Official kentlyn thread

mtb1611

Seymour
Kentlyn's XC stuff is top shelf, love it. Haven't been out there for a good few months but would be keen for a Sunday morning sortie (out for the next 2 weekends though) once this rain has cleared.

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Howdy,

I've been reading all the Kentlyn DH threads and just wondering if anybody is still riding much DH down there these days? or are the tracks still ridable?

I've only just gotten back into riding as it's been about 8 years since I last raced (XC) but this time round I wanna have a crack at some of the more Gravity Orientated stuff. I picked up a new DH steed yesterday and am ready to get back up to speed.

If anybody still heads out there (preferably sunday's) and doesn't mind a NooB tagging along give us a yell :)

Cheers
AJ
AJ
The DH tracks are still rideable but not being maintained at present. The xc stuff on the other hand is sweet and lots of fun. I wouldn't call Kentlyn a gravity orientated area though.

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I heard the XC stuff might even be getting extended another 2 or so kms if we're lucky this winter.:)
Had a chat to the Construction Manager(;)) today. Stage 2 of the current extension work should be good to go very shortly. Looks good.

The DH runs are looking very poor at the moment. I went over the handle bars today just past the Frequent Flyers turn off. Bruised and grazed my elbow to go with the nice deep scratch on my right calf I got earlier. Anyone thinking of hitting the DH runs definitely needs to walk them first and you may need to do some tidy up before having a run.

Last edited:

scuba05

Likes Dirt
Had a chat to the Construction Manager(;)) today. Stage 2 of the current extension work should be good to go very shortly. Looks good.

The DH runs are looking very poor at the moment. I went over the handle bars today just past the Frequent Flyers turn off. Bruised and grazed my elbow to go with the nice deep scratch on my right calf I got earlier. Anyone thinking of hitting the DH runs definitely needs to walk them first and you may need to do some tidy up before having a run.
Yeah, got some wicked understeer through that corner the other day when I was out there with some mates.
Unmaintained, but they are still holding up semi-decently. I guess there are some pros to having sand everywhere, even if it means quite a bit of understeer and uncontrollability at times, but that's half the fun isn't it?

DT's

Likes Bikes
Landed a new job last month which means Ive got time again to jump on the bike :) Rode the ROCK the other day and was pleasantly surprised at another extension,this track is turning into a top class little track.

Landed a new job last month which means Ive got time again to jump on the bike :) Rode the ROCK the other day and was pleasantly surprised at another extension,this track is turning into a top class little track.
Found the new bit of rock track today, it's good, will be awesome in a few months.

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Heads up everyone.

Brown snake sited on the PM creek singletrack near where Crank It comes out onto the singletrack. Keep your eyes open people.

Cheers,
CBG.

steel ribs

Likes Dirt
Free Timber

If anyones in need of timber flooring off cuts, from decking to internal floor boards for trail building they range from 150mm to 900mm in length. Let me know.

DT's

Likes Bikes
Heads up everyone.

Brown snake sited on the PM creek singletrack near where Crank It comes out onto the singletrack. Keep your eyes open people.

Cheers,
CBG.
I was struck at by a real big black about 4 weeks ago on the original trail along the creek.

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yesterdays run around Kentlyn:
1. Saw a Rooster in the bush just off Peter Meadows Road,
2. Had a chat to a couple of riders from the inner west riding around the Rock track (the girl did it on Giant Glory, amazing effort as she was a petite Asian chic).
3. Spotted masses of Donkey Orchids flowering.
4. Rode part of the Rock Track in the normal direction then did some of it in reverse and the remainder normally. If no one is around I recommend doing the Rock Track in reverse, has a very different feel.

steel ribs

Likes Dirt
2. Had a chat to a couple of riders from the inner west riding around the Rock track (the girl did it on Giant Glory, amazing effort as she was a petite Asian chic).
4. Rode part of the Rock Track in the normal direction then did some of it in reverse and the remainder normally. If no one is around I recommend doing the Rock Track in reverse, has a very different feel.
Good stuff looking at riding there tomoz if it clears!

Yeah, the section they back burned last year is great in the opposite direction.

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Great ride around Kentlyn this afternoon. The Rock Trail is brilliant as always but is now even longer. I think it's about 4km all up just on that trail, great stuff! The builder has been in there and not only extended the trail, but put up some signage on different sections. If you are reading this and Byrne's Hill is named after me, you are a cruel, cruel man! :p My current level of fitness meant that I was stuffed by that stage, but hitting a section with my name on it I had to ride it. I got up cleanly but it hurt. Next time I'll try it in reverse.

There were a few motos out this afternoon too. I was behind them a bit on the singletrack between PM Rd and Darling Ave where they'd managed to skid or try and roost ever corner. The Bendi Track was in good nick too.

I didn't see any snakes. :D

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
crank1979,

I was out riding around Kentlyn late this arvo. Don't happen to drive a white ute do you?

I heard on the grapevine that Bendi will be extended in the near future as well.:eagerness:

kemmis

Likes Dirt
Ah I miss kentlyn, miss riding for that matter. hopefully have a bike again later this year and see you guys out there.

yeahyeah

Likes Dirt
I miss riding out their to since my bike got stolen! But now I run the tracks instead, which is just as fun as riding them lol.
Saw the builder out their one time doing some work on the XC track, keep up the good work so myself and fellow mates can keep up our x country running!

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Ah I miss kentlyn, miss riding for that matter. hopefully have a bike again later this year and see you guys out there.
I miss riding out their to since my bike got stolen! But now I run the tracks instead, which is just as fun as riding them lol.
Saw the builder out their one time doing some work on the XC track, keep up the good work so myself and fellow mates can keep up our x country running!
Both of you need to get yourselves a bike soon and we can catch up out there. I'll have heaps of time over Christmas when I'm on holidays. I've ridden once in about the last 4-5 months.

Newts

Likes Dirt
Both of you need to get yourselves a bike soon and we can catch up out there. I'll have heaps of time over Christmas when I'm on holidays. I've ridden once in about the last 4-5 months.

Camera or bike? When you become a professional photographer, you will be able to ride when ever your want.:clap2:

FYI - the step down and road gap take off have been tidied up after a year of wear and tear