Official kentlyn thread

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Gentlemen,

Heading to Canberra early tomorrow morning, much too do today. No time for riding unfortunately. Will try to drop by at 4:30 just to say g'day.

Cheers,
CBG.

Andrew Bell

Cannon Fodder
guidance needed

hey, ive been riding around kentlyn of late, rock trail and old DH runs, but have only just started to explore other side of peter meadows..
ive found bendi trail, but is there a better way of getting to it than taking on that rocky climb on the fire trail.??

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Guidance needed.

hey, ive been riding around kentlyn of late, rock trail and old DH runs, but have only just started to explore other side of peter meadows..
ive found bendi trail, but is there a better way of getting to it than taking on that rocky climb on the fire trail.??
You missed a good ride FRIDAY arvo
Heading South from Peter Meadows you can go right to an open (blackberry) paddock and head up a hill and ride to Darling Road (dirt section).
You can then cross the Creek to join up with BENDI. Last left turn before Darling road gate.This way is also techy but rideable.
The other way would be to walk up the downhill runs at the end of Bendi. If you take the Western track you only need to walk about 50 metres and then ride a loop of 3km including Bendi.
And come back down the other downhill run to continue on back to Peter Meadows Road (north).

Enjoy the ride.

SuchisLife

Likes Dirt
Just putting the word out there I have all of march off work and will have tue, wed, Thursday's free so if anyone wants to ride kentlyn during the day drop me a line.

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Kentlyn Tuesday morning rides in March

Just putting the word out there I have all of march off work and will have tue, wed, Thursday's free so if anyone wants to ride kentlyn during the day drop me a line.
G'Day Ned Kelly,
I could ride from 8:45am on Tuesdays in March if interested. I'm old but not too slow. X-Country is my only like.
I like to start from Boronia or even Darling/Old Kent. Anything up to about 3 hours is okay.
Bob

SuchisLife

Likes Dirt
G'Day Ned Kelly,
I could ride from 8:45am on Tuesdays in March if interested. I'm old but not too slow. X-Country is my only like.
I like to start from Boronia or even Darling/Old Kent. Anything up to about 3 hours is okay.
Bob
Hey Bob, Sounds like a plan, I will fit in with whatever you like to ride as I don't really know the area, I am not old but I am also not fast. How does 5th march sound?

mtboer

Likes Dirt
5th March 8:45 Boronia Road

Hey Bob, Sounds like a plan, I will fit in with whatever you like to ride as I don't really know the area, I am not old but I am also not fast. How does 5th march sound?
Tuesday 5th March 8:45am @ Boronia Road. See you there.
Bob

Filthyfrother

Likes Bikes
Forgotten shoes

Hi guys.. I left a pair of shimano SPD shoes at the Baronia rd gate about 2hrs ago. If anyone comes across them could you please grab them and pm me or even hide them and let me know
where they are.. Thanks heaps!! Azz..

SuchisLife

Likes Dirt
What where the trails like, much damage after the storms? I'm thinking of heading out there in the morning, I'll have a scout around for them if no one grabs them for you first.

Filthyfrother

Likes Bikes
What where the trails like, much damage after the storms? I'm thinking of heading out there in the morning, I'll have a scout around for them if no one grabs them for you first.
Trail wasn't bad! Especially up high, it had drained quite well and the ground was surprisingly solid. I cut a few drain gutters on the few pooling areas I came across around the XC track and had to move some branches here and there but it rode quite ok! A few sections have copped a bit of erosion from the rain but nothing unexpected. A lot of water still down by the creek in some sections..

If your desperate for a ride before the next storm As i was, i would say it is fine. Just avoid the creek if you don't want to punish your driveline..

I think I left the shoes pretty much in the middle of the road. Duh!! At least that's where I took them off. That would be great if you can have a look. Thanks!

They are almost on their last legs anyway, so it's not the end of the world. But It would be helpful if I got them back..

SuchisLife

Likes Dirt
Cheers for the update, nothing worse than losing the old faithfulls. At this stage it looks like I'll get out there tomorrow so I'll post up my findings or not, whichever is the case.