Official kentlyn thread

wolf2560

Likes Dirt
so is there a ride in kentlyn on wednesday cause i will come if anyones up for it just comment me on my page or pm me:D hopfully dh riders

dan

Newts

Likes Dirt
kdh is for beginers compared to menai
Dont forget old hacks who are scarred to do the medium stuff.....
Memories of my grand father
"I remember when I was young and fearless"
That would never happen to me! It has

CraigS

Likes Dirt
maybe not complete lines ... but there are some monster rock/cliff drops out there. Wouldn't take much digging to compete with menai or hucksford ... I reckon you have more space out your way.
I think we have dug enough lines for a while. Just need to look after the tracks we have and keep the place clean. I think if we could organise a couple of trail work days where the regulars bring some tools and work on one line each time.
The difference with Menai is they have what I would consider the most dedicated builders I have seen. There is 3 or 4 guys who work on the tracks there every week working on the tracks before and sometimes even after riding. It's the only way you will get trails of that calibre.
I love riding Menai as it is just so smooth and the quality of the jumps, drops and "shore" are second to none that I have ridden.

yeahyeah

Likes Dirt
i like the way menai has signs everywhere and the little hut for all the tools we couldnt have that up there due to so many dickheads up there i think we woulod have to purchase a new shovel everytime we would go up there to maintain
that line in the video craig ,the one with the big drop ,where have all the pallets gone that were down thwe bottom? also Ando78 which one is matts line?

Last edited:

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
WOW! i seen some lines there that i ride that dont even look the same what ever happened to the see-saw?
See-saw disappeared around a year ago, replaced with just the down ramp... I never had issues with it, but it wasnt the most reliable thing in terms of coming down straight.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
I think we have dug enough lines for a while. Just need to look after the tracks we have and keep the place clean. I think if we could organise a couple of trail work days where the regulars bring some tools and work on one line each time.
The difference with Menai is they have what I would consider the most dedicated builders I have seen. There is 3 or 4 guys who work on the tracks there every week working on the tracks before and sometimes even after riding. It's the only way you will get trails of that calibre.
I love riding Menai as it is just so smooth and the quality of the jumps, drops and "shore" are second to none that I have ridden.
Yeah agree ... the menai boys are almost as busy as the DJ crew "at the place that can't be named" ... Redders.

BTW, I didn't mean cut more trails ... I meant enhance upon current ones ... anyway, apologies, easy for me to write ... I'll turn up and do some work one day I promise.:eek:

yeahyeah

Likes Dirt
hey got some metal stakes for the jump where the barrell was so we can just pile rocks and logs up against anyone going up there to build anytime soon?

mtb1611

Seymour
Dont forget old hacks who are scarred to do the medium stuff.....
Memories of my grand father
"I remember when I was young and fearless"
That would never happen to me! It has
Agreed! Parenthood, mortgage, job, the lack of ability to "bounce", sense of falibility, fading (but not yet totally vanished!) sense of invincibility.....it all adds up!

CraigS

Likes Dirt
i like the way menai has signs everywhere and the little hut for all the tools we couldnt have that up there due to so many dickheads up there i think we woulod have to purchase a new shovel everytime we would go up there to maintain
that line in the video craig ,the one with the big drop ,where have all the pallets gone that were down thwe bottom? also Ando78 which one is matts line?
I keep most of my tools out there but they are cheap crap so I don't lose good tools. I also have a wheelbarrow stashed there. Anyone can use them as long as they but them back where they found them. The pallets that were at the very bottom of the "step up" run were there last I saw but that was a while ago. I never bothered to go past the small rock double after the step up after someone ripped the lander for the drop apart. Was a fun drop. Matt's track is hidden off the side of "snakes and ladders". Very steep, but with some work will be good fun.