Official kentlyn thread

jeffro75

Likes Bikes
Riding Kentlyn this Saturday from the corner of Old Kent Rd & Darling Ave.

Will be riding about 18-20kms medium pace (faster if you want) and taking in BENDI & THE ROCK TRAIL and the inbetween bits.

Leaving at 9am for anyone interested. Weather doesn't matter but Kentlyn has sand, and in the rain, it gets sticky.

'WolfCreekPhsyco' sorry buddy that I've been a bit slack on Bendi lately, but I'm old. As the Comic Book Guy said there is work getting done at Bendi.

PS: Crank1979 knows every bit. So the bits he knows,"That's all there is".
Dam I only have time for a short ride on Sat. Oh well next time.

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
'WolfCreekPhsyco' sorry buddy that I've been a bit slack on Bendi lately, but I'm old. As the Comic Book Guy said there is work getting done at Bendi.
I think you have earnt the right to do what you like when you like out there with regard to trail maintenance. :)
I'll PM you in advance when im heading down to catch up for a ride.

SuchisLife

Likes Dirt
If no-one puts a ride up before I do, you're welcome to come along on my next ride out there and I'll show you the bits I know.
Crank if I could throw my hat into the ring for an invite to said guided tour. I have ridden Camden and mt Annan a few times but wish to expand my track knowledge. I'm happy for a weekend ride or afternoon during the week. I would go on the ride this sat but already have a love job planned.

Newts

Likes Dirt
Riding Kentlyn this Saturday from the corner of Old Kent Rd & Darling Ave.

Will be riding about 18-20kms medium pace (faster if you want) and taking in BENDI & THE ROCK TRAIL and the inbetween bits.

Leaving at 9am for anyone interested. Weather doesn't matter but Kentlyn has sand, and in the rain, it gets sticky.

Was heading out for a ride of the XC loops this weekend until I ruptured my lower abs on Wednesday.....waiting to go to Dr to see if it is a hernia

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Kentlyn this morning

All Trails are in good condition. Bendi is riding well and the new bits are bedding in. Tried to ride the new early bit of Bendi but it is not connected yet.
Triple log rollover will be good when finished. Comic Book Guy is right this trail is hard for non locals to find. If we make it too easy the Motos will wreck it.
The Downhill run at the end of Bendi was an easy ride today.(even for an old bloke).
No water is being held by the tracks and my bike was still clean at the end.
Busy down at The Rock Trail.
Bendi + The Rock Trail & the bits between , make for a good 20km ride.

EastsideZero

Likes Dirt
Was heading out for a ride of the XC loops this weekend until I ruptured my lower abs on Wednesday.....waiting to go to Dr to see if it is a hernia
Ouch ! Thats no good Newts. Hope it doesn't keep you down long mate.

Anyway i've been walking to and from work for the past few weeks trying to get some fitness back so i can come out again. Sitting on your arse at work all day and eating takeaway does nothing for your fitness.
At least i can fit into my riding gear now, so hopefully i might be able to get out with you guys soon. (if i can remember how to ride, haven't ridden in 12 months, probably twice in the two years before that.) Should be good for a laugh at least.

Cheers, Mat.

mtboer

Likes Dirt
The Rock Trail - Kentlyn

All sand now gone and trail is riding well, as is BENDI. Bendi still has a little sand, caution.

I am out there 1-2 times a week on a giant trance (black / red). If you see me, let me know and I am happy to show you around

Rarely see anyone out there. On Sunday saw a group of 4 (two older guys and two kids). One of the kids was riding an old mtb (kmart style with rim brakes) and his rear wheel looked like a taco. Assumed he tackled the mini-DH as he was wearing a 661 full face.

SuchisLife

Likes Dirt
Looking at heading out to kentlyn on Saturday with another couple of blokes to see what's out there, looking at trailflix there seems to be 2 tracks out there, Minto heights and kentlyn, my question is, is the Munro heights section worth doing, from what the description on TF says it is nice flowing ST what's everyone opinion on this section of trail. Also will have a MTB noob with us, is he going to handle it ok?

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looking at heading out to kentlyn on Saturday with another couple of blokes to see what's out there, looking at trailflix there seems to be 2 tracks out there, Minto heights and kentlyn, my question is, is the Munro heights section worth doing, from what the description on TF says it is nice flowing ST what's everyone opinion on this section of trail. Also will have a MTB noob with us, is he going to handle it ok?
Yeah, it's OK for a newbie, just need to take it easy in some sections. The whole area is worth doing. I'll PM you some up-to-date info so you can find your way around.

Cheers,
CBG.

Trailflix is pretty out of date on Kentlyn. The Newman road starting point is quite technical, much more rutted out and loose than a few years ago, certainly not newbie friendly. But if you like a challenge it is good fun to practice on.

Better starting point is Peter Meadows road near the creek which puts you right in the middle of the area.

Guessing detailed info on trail locations shouldn't be posted so PM if you want more info before riding

SuchisLife

Likes Dirt
Yeah, it's OK for a newbie, just need to take it easy in some sections. The whole area is worth doing. I'll PM you some up-to-date info so you can find your way around.

Cheers,
CBG.
Cheers CBG, had a look, will probably hit the smaller loop first on sat and see how we go. Is bendi the trail that runs from Peter meadows rd to old Kent rd?

Andrew Bell

Cannon Fodder
bendi

been riding the rock trail and some of the other tracks around it. havent ventured on the ruse side of peter meadows yet. i have heard of this bendi trail, love to know where it starts/finishes

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Bendi & The Rock Trail

CBG is right Bendi is really clean and riding well now. Nice Big Trail Fairy up that way.
The Hairy Fairy of The Rock Trail has done his bit too,it is riding well.

The two best places to park are: Corner of Darling & Old Kent at Ruse end or Boronia Road at Kentlyn end.
Be good to the neighbours they are awesome.