Official Closure of Warrimoo (and what you can do to help)

robbie b

Likes Bikes
I went down there for a look today and there appears to be nothing happening except for some deteriation due to what I guess has been no maintenance since the fence, very sad to see, hopefully some smarter heads than mine are working On a solution, easily the funnest trail in sydney

bikesarefun

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I went down there for a look today and there appears to be nothing happening except for some deteriation due to what I guess has been no maintenance since the fence, very sad to see, hopefully some smarter heads than mine are working On a solution, easily the funnest trail in sydney

There's some work going on behind the scenes towards possibly providing an alternate site in the future, but momentum has slowed right down. A few of us lost interest in devoting advocacy time to this one after "unsupportive comments" from various riders.

robbie b

Likes Bikes
There's some work going on behind the scenes towards possibly providing an alternate site in the future, but momentum has slowed right down. A few of us lost interest in devoting advocacy time to this one after "unsupportive comments" from various riders.
oh that's pretty disappointing, well full support here, we definitely need something like warrimoo on the north shore

cabbo

Likes Dirt
7 months passes and a New Year

Well, 7 months have past, the fence and their "signage" still states what their "reality" of teaching or brainwashing and misleading the public, informing them it is a sensitive environment to be of the flora and fauna of "moderate environment impact" which would be the planet.. And bike riders are to be feared, so call blah blah blah.

So l took a wonder down and the place looks much the same, green and lush, so much for councils drought predictions of doom and gloom, blah blah death and destruction is upon this trail.. Yeah go merge with another council and you will see doom and gloom.

I am not sure but l did hear of something about the trail can't be dismantled for this will worsen or damage the environment, makes sense? I did however see some erosion that wouldn't be their if the trail was managed as it were! So yet another typical council smart solution, situation degenerates.
I did see some minon treads, this put a smile on my dial.
Yeah! Stuff em!

robbie b

Likes Bikes
long live the king

long live King Moo it's an awesome trail with lots of regular riders and should be reopened to the public to ride and for kids and newbies and me to learn how to downhill on

cabbo

Likes Dirt
Yeah, the trails in good shape, rides good, and the scrubland is thriving, considering the trail was have meant to of starved the surrounding bushland of its annual amount of watering and there for it should be showing for vast devastations of wiped out bushland. Not!

And as for the moderately endangered wildlife that was specified in the councils reports, they just get on with it, life as they have always known it and always have, breeding just like all those ferrel rabbits that are likely feeding one of those endangered critters, one that happens to be a Heath monitor ( goanna).

It's all lies made up on assumptions, all made it out of fear, it's all bullshit.

T.3

Likes Dirt
Yeah, the trails in good shape, rides good, and the scrubland is thriving, considering the trail was have meant to of starved the surrounding bushland of its annual amount of watering and there for it should be showing for vast devastations of wiped out bushland. Not!

And as for the moderately endangered wildlife that was specified in the councils reports, they just get on with it, life as they have always known it and always have, breeding just like all those ferrel rabbits that are likely feeding one of those endangered critters, one that happens to be a Heath monitor ( goanna).

It's all lies made up on assumptions, all made it out of fear, it's all bullshit.
More truth.

mxh

Likes Dirt
I've heard on the grapevine that the Moo is opening again.

Anyone know the current situation? Is it rideable?