Official kentlyn thread

DT's

Likes Bikes
Likely to be a cruisy race pace :) just kidding

Social rides are never races(yeah right!!), if you drop back we will wait at various points or any turn offs. If you take off into the distance, then the race is well and truly on... ;)

If you have not been there before you will like it.
going to try and make it but I doubt it :(...how longs a lap?might make it for lap 2.

Newts

Likes Dirt
They have burnt pretty much all the bush between the Rock Trail and Boronia road. They have used the trail as a fire break but the trail itself is untouched and rideable :)
Opportunity to look at a DH line off Cannon Ball and to go over the fire trail?
We will make sure that we dont cross over the XC line for chance of potential crashes

Last edited:

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
OK I'm a definite.where do you meet?
Check you PM's :)

Call me if you want to follow me down.. number is in PM

Opportunity to look at a DH line off Cannon Ball and to go over the fire trail?
We will make sure that we dont cross over the XC line for chance of potential crashes
Definitely, but would be a bit short....though I think youd get better drop and run length by following the eastern side of that firetrail all the way down into the valley.... not burnt out though.

As long as there is visibility if trails cross it should never be a problem...

Last edited:

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
to DT and %username%..
Thanks for the ride yesterday boys, hope you pulled up ok today, was a good effort for your first time there :)
We ended up smashing out a lap of the single trail.. the pace was best described as "manic"... race faces were well and truly on.

to DT and %username%..
Thanks for the ride yesterday boys, hope you pulled up ok today, was a good effort for your first time there :)
We ended up smashing out a lap of the single trail.. the pace was best described as "manic"... race faces were well and truly on.
G'day Mate,
I was feeling slightly "flat" last night, but all good today. Thanks for showing us around there

DT's

Likes Bikes
to DT and %username%..
totally enjoyed it.I never thought id ever get a kick out of riding up fire trail like that,thanks for the tour.Im fairly tired today,not real sore but dehydrated.
I checked out the mushrooms I spotted and i seems they are of the "magic"variety.
looked exactly like this

totally enjoyed it.I never thought id ever get a kick out of riding up fire trail like that,thanks for the tour.Im fairly tired today,not real sore but dehydrated.
I checked out the mushrooms I spotted and i seems they are of the "magic"variety.
looked exactly like this
Yeah that was definetly the mushy. Lucky we didn't eat too many

EastsideZero

Likes Dirt
Day Off

Todays my day off.
Was gonna go for a ride across the road at Smiths creek.
Don't really want to go over there now.
Stupid internet.

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Todays my day off.
Was gonna go for a ride across the road at Smiths creek.
Don't really want to go over there now.
Stupid internet.
You, ride a bike :confused: I don't beleive you :p
When are you coming back?, can you do a Sunday sometime in the future?????

Check you PM's :)

Definitely, but would be a bit short....though I think youd get better drop and run length by following the eastern side of that firetrail all the way down into the valley.... not burnt out though.

As long as there is visibility if trails cross it should never be a problem...
Did the usual 25km run today and found Bob up at the rock trail adding about 300 mtrs of new track!

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Had a spin on the new section of the Rock Track this morning. Good work. At the moment the sandy ground is really f'ing soft. If my rear wheel wasn't buried to the rim it was spinning. Lost traction heaps of times, thankfully I am pretty quick at un-clipping so I fall over less these days.:) Technical stuff will be good once the ground settles down a bit.

There were 15-20 White Winged Choughs spread out in a line walking over the burnt out area looking for any carrion left by the fire. Looked more like a search party than a flock of birds.

Also, spoke to some council guys, they are grading all the fire trails in the area so keep your eye out for them.

Cheers,
Michael.

adtee23

Likes Bikes
Yeah out three today lots if council bulldozers n urea driving round keep your eyes peeled.. Smoothing all the fireroads out!!!!

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
Im planning to check it out Sat morn.U riding on the W/End?
Yeah Sat morrning is good...what time suits ?
I did 30km last night and rode the new section. It needs a lot of traffic on it to bed it in... I may head out with a soft rake and clean out some of the softer sandy bits, but definitely has potential and will be sweet when its all solid.

DT's

Likes Bikes
Yeah Sat morrning is good...what time suits ?
I did 30km last night and rode the new section. It needs a lot of traffic on it to bed it in... I may head out with a soft rake and clean out some of the softer sandy bits, but definitely has potential and will be sweet when its all solid.
i was thimking 8-9 am.. im easy,what do u prefer?
going out this arvo to sus it out