Official kentlyn thread

Newts

Likes Dirt
Someone on Welling Dr, Mt Annan, has just done there carpet. The old rolls are sitting waiting for council clean up.....It may be a job for late night carpet call, if it isnt cleaned up today.

adtee23

Likes Bikes
More carpet for jumps and landers. Approx 1m wide would be good. I'm getting some from one of the boys at work but it could be a few weeks away. We should use as much of the timber and pallets etc that is out there already before anyone brings in more stuff.

Anyone heading out there tomorrow (Wed) arvo?? I was thinking of doing a couple of runs after 4.30pm. Depends if I can get away from work early.
no probs ill keep an eye out for some carpet, we brought a bunch of those pallets out ages ago with the hope someone would put them to good use and they have been so far!!!!!

about to go riding now, feel sorry for all the suckers still at work ha ha
stop bragging michael....somone has to work... lol

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sand and snakes.

Just a heads up. Heaps of sand has washed down the tracks filling the ruts and is very soft. Came off yesterday on an easy corner heading down the tracks that go to the right off the road gap track. Luckily I wasn't going fast, just grazed my forearm and bruised my shoulder a bit.

Mainly for the XC crowd. Spotted a big Black snake on the creek singletrack. He was siting in the short grass on the side of the track. Thankfully I was rolling along at a good pace and by the time I realised it was there I had passed it.

This makes snake sighting number 5 in less than a month. Two in the Royal National Park, two in the Blue Mountains and now one on PM creek. They appear to be out in force at the moment so keep your eyes open.

Cheers,
CBG.

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Just a heads up. Heaps of sand has washed down the tracks filling the ruts and is very soft. Came off yesterday on an easy corner heading down the tracks that go to the right off the road gap track. Luckily I wasn't going fast, just grazed my forearm and bruised my shoulder a bit.

Mainly for the XC crowd. Spotted a big Black snake on the creek singletrack. He was siting in the short grass on the side of the track. Thankfully I was rolling along at a good pace and by the time I realised it was there I had passed it.

This makes snake sighting number 5 in less than a month. Two in the Royal National Park, two in the Blue Mountains and now one on PM creek. They appear to be out in force at the moment so keep your eyes open.

Cheers,
CBG.

Thanks CBG
Sounds like we need to get the rakes and shovels out to scrape the sand off the trails. Will be keeping an eye out for snakes. Hopefully they aren't out early in the mornings when we ride before it heats up. If it looks like a stick/branch across the trail ahead don't ride over it, stop and check. Snakes will slither away faster than you will try to move them (hopefully). I saw a black and a brown last summer along the Camden track near the slipway crossing so keep your eyes out there too.

nedless

Squid
was out on saturday and sum1 had a heavy fall he was on a white commencal with a red 661 helmet it was pretty bad nd he hurt his shoulder and smashed up his helmet so if any1 noes him can u let me no if he is alrite i no he was going to hospital so yeh just hope hes not hurt to bad

yeahyeah

Likes Dirt
yeah i think i know that guy he rides with a guy called troy on a black jamis.
where abouts did he fall off at ,was out there on saturday in the morning also, rode that new part after the road gap didnt realise you guys put that berm in,threw the bike between my legs jumped over it haha bailed out of it pretty good.

adtee23

Likes Bikes
That new section is still very soft/sandy.. Maybe it should still be closed till it settles.. I only walked through it to check it out as my heavy ass a-line would ruin all the hard work...

Just a thought?

nedless

Squid
yeh thats the guy he came off on crank it at that little rock garden thing just after you go off the pallet not the hardest place but not a good place to have a fall and yeh i rode that new section not bad still prety sandy but i kinda liked that rock shout at the end after the new S burm but its a good new section

Last edited:

Newts

Likes Dirt
Matt
are they a couple of off cuts that fell into your pocket?

I have plenty of carpet to bring down, let us fix up the catch ramps. Just need to find a weekend or a day free....potentially another 12 days straight this week

nedless

Squid
got out there today round lunch time its still pretty wet and the trails are pretty soft and sandy and this rain has exposed sum new rocks and roots on sum of the trails but i guess its also set sum of the new lines and will be beter after it dries up a bit. That see saw looks sick you should start a new section sumwere and put it on it but i dont have any sugestion as to were it should be

bassjunki

Banned
Road Gap

hey
when is some one going to finish off the road gap addition?
seems as though it was started and forgotten about, just curious as im interested to see what its like.

nedless

Squid
hey
seems as though it was started and forgotten about, just curious as im interested to see what its like.
yeh im really not a fan of that new line 2 slow and it doesnt look like its goin to be any good but maybe with a bit of work it mite turn out good but yeh alot of trails need sum work but i have seen sum new wooden structures that hav been put in so they should be good when there finished

Newts

Likes Dirt
hey
Its all about co-ordinating a work day. Most of us that do the maintenance have other committments and can not get down each week. If you would like the line finished, next time we put a call out for a hand, volunteer. Many hands make light work.