Official kentlyn thread

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Are you heading out there on Sunday Josh???
I would like to watch you on your new track to see the line you take.
We will be out there from about 7.30 till about 11

kemmis

Likes Dirt
Are you heading out there on Sunday Josh???
I would like to watch you on your new track to see the line you take.
We will be out there from about 7.30 till about 11
I will hopefully be out on sunday but it probably wont be until the arvo. I could try and film it if you like. Trust me man, you will nail it for sure. It looks scarier from the top than it actually is. Also nice work on the jump, alot more fun than the one that was there before it.

Last edited:

djfr

Likes Dirt
just thinking out loud a bit here but i went up had look around today im liking all new stuff there but i was thinking we should ease up on the building of new tracks and concentrate on repairing/improving the tracks we already have mainly because theres few tracks out there now that half are built and dont get used and im thinkin if the council or greenies find it they wont be too happy ..

anyway in saying this i was thinking of doing some work on snakes and ladders so that you can actually use the whole track but i thought id put my plans up on here before i start anything so that people dont get the shits etc and ill wait a few weeks for peple to comment before i start

the first thing i was lookin at was moving the wallride so that its on the right and you turn to to the left so the track flows better cos thats pretty much where it ends at the moment

second major thing was finishing that ladder drop thing thats been siting there for months and in doing this i want to cut the end of it back about a metre so thats theres a bit of a gap

theres a few other bits and peices i wouldnt mind doing but nothing major anyway let me know wat you think of those plans and ill go from there but dont get too agro and whingey about about it because there only sugestions at the moment

Newts

Likes Dirt
was up there yesterday arvo doing a few runs. The new jump CraigS built is not too bad. The distance is short, but im not really launching off the jump, more 'scratching' the jump and landing the bike on the top of the downramp to get that lil extra speed.

Although if you really try, im sure you could land in one of the trees over the back of the burm, if thats your cup of tea. [end quote]

Dont worry about the trees with the new berm. If you ride like a biff you can hit the tree on the other side of the track.....I rode like a biff. The tree looks as though it was in a victorious fight

yeahyeah

Likes Dirt
Chill out josh not gonna touch your track , the track i done at the start of the year the jump to the right off crank it needs a bit of work, i was gonna put some jumps out of berms and jumping back into berms kinda like a S shape if everyone is happy for me to start it i shall start
good work with the jump craig this will push riders that dont like gaps to start hittin them more often and go even bigger...good job:)

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Dont worry about the trees with the new berm. If you ride like a biff you can hit the tree on the other side of the track.....I rode like a biff. The tree looks as though it was in a victorious fight
It was kind of funny to see Greg wrapped around the tree (he was ok). Haven't seen handlebars spun around so much before.

Chill out josh not gonna touch your track , the track i done at the start of the year the jump to the right off crank it needs a bit of work, i was gonna put some jumps out of berms and jumping back into berms kinda like a S shape if everyone is happy for me to start it i shall start
good work with the jump craig this will push riders that dont like gaps to start hittin them more often and go even bigger...good job:)
If you built the track, go ahead and do what you want. Please just be sure to do a good job on any trackwork anywhere. There are now too many half arsed tracks around out there and a few of us are looking to close some of these tracks. Let us now of any tracks you think should be closed. We're open to all opinions.
I was talking to Scotty yesterday and we are looking to put a couple more of these type of doubles along the main line down to the road gap or beyond.

Last edited:

yeahyeah

Likes Dirt
Yeah true i did start that track is everyone happy with it?
Im happy to hear ideas from the rest of you guys so just post what you think needs to be done on it.Got holidays soon so gonna try get up there over a couple of days

CraigS

Likes Dirt
hey all will anyone be out on Monday? am planning to get there around 11 and stay most of the day
Bank holiday huh:rolleyes:
I wish I could get weekdays off work. Send Newts a PM, he's got the day off too.

We are looking to do a build/ride day next Sunday morning if anyone is keen to come out to lend a hand, followed by some DH runs.

Petercass

Likes Dirt
cheers craig

yea im keen for sunday ... maybe not as early as you crazy ppl :rolleyes:

also if anyone wants to meet up on wed or thurs im keen.... kentlyn or if anyone wants me to show them menai

Newts

Likes Dirt
hey all will anyone be out on Monday? am planning to get there around 11 and stay most of the day
Took the XC out and explored the opposited side of PM. Some quality work over there. Hit out about 15km. Noticed your cars there on the way out, did not see you though, which is lucky as I walked straight up road gap and could have been hit.

As sms Shorty, will try my best to be there, but with a wedding on Saturday, I may struggle to be up.

CraigS

Likes Dirt
The big bike is up on the workstand this weekend, so I will only have the light bike to pedal around. Anyone keen for a lap of Appin on the weekend???

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Thanks CBG. I was thinking a little earlier than they will be getting there anyway. Start around 6.30am so I can spend the rest of the day with the kids.

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
WARNING new danger for riders.

Well if there wasn't enough to contend with at Kentlyn already I got a new one to add...Deer...Yep that's right, had a Deer run across the fire trail in front of me today. Couldn't believe my eyes. I've had Wallabies bound out in front of me and snakes slither across the tracks but a Deer.:eek:

I had crossed PM rd and was heading along the fire trail that goes through to Old Kent. Not far past the fire trail gate looked up and there it was bounding across the fire trail. Stopped, got off the bike said "WTF", tried to see where it had gone but by the time I travelled the 10mtrs it was well off into the scrub.

Anybody else seen Deer out that way?

Cheers,
Mike
(CBG)

yeahyeah

Likes Dirt
Deer you say id believe it,was riding out helensburgh one day and came accross a herd of em probably about 30 or so it scares the shit outta ya.
Will have to keep an eye out for them...Ive seen an echidna and a few foxes and always that crazy wallaby that jumps out from nowhere lol