Official kentlyn thread

blakemuller

Likes Bikes
sounds good mate. do you by any chance ride with the pinner on the glory? our groups out there a fair bit, i've seen you guys a few times. we have a decent size goup of guys riding 2 sundays, green a-line, black atomik, kona stab, dh comp, kraftworks, you have probably seen us around

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Seeing as (Ando78) built the track to start with, I think he can choose the line we take. The one thought I had was to put in a step up to cover more area on the way back down and clear some of the rocks after the line crosses the water course.
Let me know what you think Scott

Ando78

Likes Bikes
a step up would be good idear insted off building that bridge we talked about if we can get a clear run in that is

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Do you want to try and mark it out this weekend??? We can just rake it and figure out what each section needs ie. Timber/Rock etc
Maybe I can come out very early Saturday for an hour or two to do this.
Would be good to mark out the step up so we know how much stuff we need to get down there too. I was thinking something like Menai, only smaller for us mere mortals:eek:

Ando78

Likes Bikes
yep sounds good
may have to put in a b-line depending on how big it is
need peaple to fill sand bags as well !

kemmis

Likes Dirt
sounds good mate. do you by any chance ride with the pinner on the glory? our groups out there a fair bit, i've seen you guys a few times. we have a decent size goup of guys riding 2 sundays, green a-line, black atomik, kona stab, dh comp, kraftworks, you have probably seen us around
Hey I'm Josh, i ride the glory, been seeing alot of you guys lately. what bike are you on? i need the bike to remember the face.

blakemuller

Likes Bikes
So where exactly on Road Gap are you guys planning on going right? Like say you have the road gap, then a small bump, small rock garden/drop thing, bump into berm, see saw, whereabouts in that line? And are you making the step up back up the hill on the right? Im just trying to get an idea of you what you guys have planned. Me and some of the boys walked it today and there is abit of a track there, decent drop/gap that hasn't been used in awhile along that hill aswell.

CraigS

Likes Dirt
heading right out of the berm right before where the see-saw used to be. I think the drop you speak of is on the track on the right hand line from the road gap. It's good but I haven't been down there for well over a year.
It's looking like it could be a good turn up so far. Josh are you in??
If you want any input into the tracks you ride, you need to be there to lend a hand in it's construction.

Newts

Likes Dirt
out this weekend, have a 12 day week happening.
Definately available next week. Are we heading out earlier to build and then ride?
Blake are you riding a lovely green 06 as well?

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Yeah it will be early, about 6am:eek:
I have to leave by 10.30am. I am heading out as the sun rises this Saturday for an hour or two to start clearing and marking out things. No bike, just rake and shovel. Scotty you up for an early morning to get it all started? It will make next week much easier as the line will be there, we'll just have to make it rideable.

scuba05

Likes Dirt
would come out this sat, but there are a few of us goin down nowra for a day to ride.

I think myself, blake and another mate could be going out tomorrow(fri) to have a bit of a poke around, and maybe start building some stuff. Kind of have an idea about where its going, but things change dont they?

Kemmis, im the one on the green aline. Saw you down worlds last weekend?

Ando78

Likes Bikes
ye sounds good mate
you wont me to bring down the barrow to fix up the first burm and make that jump in to a double
anyone else keen to come down we need lots of sand bags filled not to keen to use pallets or timber anymore

CraigS

Likes Dirt
ye sounds good mate
you wont me to bring down the barrow to fix up the first burm and make that jump in to a double
anyone else keen to come down we need lots of sand bags filled not to keen to use pallets or timber anymore
Yeah bring it down. Mine is still out there too as far as I know.
Should get a bit done judging by how many say they're coming out.

yeahyeah

Likes Dirt
yeah name rings a bell,awesome teacher thats for sure.

craig i will try get out but not making any promises yet

scuba05

Likes Dirt
yeah, tsoupis from leumeah.
Was great having sport for 2 years, going riding in kentlyn. Was also my year advisor. Rides a black aline at the moment.

CraigS

Likes Dirt
ye sounds good mate
I'm not sure if we can build a step up that doesn't require constant repair unless we use timber. We can just use the stuff that's already out there. There's heaps of hardwood pallets etc that we can use. It's far too sandy to use the soil out there for an upramp and lander, It would need constant work to keep it safe and ridable.
Let me know your thoughts