Official 2010 Snow Season

trouble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's early I know, but figured why not start bantering about planned trips, news with the Olympics and Whistler's failure of a snow season. Anyone racing? Who does what, both board or ski. Anyone going or working for a season, any one with experience?

stringbean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i'll be landing in japan in a weeks time for a week on the snow at hakuba, scored some cheap flights with jetstar so figured why not. wish i could go for a bit longer but thats gonna have to wait untill i finish my apprenticeship.

Ek155

Likes Dirt
Whistler's failure of a snow season.
wrong.

http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/weather/snowreport/index.htm

1099cm total accumulation and they are about half way (alright, a bit more hah) through their season...

its vancouvers failure of a ski season - cypress etc.

anyway, planning on buying myself a thredbo season pass - figured i'll be going down more than the 10-15 days it equals out to be :)

also very keen to check out a vic resort, best recommendations??

jimmy_22

Likes Dirt
cypress dont have any snow.

ill be snowboarding at buller and falls creek this year, im a rail rat myself. but wouldnt mind entering a boarder x comp or two this year. after watching te olympics and as of the end of last year im the fastest in boarder x on a mountainboard (like a big skateboard with tyres for dirt) in australia

bitterbro

Likes Dirt
Just joined the Ski club at Uni and will be doing Uni games this year in Buller (i think)

Probably going to compete in GS, super G, slopestyle, moguls and ski cross. should be so fun

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
Will definitely be hitting up Thredbo at least one weekend in June/July, then heading over to NZ for two weeks in August. Then hopefully somewhere in Canada in December/January. Bring on snow.

S.

ex offender
...Whistler's failure of a snow season.
Whistler currently has a 290cm base, had the snowiest month EVER on record in November, and is getting dumped on regularly, they've had eleven metres of snowfall this season. How you'd call that a failure is beyond me. The rest of BC is getting shit all though (incl Revelstoke which is where I am).

jimmy_22

Likes Dirt
Anyone heard how tahoes doing for snow this year?? Might be heading there at the end of this year depending how mu funds go. Bitter bro, what uni you at?? If there's slopestyle at the uni games I think I mght have to go lol

niki125

Likes Dirt
Hotham is definately the pick of the Vic resorts. Falls is still good although all the runs over the back are really short, front valley still has some good stuff off to the sides. Buller is only good if everything is running and even then it's worth the extra drive.

pin'd_it

Likes Dirt
Pretty certain i'll be heading down to Perisher (& Blue Cow/Guthega) for a week during June/July to get some boarding in. Should be good fun.

What are everyones favourite runs? Perhaps mention what resort its at too.

For me, I think RollerCoaster and Exxcellerator at Blue Cow because they seem to have the balance just right. Nothing too hard, Nothing too easy. Just a chilled run that doesn't have you on edge/getting sketchy the entire way down, but requires you to concentrate a little to keep it smooth.

For those that have skiied Guthega, what are your opinions of Parachute (the half FIS downhill run...or so i have been told). I had possibly the best run of my life there last year, but that was really the only time i enjoyed it.

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
anyone got the hookups with employers in falls? trying to get in on some job action at falls this year for both me and my gf. both of us experienced hospitality workers, can do pretty much anything in a hotel (from waiting tables to barstaff to barista to housekeeping. keen to work hard for not much money as long as we get there!!)

if that fails will be spending a grosse amount of time in perisher

Kizzmtbr

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'll be over in NZ This year around July, Not sure how long we are skiing/boarding for exactly.

What are the best resorts to go to in NZ. We will be at both the North and South Island but from what i take the south has the better snow.
I have never been Boarding, how does it compare to skiing? Discuss.

trouble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just joined the Ski club at Uni and will be doing Uni games this year in Buller (i think)

Probably going to compete in GS, super G, slopestyle, moguls and ski cross. should be so fun
Yah, I joined the UNI club to, we have a NZ trip and then UNI games at buller. What uni mate?