Off Road Bikes Online (ORBO)

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Hey all,
I realised I hadnt shared this post, we now have full Revel Bike builds available for the Australian Market. There are three levels - SLX, XT and Pro, for the Ranger (landing in country asap), Rascal and Rail. Full details here:
https://offroadbikesonline.com.au/blogs/news/revel-bikes-australian-build-options

And because I know you are all Shimano nerds, this is just for you:
https://offroadbikesonline.com.au/blogs/news/revel-bikes-with-shimano-drivetrain

Thanks bike industry standards!
@Minlak, point your itchy trigger finger this way...

russthedog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
More announcements!

https://offroadbikesonline.com.au/blogs/news/onyx-racing-products-hubs-available-in-australia

We are pumped to announce that Off Road Bikes Online (ORBO) is now bringing Onyx to Australia. For those that dont know, Onyx racing hub have instant hub engagement. The patented dual sprag clutch mechanism provides instant clutch engagement during your power stroke and instant disengagement when coasting. The hub is totally silent before, during and after clutch engagement; a truly silent hub. Put this on your Revel Bike!

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
More announcements!

https://offroadbikesonline.com.au/blogs/news/onyx-racing-products-hubs-available-in-australia

We are pumped to announce that Off Road Bikes Online (ORBO) is now bringing Onyx to Australia. For those that dont know, Onyx racing hub have instant hub engagement. The patented dual sprag clutch mechanism provides instant clutch engagement during your power stroke and instant disengagement when coasting. The hub is totally silent before, during and after clutch engagement; a truly silent hub. Put this on your Revel Bike!
View attachment 364917
You guys are building a really great roster of brands. I’m not ready for my next wheel build yet but these will be tempting when i am

russthedog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Will you be doing wheel builds with the Onyx hubs @russthedog?

And any idea on pricing just yet?
no wheel builds yet - in time its likely though.

Pricing is on the site - contact us if you want any more info or different items.

You guys are building a really great roster of brands. I’m not ready for my next wheel build yet but these will be tempting when i am
Thanks Yuley - we take a lot of time to deliberate on each addition to the store. Got a few more in the pipe, but itll take time

Ackland

chats d'élevage
I note that burn times aren't quoted.
These lights sit in a similar price point to some other very big names

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
I note that burn times aren't quoted.
These lights sit in a similar price point to some other very big names
There's a few things ORBO could add to their site to help sell them, but in their defence, the run times aren't easy to find on the Gloworm site either, unless you know where to look, and even then it's a Dropbox link.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
That's the one, there's just no mention of the remote on your site :)

They are great lights. I would have thought the Alpha is the best entry point in their range. If the Alphas are not bright enough you really need to go to specs savers.
I agree, the Alphas are a fantastic small form light and plenty bright, I've had mine on my bars for a couple of years now and combined with a small light on my helmet the combo is enough.

But I'm building a 24hr race set, so the Alphas are going to be mounted to my helmet. The XSV set will be on the bars, set at the same output as the Alphas, for a 6 hour (claimed) run time.

I'll need a couple more batteries to get the total run I'll need, but I'm stuck in Vic so there's no rush for that.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
MOD NOTE: I've moved conversation that's drifted into lights and 24hr racing into the Lights thread:

SDA

Likes Dirt
More announcements!

View attachment 364917
Would I feel pedal kickback more because of the instant engagement?

russthedog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Would I feel pedal kickback more because of the instant engagement?
definitely possible depending on how much kickback your bike has - most riders have said that they cant really notice it, and believe the benefits of instant engagement are large enough to make it worthwhile

Reactions: SDA

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I don't own a sprag clutch hub, but have read a bit about them (might want one for a future project). Some people do suggest because the engagement is instant but "softer" (ie: no free-spin then sudden thunk as it engages), they can be a bit easier to live with on bikes with a lot of kick-back than a high-POE pawl/ratchet type hub. YMMV though as is depends how much pedal kick-back plays on your mind...

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
@russthedog - I see you have Onyx's new Vesper hubs on the website, but wondered is it possible to get Classic or single-speed hubs ordered if desired? I might be chasing a new rear hub soon(ish).