Official kentlyn thread

yeahyeah

Likes Dirt
its probably the same guys i seen up there putting logs and shit on the track, who is this KDS i see it all over youtube its like there some kind of mountain bike gang haha

CraigS

Likes Dirt
As far as I know KDS stands for Kentlyn Dirt Squad and they are a bunch of kids from Leumeah High although they are probably finished school now. I'm not sure of faces or names as there are so many people riding out there now that it's hard to keep up with who's who.
To everyone who rides there, look after the place, because if you don't we will ALL lose it for good. This means
NO GRAFITTI
TAKE YOUR RUBBISH WITH YOU
NO BURN OUTS IN THE PARKING AREA
NO LOUD NOISE OR YELLING IN THE ABOVE MENTIONED AREA (it's right outside peoples houses)
You can still have fun without doing any of the above mentioned things.
Perhaps someone from KDS that is on this forum can speak up and defend themselves or own up to the accusations.

kemmis

Likes Dirt
thats what happens when peaple post pics vids and make forums on the net
and give out location details
this use to be a top local spot but its fast going down the shitter
the sad thing is its not just happening here its at most ride spots now
I have given up not posting pics and vids because its to late anyway. But its not to late for people to clean up after themselves refrain from wrecking crap.

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
As far as I know KDS stands for Kentlyn Dirt Squad and they are a bunch of kids from Leumeah High although they are probably finished school now.
I think they actually ride Kentlyn as one of their school sports on Wednesday? afternoons. :confused:

clean up

im one of the riders and yes we ride there alot but we dont leave rubbish and or do graffiti but i went out there today and got rid of the tag and as much off the other spray paint as i could and we try not to damage any of the tracks and we do, do maintenance.and no its not us puttin logs across the tracks if yous look at one of the threads i posted a little while ago it was having a go about that problem( snakes in kentlyn)
and as yeah yeah stated on this thread (we seen some nike dry fit lad guys up there about a month ago pullin logs onto the tracks ,as soon as they seen us they legged it ) we dont ride with any wanna be lads :eek:

Last edited:

adtee23

Likes Bikes
"Went up there today and found graffiti everywhere at the top of the trail head. Arrows and lines painted everywhere. also the tag KDS. Thats a great way to get the trails shut down."

I agree to some point I too have seen this and am unsure of how the KDS tag got up there but they have been warned of stupid behaviour around the trails.. This is a huge leap to suggest that the other stuff - arrows and lines etc is by the same people, both things you speak of were placed at different times as far as i know.

Due to this we have a page of people talking about "kds" and how THEY have stuffed leumeah.

eg

"if we know they did it just get up em,and demand they clean the shit up... "
? no one knows anything it is just accusations so ease up

"I am calling a Fatwa on KDS. If i catch 'em messing shit up there will be retribution. You have been warned!!"

dont get caught up in the hype of the last few posts, its ridiculous to claim that because of one tag that they are to blame for all the problems around kentlyn, they did not do all the arrows and lines or leave rubbish or cut down the trees.

"its probably the same guys i seen up there putting logs and shit on the track, who is this KDS i see it all over youtube its like there some kind of mountain bike gang haha "

why would a group of kids with a love for mountainbiking just like yourself cut down trees/logs and place them over the track? (which i too have been caught out by these logs on more than one occasion, some of the kids have also mentioned fishing line and wire over the past week or so)
As for the gang it is nothing but a group of friends who ride and no different from any other youtube mountainbike clip most mates have posted up youtube or on this forum.

"thats what happens when peaple post pics vids and make forums on the net
the sad thing is its not just happening here its at most ride spots now"

like trailflix or the "kentlyn" thread your posting in here on rotorburn. You are contributing to exactly what you think is the problem.

To everyone who rides there, look after the place, because if you don't we will ALL lose it for good. This means
NO GRAFITTI
TAKE YOUR RUBBISH WITH YOU
NO BURN OUTS IN THE PARKING AREA
NO LOUD NOISE OR YELLING IN THE ABOVE MENTIONED AREA (it's right outside peoples houses)
You can still have fun without doing any of the above mentioned things.
Perhaps someone from KDS that is on this forum can speak up and defend themselves or own up to the accusations.
Correct this is true of any trails and of ALL riders. I too love riding kentlyn and ride there regularly.. it is an awesome place with all kinds of riding out there to be enjoyed.

I hope this has helped clear a few things up, all in all they are a young group of riders past and present from that school and are extremely enthusiastic about mountinbiking.. They have alot to learn and are keen as when it comes to riding.. The area (kentlyn) is right in thier backyard and they realise they have a good area close to where they live that they can ride. It would be good if they could continue to ride there without the fear of adults making threats about catching up with them and maybe instead offer some of your years of experience and advice next time you see some younger riders out enjoying the same thing you love.

Anything else on this matter im happy to talk over PM

CraigS

Likes Dirt
"Went up there today and found graffiti everywhere at the top of the trail head. Arrows and lines painted everywhere. also the tag KDS. Thats a great way to get the trails shut down."

I agree to some point I too have seen this and am unsure of how the KDS tag got up there but they have been warned of stupid behaviour around the trails.. This is a huge leap to suggest that the other stuff - arrows and lines etc is by the same people, both things you speak of were placed at different times as far as i know.

Due to this we have a page of people talking about "kds" and how THEY have stuffed leumeah.

eg

"I am calling a Fatwa on KDS. If i catch 'em messing shit up there will be retribution. You have been warned!!"

dont get caught up in the hype of the last few posts, its ridiculous to claim that because of one tag that they are to blame for all the problems around kentlyn, they did not do all the arrows and lines or leave rubbish or cut down the trees.

"its probably the same guys i seen up there putting logs and shit on the track, who is this KDS i see it all over youtube its like there some kind of mountain bike gang haha "

why would a group of kids with a love for mountainbiking just like yourself cut down trees/logs and place them over the track? (which i too have been caught out by these logs on more than one occasion, some of the kids have also mentioned fishing line and wire over the past week or so)
As for the gang it is nothing but a group of friends who ride and no different from any other youtube mountainbike clip most mates have posted up youtube or on this forum.

like trailflix or the "kentlyn" thread your posting in here on rotorburn. You are contributing to exactly what you think is the problem.

Correct this is true of any trails and of ALL riders. I too love riding kentlyn and ride there regularly.. it is an awesome place with all kinds of riding out there to be enjoyed.

I hope this has helped clear a few things up, all in all they are a young group of riders past and present from that school and are extremely enthusiastic about mountinbiking.. They have alot to learn and are keen as when it comes to riding.. The area (kentlyn) is right in thier backyard and they realise they have a good area close to where they live that they can ride. It would be good if they could continue to ride there without the fear of adults making threats about catching up with them and maybe instead offer some of your years of experience and advice next time you see some younger riders out enjoying the same thing you love.

Thank you adtee23. I never never accussed anyone directly and it's good to see the other sides view. Keep your eyes open out there. Obviously someone is out to hurt mountain bikers with the logs/wire etc

yeah yeah, are you still heading out to Menai tomorrow morning???
I am thinking of going oit there but I don't dh alone. Otherwise I'll just head out to Kentlyn in the arvo with Eastside and Newts

Last edited:

kemmis

Likes Dirt

eg

The arrows were new. At the trail head in the exact same paint as the tag, i didn't say it was KDS i said that the tag said KDS, I didnt even know who KDS was until now.

wolf2560

Likes Dirt
hey yer all the people i know wouldnt do that but yer dont wreck riding for the peoiple that wait all day just to go out and have fun doing the sport they love just cause some noob is doing shit that is really not right and will be punished for it but yer i know some guys that ride they love riding out there and yer i know a lot of rides out there and i see i lot of u guys and say hi and have been riding in kentlyn for about 7 years and have helped build tracks out there that have been never used for years and made them allright tracks
so yer dont just blame a group of people for what someone might say

dan

logs on tracks

as for logs on tracks about 2 to 3 weeks ago i did pass a very random and missfittin group of guys and i didnt take any notice untill i got half way into the track and rode into a well placed branch and hit me square in the stomace i then spent about one to two hours cleaning just that track trying to move 20 to 30 trees off a track by myself is anoying when ive only got minimal riding time as is... but if i see the same group and the same thing happens we know whos doing it then then you can have your retribution;)

yeahyeah

Likes Dirt
craig if you see this yeah we are going out to menai this morning still should be there till round 12 or so ,i got my new bike last night so gotta ride it in haha,if we see these guys up at kentlyn stuffing shit up..on the spot bashing,same with those bloody thumpster 50 things

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Buggar, can't get out till after lunch now. Will just have to go to Kentlyn with Newts this arvo but won't be till late as he's working.
Was going to go to Oxford but there wasn't enough room for shuttles. I was looking forward to seeing Dave's Asterix with new Cane Creek double barrel rear shock and BOS forks. Would be one of the nicest bikes going around, especially if he upgrades to a Morewood like I was told.

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
as for logs on tracks about 2 to 3 weeks ago i did pass a very random and missfittin group of guys and i didnt take any notice untill i got half way into the track and rode into a well placed branch and hit me square in the stomace i then spent about one to two hours cleaning just that track trying to move 20 to 30 trees off a track by myself is anoying when ive only got minimal riding time as is... but if i see the same group and the same thing happens we know whos doing it then then you can have your retribution;)
Hey Tavis can you post up a bit of a decription of these guys ? How many.. rough age etc. There are a lot of people who ride here and around here so the more people who are aware the better.
I wouldnt be surprised if it was the guys who tore down the old wall ride to build a cubby house... which we organised the removal of.

adtee23

Likes Bikes
i heard someone was living in that wallride and then burnt it down and the surrounding bush when they were finished, god i miss that thing it was a great ride!!!

description

there were 3/4 guys about 13 to 16 wearing those nike fit hats blue and also white um and those nike/adidas shorts with the strip down the side to be honest i wasnt paying that much attention but once you have seen one wanna be lad you've have seen them all sorry i couldn't be more specific

Last edited:

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
thats what i heard to i miss it to r.i.p
Thats pretty funny!! it was a decent size but not that big plus wouldnt it get annoying having bikes rolling over your house every day?
If you dig you may still find the thread on this, but i belive i was first one to discover the wallride all smashed up and the second shore ladder removed that dropped you in to the wall (ouch). Directly across the gully they had used the wall ride and cut trees to build a cubby house. We organised its removal and a clean up of the mess they caused a few days later. Thats when they came back and burnt the whole place out.

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Thinking about doing an early session at Menai this Sunday. Is anyone interested in coming out??? I haven't been out there for about 6 weeks so keen to hit some gaps again. It's one thing we don't have at Kentlyn but thats mainly because there's no good dirt to build with:(