Official kentlyn thread

mtboer

Likes Dirt
I think that I PM'd you, but I'm not sure it went through.
It'll be weekend after this before I'm out your way. I can post the gloves or bring then.
Just PM ed you. Thanks again.

Going up again this morning. On Wednesday I saw Moto tracks on the Bucket Climb but little damage.
And one guy walking around. That is only the 10th person I have seen walking there in over 10 years.
Hopefully looking for some lost bits of bike.
Rode Welby Mtb trail yesterday and like it lots.

NB (after ride) Trail all good.

Last edited:
My first ride back on the bike in 7 months and what better way to hit up my local - that is Kentlyn. zzzramoes and I ran in Bob yesterday just near the new addition to the Rock Trail (Rhiannon's loop?). Fantastic addition, really liked it. Bob also told us about the revamped and cleaned up trail near Waratah. Wow. I loved that sweet ridge hugging trail.

Ran out of time to head up to Yeah Yeahs, but there is some awesome loop potential out there now linking up these new runs. Kudos to the trail builders and maintainers, it was a pleasure to ride again and loved it yesterday.

Just wondering, is there a trail that links the top of the Downhill Head area to the Waratah trail other than the fire trail? Crank it to the left might head that way but is still probably a fair bit off.

mtboer

Likes Dirt
No link there yet. But with everything else running so good now that Crank It Left and then Left up to Waratah, would be a great idea.

No link there yet. But with everything else running so good now that Crank It Left and then Left up to Waratah, would be a great idea.
Yeah I reckon so too. It doesn't appear to be too far from the Crank It Left before that trail turns back down. Might be a tad climb though back up to Waratah however would be more exciting than the fire trail I'm sure. It would somewhat "complete" the mega loop/s in Kentlyn :D

Newts

Likes Dirt
My first ride back on the bike in 7 months and what better way to hit up my local - that is Kentlyn. zzzramoes and I ran in Bob yesterday just near the new addition to the Rock Trail (Rhiannon's loop?). Fantastic addition, really liked it. Bob also told us about the revamped and cleaned up trail near Waratah. Wow. I loved that sweet ridge hugging trail.

Ran out of time to head up to Yeah Yeahs, but there is some awesome loop potential out there now linking up these new runs. Kudos to the trail builders and maintainers, it was a pleasure to ride again and loved it yesterday.

Just wondering, is there a trail that links the top of the Downhill Head area to the Waratah trail other than the fire trail? Crank it to the left might head that way but is still probably a fair bit off.
Looked at doing that about 5 years ago, but more for the 8in bikes. Then slowed down riding due to the kids

Timbooo

Cannon Fodder
Yeah I reckon so too. It doesn't appear to be too far from the Crank It Left before that trail turns back down. Might be a tad climb though back up to Waratah however would be more exciting than the fire trail I'm sure. It would somewhat "complete" the mega loop/s in Kentlyn :D
I actually did the same thing last weekend. Used Crank it to join the two trails together made for a good run. A little bit of a climb up too waratah but not that bad

I actually did the same thing last weekend. Used Crank it to join the two trails together made for a good run. A little bit of a climb up too waratah but not that bad
Is there actually a trail up that way?

I actually just noticed theres a trail between Yeah Yeahs and the Powerlines area, yet to ride it. So many options out there now and with A Ridge Too Far in the mix it makes for a perfect opportunity for a big loop without running along the creek trail multiple times.

yeahyeah

Likes Dirt

I actually just noticed theres a trail between Yeah Yeahs and the Powerlines area, yet to ride it. So many options out there now and with A Ridge Too Far in the mix it makes for a perfect opportunity for a big loop without running along the creek trail multiple times.
Yeah we finished that about 6 weeks ago now mate, it definitely gets a lot of riders that's for sure

mtboer

Likes Dirt

If you use The Rock Trail, Ridge Too Far, Six Bridges & Razorback Rampage, it is a 16km loop.
No road involved is the good thing.

Yeah we finished that about 6 weeks ago now mate, it definitely gets a lot of riders that's for sure
Schweet. Definitely going to check this out. Do you just peal left instesd of taking the right trail at the start of yeah yeahs?

If you use The Rock Trail, Ridge Too Far, Six Bridges & Razorback Rampage, it is a 16km loop.
Yeah thats awesome. I used to do a few rides starting at Darling Aveune incorporating Bendi, lower track, hermut hut (before six bridges/yeah yeahs) then the Rock Trail. Great variety. Now even better with the big efforts you guys have put in. I just need to get on the bike more now.

someone keen to ride?

hey guys I'm in this area at the moment and looking for people to go riding with. just got a downhill bike so I'm keen to shuttle with a good crew. cheers

mtboer

Likes Dirt
hey guys I'm in this area at the moment and looking for people to go riding with. just got a downhill bike so I'm keen to shuttle with a good crew. cheers
If you are talking about DH at Kentlyn you can't shuttle. It is a ride up.
Most DH riders are there Sat/Sun. Or they are local and get there at different times of the week, in between work.

SuchisLife

Likes Dirt
Hey bob, is ridge too far the one with the good drop early on in the trail after the climb up the fire trail? And what is razorback rampage, clearly i have been off the bike for too long.....

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Hey bob, is ridge too far the one with the good drop early on in the trail after the climb up the fire trail? And what is razorback rampage, clearly i have been off the bike for too long.....

Yep the drop or roll shute is just 100m from Waratah and the Rampage is North of Six Bridges starting up the hill from where the Hermits Hut was or the first of the bridges.

I'm riding Sunday if that helps.

Newts

Likes Dirt
Yep the drop or roll shute is just 100m from Waratah and the Rampage is North of Six Bridges starting up the hill from where the Hermits Hut was or the first of the bridges.

I'm riding Sunday if that helps.
what time? Trying to work out plans for his weekend..

Bank holiday Monday, car is getting new brakes in Camden, Kessler is shut down.... might have to play on the updated BMX track for a few hours

mtboer

Likes Dirt
what time? Trying to work out plans for his weekend..

Bank holiday Monday, car is getting new brakes in Camden, Kessler is shut down.... might have to play on the updated BMX track for a few hours
I'll be up about 10am and riding the 16km loop.

SuchisLife

Likes Dirt
Hey bob sorry missed your reply, rode kentlyn on sunday arvo, is a real nice loop now although didnt do rock trail or ridge as fitness got the better of me.

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Hey bob sorry missed your reply, rode kentlyn on sunday arvo, is a real nice loop now although didnt do rock trail or ridge as fitness got the better of me.

It's not a psychically easy 16km but it is all fun.
Ran a lap of The Rock Trail this morning and no sitting water.
Sat for 2 minutes with a wallaby while it ate. Magic place, as you know.

Get that fitness back and ride the 16kms.
We've had a lot of traffic up there lately, but that is due to everywhere else being closed.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Had a search with my very limited skills and found nothing.

I recently moved out in the vicinity of Kentlyn, and having ridden the Rock trail a heap of times, i'm keen to take a wander around and check out everything else.

Does anyone have a GPX file for the trails out there?