Official kentlyn thread

CraigS

Likes Dirt
I agree with Ando78, we don't have the slope for "big" gaps like Menai. If you want to hit some bigger stuff, then I suggest you look elsewhere in Kentlyn or further abroad like drive to Menai. We do every so often to go bigger. You can't always have everything in the one spot. Kentlyn really is more of a begginner to intermediate place to ride. If it's getting a little to small/boreing for you try out Oxford Falls, Menai, Helensburgh, Wollongong etc.
We try to build stuff for "everyone" to ride, not just a select few thats willing to go BIG.

Josh, there are a few places you can build bigger gaps on,
1. your new track
2. the track off to the left of cannonball run before your track.

We didn't build them so you can do what you want there.
Another thought is that if you want to make suggestions on what's out there to ride then come along next Sunday and lend a hand on a shovel or a rake. You can't just ride and expect others to put in the work to build it for you

Last edited:

kemmis

Likes Dirt
I agree with Ando78, we don't have the slope for "big" gaps like Menai. If you want to hit some bigger stuff, then I suggest you look elsewhere in Kentlyn or further abroad like drive to Menai. We do every so often to go bigger. You can't always have everything in the one spot. Kentlyn really is more of a begginner to intermediate place to ride. If it's getting a little to small/boreing for you try out Oxford Falls, Menai, Helensburgh, Wollongong etc.
We try to build stuff for "everyone" to ride, not just a select few thats willing to go BIG.

Josh, there are a few places you can build bigger gaps on,
1. your new track
2. the track off to the left of cannonball run before your track.

We didn't build them so you can do what you want there.
Another thought is that if you want to make suggestions on what's out there to ride then come along next Sunday and lend a hand on a shovel or a rake. You can't just ride and expect others to put in the work to build it for you
I wasn't telling you to build them more so asking were I could make them so no one got ancy about new things being built. I do go to other tracks on weekends but it would be nice to have some i could ride in the arvo.

blakemuller

Likes Bikes
I wasn't telling you to build them more so asking were I could make them so no one got ancy about new things being built. I do go to other tracks on weekends but it would be nice to have some i could ride in the arvo.
Hey mate, let us know if you decide to build some bigger stuff, I'm sure the boys will be keen to lend a hand if possible

CraigS

Likes Dirt
I was informed about an hour ago that sometime since Saturday morning and today, someone has gone and trashed the work we started to do at the bottom of the main DH line and wrote in the dirt of the new jump something about us stuffing up "their" track or some shit.
We're not going to go to all the effort to maintain the tracks out there for people like this. If anything we'll just take out everything we've built and go somewhere else.
For the information for the above mentioned persons, I was working on the new section with the original builder of the track who if anyone should have the right to change whatever he pleases.
Please respect the work other people do out there or there won't be anything to ride.
Rant over

scuba05

Likes Dirt
I was informed about an hour ago that sometime since Saturday morning and today, someone has gone and trashed the work we started to do at the bottom of the main DH line and wrote in the dirt of the new jump something about us stuffing up "their" track or some shit.
Whoever did this, go and destroy your own trail ffs. CraigS and many of the other builders have done much to help create the great trails out in kentlyn, and i would hedge a bet that you have not done much at all.
And to add onto that, the new section of trail ahs only cut off about 20m of track that most of us ride, and it didnt have much on it, so its basically just an extension.
Dont destroy trails, whatever your motive. It is because of other builders that we have trails to ride.

I can say that on sun arvo, everything was fine and (i think) was the same as you left it after your build on sat mornin.

yeahyeah

Likes Dirt
Whos building that gap thats running off the cannonball? The one with the pallet used as a kicker,theres a few more lines that people have started out there and havent finished.
Does anyone ride the track i built still?
Its the track that runs off crank it after the fire trail with the jump to the right.
Sorry to hear bout the dicks that fucked the track up guys,always some knob that stuffs everything for everyone else

Hey Blake did you used to ride bmx in campbelltown by any chance?

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Whos building that gap thats running off the cannonball? The one with the pallet used as a kicker,theres a few more lines that people have started out there and havent finished.
Its the track that runs off crank it after the fire trail with the jump to the right.
Sorry to hear bout the dicks that fucked the track up guys,always some knob that stuffs everything for everyone else

I think the trail off Cannonball is Josh's track (Kemmis). I haven't ridden it. We did one run on your track last weekend but I can never pick what line to take so I don't usually ride it.
Is there anyone coming out on Sunday to lend a hand??
Should be more riding than building as Scott has been doing a fair bit since the weekend.
So far there's Myself, Ando78, Newts, Eastside Zero confirmed.
Any other takers????

blakemuller

Likes Bikes

Yeah mate, raced at Hoxton Park till I was 15 or something I think, then rode at Leumeah skatepark/trails till I was around 17. This is going back around 4-5 years though

Unlearn

Likes Dirt
Was pushing to get out there, but have family committments, I can try and get out early, even if its only fo a short amount of time to check out whats been going on and catch up.

What time are you guys heading out there?

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Yeah I just want to get out of the house before the kids wake up. Too hard to get ready when they're up. I'll just start moving some dirt or finish raking the trail. I need to make myself more useful.

BlackCommoUte

Cannon Fodder
Hi guys, just found this forum (and this thread). I have too say I'm dissapointed. I have been riding Kentlyn (and doing burnouts in the cudlesac :D) for years now. I find it unacceptable that you think you guys own the bush. If you actually built trails that ddint resemble a soft XC then maybe me and my crew wouldnt care, but when I rock up there to find an infestation of "ant hills", I dont know what to do. And who decided to put a pallet in the middle of road gap??????????? My mate greg spent some time in hospital thanks to that. If you decide to block off a bit of the track where your carrying a fair bit of speed, it might be an idea to let people know earlier in the track. I've told greg about the photos of the pallets in this thread, and he has printed them off to take to police. This is a serious matter, you cant just block a trail because you want to add some new fairy line. So CraigS, if you were responsible for said pallets, greg would like to talk to you.

Kentlyn used to be a nice place to ride, now I think I'd prefer to take my XC bike

yeahyeah

Likes Dirt
Mate i dont think the police are gonna care to much bout people building up there, craig has made up alot of signs to give all you XC guys warning and even made a B lines around most of the things they have built there.
sorry to hear about your mate but thats just apart of the risk when riding a mountain bike, your sure to get hurt somewhere along the line.