Official kentlyn thread

Newts

Likes Dirt
Renaming Road Gap

What are we going to rename the Road Gap to with the newly decorated trees?
Forks and Front wheel on one side of the track.
Frame and rear wheel on the other.
It gives me ideas on how to decorate this Christmas.

Did the bike crack whilst riding or is it someone's year 10 metal work project for the school certificate?

If you were riding, I hope you are OK

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Is anyone up for lending a hand early on Sunday morning to do some work towards the top of the main line??? We are going to alter the first "little" jump into a double with solid copper log walls for strength and make the landing nice and smooth. For those more in touch with the ground you will be able to ride around it:p
I am hoping to drop off some materials on Friday arvo ready to start building on Sunday. Let me know if you can lend a hand with a shovel for an hour or so. Also if anyone has any old carpet it would come in handy for the transitions.

Newts

Likes Dirt
Hi shorty,

Not sure if you got my text yesterday. Out all this weekend. Should be ok next if you are keen next week.
I was talking to Wade about the possiblity of buying some hesian bags to sandbag the berms, rather than moving boulders around. That way you would be able to get better angles into the berms.
What do you think?

kemmis

Likes Dirt
Hey guys, me and a mate have just finished a new track, if anyone finds it, we don't mind if you ride it of course, because we ride everyone elses hard work. But please dont change anything because we have just got it perfect and it is pretty fun the way it is. Other than that go nuts, it needs to be ridden in, so wheels are welcome. Also that new drop off the barrel track is fun so good work to the builders of that.

kemmis

Likes Dirt
it uses the start of the cannonball, turns off before for the first step down. then links back on, then turns off down what from the top looks like a cliff before you really start to go down on the cannonball.

Calv

Likes Bikes
I'm heading out for a few hours tomorrow at midday. I'll check out your track too Josh, should be good! The weather is meant to be good for the weekend, so I'm stoked! See you guys out there.

Calv

Likes Bikes
you wont come out calvin youre to soft, come ride sunday
I'm going to T-Bone your Jamis off the cannonball mate hahaha
I'm heading into the city to get fitted for suits for my sis's wedding Sunday, but I'll be out Saturday arvo for a few hours. Come ride Saturday as well fool !

Last edited:

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Just a quick heads up that work on the first jump along the main dh track is mainly complete.
This jump is now a 6 foot double, the bulk of people who ride these trails will have no problems hitting this gap. If you are unsure then I suggest you watch someone else do it first so you know how much speed is needed. If you hit it too fast you will just land to flat as it was before the gap was there.
I still need to put some star pickets down the side to support the side rails from being pushed out. I'll finish this next weekend.
A couple of pics so you know what's coming up along the trail.

If you hit this give me some feedback as to whether you think it should be adjusted (moved out more).

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice work mate. It looks very well done. That's the sort of standard that everyone should be aiming for when building out there.

Newts

Likes Dirt
Top work

Nice work Shorty, Sunday morning will be happening. I'll see what off cuts I have lying around the house for more of these!

Calv

Likes Bikes
Just a suggestion - There's alot of wood strewn around the bush in the area near the rock stepdown on the Cannonball run. Maybe this could be used instead of bringing more wood into Kentlyn?
I haven't checked the actual condition of the timber, so I'm not sure if it's worth using or not. I'll check it out next time I'm down there and let you guys know if it's any good or not. Anyway, just a thought :)

Last edited: