Official kentlyn thread

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Anyone up for a ride and a bit of track maintenance we'll be out there between 7.30 and noon tomorrow. Say G'Day if you see us or offer to lend a hand with a shovel for 15 minutes too:D

Calv

Likes Bikes
calvin youre already homeless:)ride before you go back to canada mate
hahaha yeah I'll be getting rides in for most weekends after this one coming up and then probably a few mid-week ones when I finish up at work on the 15th. Are you coming down to Canberra oldmate?

yeahyeah

Likes Dirt
yeah im going down canberra oldmate , im just gonna drink piss all day gonna buy a cowbell so i can annoy heaps of people

Calv

Likes Bikes
yeah im going down canberra oldmate , im just gonna drink piss all day gonna buy a cowbell so i can annoy heaps of people
hahaha there will be quite a few cowbells down there I think! I'm kinda bummed that the Redbull X-Ray at Picton is on the same weekend. Robbie Madison is going to be there along with a few others. It'll be a good show also!

yeahyeah

Likes Dirt
yeah i wasnt even gonna go down but murphy conned me into it ,
howd you go on the weekend craig?did much get done?

CraigS

Likes Dirt
yeah i wasnt even gonna go down but murphy conned me into it ,
howd you go on the weekend craig?did much get done?
We did some work on the doubles at the top of Snakes and Ladders. Boots you heaps better now but might need to move the lander for the first one further out. Over shooting it by about 2-3 feet.
Got some pics and video of one of the other guys hitting up the drop near the bottom of Cannonball Run. My apologies I didn't get your name, sorry.

I don't think they're up to the level required to be in phat snaps these days.

troublemaker

Likes Bikes
organised rides

does anyone get out there regularly, eg. Mon.,Tue., Wed. arvo's or weekends? Would like to tag along to learn trails/area if posible.I'm not overly skilled and definetly can't jump but I like to hit trees at full speed.

troublemaker

Likes Bikes
I only just noticed the threads and photos above my first post. Thats just b*$% s*&$ , is there any chicken runs around that drop.

CraigS

Likes Dirt
does anyone get out there regularly, eg. Mon.,Tue., Wed. arvo's or weekends? Would like to tag along to learn trails/area if posible.I'm not overly skilled and definetly can't jump but I like to hit trees at full speed.
Yes plenty of people. Depending on the day and week. The group of guys I ride with will be back out there in 2 weeks, (well I will be anyway). Some xc guys do 20-30km on a Wednesday arvo, and heaps of other people both xc and DH during weekday arfternoons and weekends. Just post up in this thread when you're heading out and see if anyone is willing to show you around.

I only just noticed the threads and photos above my first post. Thats just b*$% s*&$ , is there any chicken runs around that drop.
Sorry NO!!!:eek:

scuba05

Likes Dirt
that drop above is just off the trail, so you dont have to hit it. Nothing really after it, although it looks like something is/was getting built after it

I did it on Sunday arvo.....just. Nosedived it something fierce, but luckily rolled away from it ok.

Nice drop though, just hit the left hand side of the take-off if you do it!!!

Il agree with the top of snakes and ladders. Can flat-land those doubles no worries, but i guess i was actually trying to launch them

Ando78

Likes Bikes
give away

hi all kdh crew
i got a set of single track sun rims with Lx hubs i got no use for
thay just taking up room as i have sold my xc bike
the front is perfect but the rear needs two spokes replaced
anyone wont them will swap for a slab of jim beam cans
pm me if you are keen
cheers scotty

troublemaker

Likes Bikes
I've con'd my daughter into coming for a ride this Sat. morn. Can anyone tell me where I can park truck & get onto trails [map ref. please]. If anyone is already heading out for slow granny gear ride could we tag.
thanks

troublemaker

Likes Bikes
my daughter backed out & going by the looks & forecast I decided to get into the yard. But I finaly managed to get out there in the arvo, thank god my girl didnt come. I must have picked the worst starting/finnishing point around there, Newman Rd. started by going down to the creek by the rockiest trail I've ever riden realizing 1/2 way down that there was a zig zag trail wich looked a lot easier. Down at the creek I headed right [now these are real nice trails] keeping to or close as to the creek exploring all the trails to the right which lead back to the road then back down to the orig. trail till I got to Peter meadows Rd. turned back & reroad part of all the exit trails again only to discover other litle loops I had missed. after getting up the rockiest trail Ive ever walked & in the truck I headed round to Old Ford Rd park. & road all the dead end trails. Short but cool as well.
Man am I glad I got out there today,and to think I would waste an hour or more of travell just to get to the Oaks [Blue Mtn.s]. Definatly getting back out there next Sat. to do some more xploring. If anyone else is heading out there let us know

yeahyeah

Likes Dirt
went out there yesterday with a big crew, we need rain so bad its so dry out there lately like a big fat sandpit.
like some of the new lines pretty fun also nice work with the jumps craig

Calv

Likes Bikes
It doesn't take much to turn Kentlyn to sand yeahyeah! I haven't been out there in a few weeks so I might try and head out for an early morning Saturday ride before heading to Canberra. It all depends on when Andrew wants to leave as I'm catching a ride down with him. Have you found that cowbell yet mate? haha

yeahyeah

Likes Dirt
yo calv dont think im going down to canberra now got another appointment with the dentist haha got alot of work to go yet....Kids never get mouth piercings comes back to bite you in the ass later in life.
give me a msg if your heading out saturday morning mate!

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
my daughter backed out & going by the looks & forecast I decided to get into the yard. But I finaly managed to get out there in the arvo, thank god my girl didnt come. I must have picked the worst starting/finnishing point around there, Newman Rd. started by going down to the creek by the rockiest trail I've ever riden realizing 1/2 way down that there was a zig zag trail wich looked a lot easier. Down at the creek I headed right [now these are real nice trails] keeping to or close as to the creek exploring all the trails to the right which lead back to the road then back down to the orig. trail till I got to Peter meadows Rd. turned back & reroad part of all the exit trails again only to discover other litle loops I had missed. after getting up the rockiest trail Ive ever walked & in the truck I headed round to Old Ford Rd park. & road all the dead end trails. Short but cool as well.
Man am I glad I got out there today,and to think I would waste an hour or more of travell just to get to the Oaks [Blue Mtn.s]. Definatly getting back out there next Sat. to do some more xploring. If anyone else is heading out there let us know
Hey mate,

Im aiming to get out there this saturday morning (9:00am start at Darling Rd) so would be happy to show you all the XC stuff thats there. If your keen let me know.... open offer to anyone else whos keen.