Official kentlyn thread

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Hi guys, just found this forum (and this thread). I have too say I'm dissapointed. I have been riding Kentlyn (and doing burnouts in the cudlesac :D) for years now. I find it unacceptable that you think you guys own the bush. If you actually built trails that ddint resemble a soft XC then maybe me and my crew wouldnt care, but when I rock up there to find an infestation of "ant hills", I dont know what to do. And who decided to put a pallet in the middle of road gap??????????? My mate greg spent some time in hospital thanks to that. If you decide to block off a bit of the track where your carrying a fair bit of speed, it might be an idea to let people know earlier in the track. I've told greg about the photos of the pallets in this thread, and he has printed them off to take to police. This is a serious matter, you cant just block a trail because you want to add some new fairy line. So CraigS, if you were responsible for said pallets, greg would like to talk to you.

Kentlyn used to be a nice place to ride, now I think I'd prefer to take my XC bike

I'm sorry to hear about your friend, but we did NOT put a pallet in the middle of the road gap. It is placed about 20-30m further down the trail after a sign saying track closed for maintenance. There are photos on here to prove this. No one here wants to see anyone get hurt while riding. The trail was closed so that the new (as you call it "ant hill") jumps can harden up as the soil out there is very sandy.
PS Theats of violence aren't going to get anyone anywhere as you have put it up on a public forum this too can be printed and taken to police.
I hope you realise that we are all trying to work towards the same goal, to have a place to ride our bikes and have fun. Nothing more.
No one owns the bush out there, it is crown land, the council know of the trails and are willing to put up with them, but I do believe that if there was any police involvement for any reason out there, they would be closed down overnight. Do you really want this to happen??? I'm sure there would be dozens of guys and girls on here that would not be very happy if this happened.

Newts

Likes Dirt
Hi guys, just found this forum (and this thread). I have too say I'm dissapointed. I have been riding Kentlyn (and doing burnouts in the cudlesac :D) for years now. I find it unacceptable that you think you guys own the bush. If you actually built trails that ddint resemble a soft XC then maybe me and my crew wouldnt care, but when I rock up there to find an infestation of "ant hills", I dont know what to do. And who decided to put a pallet in the middle of road gap??????????? My mate greg spent some time in hospital thanks to that. If you decide to block off a bit of the track where your carrying a fair bit of speed, it might be an idea to let people know earlier in the track. I've told greg about the photos of the pallets in this thread, and he has printed them off to take to police. This is a serious matter, you cant just block a trail because you want to add some new fairy line. So CraigS, if you were responsible for said pallets, greg would like to talk to you.

Kentlyn used to be a nice place to ride, now I think I'd prefer to take my XC bike
There have been many threads about Kentlyn through this site and this one has been running for a good 6 months and you state that you only found it now.
You set up a user ID so you can start a rant about a mate who rode into a pallet. Number 1 rule - always check the track before you ride. Number 2 rule - Look where you are going. They may even be the other way around, because you need to look where you are going to check the track.

Would you be complaining if the track was ripped up?
We were lucky enough to have a couple of XC riders yell out to us last year when all of the woodwork was tossed next to the firetrail last year, as we were approaching it. Did we complain. No. We were grateful.

Now lets get things straight. The people who own the land next to Kentlyn are courteous enough not to complain about the noise levels where we park. Dont have your music blaring and for peats sake dont do burnouts.

Now as everyone has stated, sorry about your mate. Check the track and be thankful that people are out there maintaining it so it is a better ride. If you want to come to the build day this weekend, your more than welcome. You will find out what out plans are to fix all the other lines as well.

Ando78

Likes Bikes

hi mate sorry to here about your friend, but i dont think this is anyones fault!
the sign was there to stop people hurting themselves as the section of trail ( fairy line) was not finished.
when i went down i could see the sign from half way up the hill so if he was looking forward he would have seen it coming up.
when we first do a run down there we always do a slow run of all the tracks first just to make sure there is no obstacles on the trail.
if you would have done this you would have seen the sign coming up.
josh has had a bad crash out there becouse someone had put rocks all over the top of the road gap!
if you have been riding there for a while you would know that the trails have been the same for the last 6 years and thay are fast going down the shiter cause there is so many new people riding there.
we have been putting small gaps in to make a veriety of things to ride on.

if this place is to much like an xc trail for your (crew) why not go somewhere harder to ride
(and doing burnouts in the cul-de-sac :D) and im sure the house owners in the street would like your number plate for the cops as i saw your car down there and took note of it

Last edited:

Calv

Likes Bikes
I'm not jumping into the track debate as I'm moving back to Canada soon, but just so there's no confusion or assumptions, BlackCommoUte is not Adam from the bike shop (who also drives a black Commodore ute). I have spoken to him and confirmed it is not him.

Last edited:

yeahyeah

Likes Dirt
I dont think adam from abc would be as stupid as this guy having a whinge.
Also last time i checked mountain biking was an EXTREME sport....harden the fuck up.
also spoke to the owner of the house where everyone parks and he also mentioned something about your sick black commo, hopefully he catches up with you one day.

EastsideZero

Likes Dirt

I most disrespectfully suggest you go fuck yourself you tool.

djfr

Likes Dirt
stolen bike

hi guys my bike was stolen from my garage in ingleburn last night if any one sees it around the place pm or call me on 0433227351 its a green 2008 norco shore with totems white deity bars and black and yellow mavic rims thanksrims 011.jpg

CraigS

Likes Dirt
hi guys my bike was stolen from my garage in ingleburn last night if any one sees it around the place pm or call me on 0433227351 its a green 2008 norco shore with totems white deity bars and black and yellow mavic rims thanksView attachment 149077
Will keep an eye out. Won't be hard to miss. Make sure you check all the pawn shops too. Did you record the serial numbers on the bike, don't forget you'll have new ones after you got the new front triangle in the Norco recall. This will make it easier to get back if you find it in a shop.

bassjunki

Banned
shores

hey
are you guy still continuing with the rest of road gap?
if not can we use the two long shores that u have around the face of the cliff?

Newts

Likes Dirt
heyy is there gona be another build day coz im prety keen to get out there and build:)

The long weekend is the week after next. Maybe we should set it up for Sunday morning, as I know there will be a few weary heads on Monday.

Sunday 4th. Put your hands up for numbers.

FYI - The pallet jump at the bottom of of the shore line has been amended, as discussed Scotty. It has been taken back, lifted and the catch ramp extended.

adtee23

Likes Bikes
yeah name rings a bell,awesome teacher thats for sure.
THATS ME, CHEERS MATE.. HOPE TO SEE YOU DOWN THERE.

some awesome building going on lately cant wait to get down there when i get a chance.....keep up the good work boys.. quality stuff

ps is there anything materials wise you guys are looking for? and where would you like it left out there...just trying to help if possible.

Ando78

Likes Bikes
The long weekend is the week after next. Maybe we should set it up for Sunday morning, as I know there will be a few weary heads on Monday.

Sunday 4th. Put your hands up for numbers.

FYI - The pallet jump at the bottom of of the shore line has been amended, as discussed Scotty. It has been taken back, lifted and the catch ramp extended.
ye that sounds sweet that pallet had to go
im going to new zealand on thursday but hopeing to get out there late next week to do some work on the bottom road gap line
im trying to go 4x4ing /camping on the long weekend but if i dont i will let you know
cheers

CraigS

Likes Dirt
THATS ME, CHEERS MATE.. HOPE TO SEE YOU DOWN THERE.

some awesome building going on lately cant wait to get down there when i get a chance.....keep up the good work boys.. quality stuff

ps is there anything materials wise you guys are looking for? and where would you like it left out there...just trying to help if possible.
More carpet for jumps and landers. Approx 1m wide would be good. I'm getting some from one of the boys at work but it could be a few weeks away. We should use as much of the timber and pallets etc that is out there already before anyone brings in more stuff.

Anyone heading out there tomorrow (Wed) arvo?? I was thinking of doing a couple of runs after 4.30pm. Depends if I can get away from work early.