.