Official kentlyn thread

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Anyone heading out on Sunday for some DH runs??? Hopefully the rain keeps away. I want to get one last ride on my bike before the new beast arrives:D

Calv

Likes Bikes
Anyone heading out on Sunday for some DH runs??? Hopefully the rain keeps away. I want to get one last ride on my bike before the new beast arrives:D
Hi Craig,

I'll be out from about midday on Sunday for some runs. I haven't met you before but I used to be a regular at Kentlyn before I moved overseas. I'm back for a few months and keen to get some rides in. Might see you out there if the rain is not too bad!

CraigS

Likes Dirt
I'll probably be finished by then as I like to go early (7am). If no one is going I might go do a lap or two of Appin on the xc instead. My big bike might not get as much use after this week as I am getting a new rig next week and it should be fun, very high spec'd for a good price:D

CraigS

Likes Dirt
It's been bucketing down at home for a few hours now so no riding again tomorrow:(
Stay off the trails when it's wet to prevent lots of erosion which makes for more maintenance work on the tracks.
If anyone is keen I will be going up to Lithgow on the long weekend (next week), so let me know if you're interested to head up for some riding. Would be cool if they got some early snow up there, would make it feel like BC in the pine forest:D

Calv

Likes Bikes
Wont be meeting you out west Shorty. Staying local.
Anyone 8.00am Sunday morning??
Hi Newts,

Not sure if you ride xc or dh, but I may be out Sunday morning (8am'ish) for a few dh runs. Might see you out there!

Pete

Newts

Likes Dirt
Hi Calv,

you would call what I do XC on a DH rig. Havent been out for4 months so it will be a pretty basic ride. Will be getting there about 9ish..meeting some mates just before it.
Will be on a Green Giant DH Comp.

See you there.

Calv

Likes Bikes
Hi Calv,

you would call what I do XC on a DH rig. Havent been out for4 months so it will be a pretty basic ride. Will be getting there about 9ish..meeting some mates just before it.
Will be on a Green Giant DH Comp.

See you there.
Hi Newts,

Sorry I missed you. I didn't check this thread again until just now (Monday night). Hopefully will catch you out there sometime in the future.

Pete

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Anyone heading out for a ride next weekend?? I'm stuck at home with the last bit of the flu this week but should be ready to hit the trails again next week. I'm open to going nearly anywhere and will bring out either the big bike or my new baby for some extra pedalling:eek:

kemmis

Likes Dirt
Hey Calv you probably wont get this but can u come for a ride today, i will be out around 1 hopefully. Hopefully before then.

Calv

Likes Bikes
Hey Calv you probably wont get this but can u come for a ride today, i will be out around 1 hopefully. Hopefully before then.
Hey Josh, yeah couldn't make it out this weekend as I had other things on. Will hopefully get a ride in soon. I'm still waiting on that dvd to arrive so I'll let ya know when I get it.

kemmis

Likes Dirt
Hey man no troubles, i headed out to menai instead. You should come to the clubby at del rio this weekend.

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Anyone heading out this weekend???
I'm keen to get the big bike back out and also do some maintenance on a few lines whilst I'm there. Let me know if you're going out and when and I'll see if we can organise a bit of work and some runs too;)

CraigS

Likes Dirt
That's why I bought a pair of full length race pants for winter. Can be below zero in C/Town on a winters morning:eek:
See you there

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Was out there yesterday and saw the new drop off to the left of the old oil drum gap. Who's building it???
I want to be there with a camera to watch the guinea pig do it first. I think the tree in the middle of what looks like a berm in progress might be an issue with the speed you'll have. In my opinion the catch ramp needs 2-3 pallets on top for safety too. Good job so far none the less.
It was suggested putting in a roll down for those not willing to throw themselves or their bikes for that matter off a 4m cliff. This way you can launch over it or roll down a very steep ladder for the mere mortals.
Just a suggestion

Calv

Likes Bikes
Was out there yesterday and saw the new drop off to the left of the old oil drum gap. Who's building it???
I want to be there with a camera to watch the guinea pig do it first. I think the tree in the middle of what looks like a berm in progress might be an issue with the speed you'll have. In my opinion the catch ramp needs 2-3 pallets on top for safety too. Good job so far none the less.
It was suggested putting in a roll down for those not willing to throw themselves or their bikes for that matter off a 4m cliff. This way you can launch over it or roll down a very steep ladder for the mere mortals.
Just a suggestion
Not sure who built it CraigS but my mate and I hit it a couple of times yesterday afternoon. Last time I was there it wasn't open, but the path was clear yesterday. It's a fun little drop and the track after it looks to be shaping up nicely too.
You do come out of it with a little speed, but you actually need to brake check a bit beforehand, as to not overclear it.

Last edited:

Petercass

Likes Dirt
hehe yea ive seen the CLIFF you are talking about! lol looks crazy!
was about to say a few people have hit it looking at the tread marks but calv beat me too it!

calv... you must hit the bottom pretty hard?

Calv

Likes Bikes
calv... you must hit the bottom pretty hard?
It's actually not bad at all if you land it right. There are a couple of larger drops in Kentlyn on the other side of the gully. They're in need of a little maintenance, and they're not part of a flowing track but they're kinda fun to hit every now and again.

Last edited: