Official kentlyn thread

The Rocky Trail is riding really well. Was out there before 7 this morning and was very smooth.

Explored some of the DH runs, plenty of others about later in the morning.

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Heres the line that I've been riding, can't wait for some rain so that I can build up those berms a bit:
[video=vimeo;76485265]https://vimeo.com/76485265[/video]
Good to see my old line getting some new love. I built S&L over 4 months while on LS leave 5 yrs ago.
Alot of the old timber work was removed thanks to some vandals. I like the link that's been made to join up with other lines. Perhaps the old 8 foot drop below where you stopped needs to be rebuilt at some stage.

jeffro75

Likes Bikes
Wow I can't believe it's been 4mths since I've been here last! Rode this afternoon and really enjoyed it like always! Has there been extra added on the rock trail in this time cause it feels like a couple more really flowy bits? It's riding really nice and I cleared all the webs for the 2 other riders I met that came after me!
I'm thinking of taking ear plugs next time Lol! The cicadas are unbelievable!

mtboer

Likes Dirt
The Rock Trail

Hey Jeffro75, The Rock Trail is now 6.85km it was 5.8km. Maccas'Run is 660metres and Echidna Diggings about 400m.
Will get to 7kms next Winter and then better berms etc. Enjoy the Trail and explore the Downhill as there are a few guys working on that too.
Bendi has had an extension also. Kentlyn is coming back to life, like the great Downhill guys of 4-5 years ago.

jeffro75

Likes Bikes
I thought it was longer. Love how there are longer flowing sections!! Some more berms will be great.
I also rode the before and the start of crank it. Its my 1st time jumping off jumps like that, they are great to learn on.
I need to find that old line in Craigs's video and give it a go. Its look like fun!!

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Ride Line

Crank It runs to the Left (It splits after the Fireroad crossing).
I Think-Magic Carpet is Straight Ahead
Next 3rd from Left, is Snakes & Ladders ( The Line you are looking for).
And Right is Cannonball Run

Correct me guys if I'm wrong, as I'm old and sometimes forget.

jeffro75

Likes Bikes

Thanks, im sure it wont be hard to find. Im thinking you are right with the 3rd left.

jeffro75

Likes Bikes
Here is my short video of the start of Crank It.

[video=youtube;jcwB0yIhphI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcwB0yIhphI[/video]

Last edited:

Newts

Likes Dirt

The runs used to be as follows from Trail Head

Trail head Left;
Crank it

Trail head Straight;
1st split - ran right and left
Right - Roller coaster? Which was all the wood work that links up to Crank it

Left - splits agains
Left - Road gap (which also split after road gap but were not names)
Centre - Magic Carpet
Right - ?? (berm into step down, into step up onto the rock and down to the creek) where the video above runs finishes.

Trail Head Right

Cannon Ball (runs right all the way to the bottom of the gully)

1st split - left
Snakes and Ladders, the 3 jumps, (the missing ski jump), jump (video goes straight as above) and then turned right into the 7ft ladder drop and then the huge tower

I understand that S&L now splits right at the 4th jump and heads into the valley

2nd split - left
?? - had the 4ft rock drop

3rd split - left
?? - ran into the gully

4th split - left (just before the stepdown drop)
?? - was just a split line into Cannonball

Might need to get the bikes back out Craig

Last edited:

drew12341

Likes Bikes
Good to see my old line getting some new love. I built S&L over 4 months while on LS leave 5 yrs ago.
Alot of the old timber work was removed thanks to some vandals. I like the link that's been made to join up with other lines. Perhaps the old 8 foot drop below where you stopped needs to be rebuilt at some stage.
Hey Craig - yeah it gets pretty bad after where I stopped, not that gnarly but just rutted and lots of rocks that can ruin rims and derailleurs. I'm hoping to try and make something of it, maybe just a chute. I only use rock/dirt so I'm a bit limited with options there.

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Yep Jinxed It

Just an hour later it went mad.
Going for a run there this morning. RUN.
Will report back about 11am.

mtboer

Likes Dirt
The Rock Trail - Condition

Still in good condition. Watch the Black Soil on the Flat Corners. Tokyo Drift.
Track is clean of sticks, the scourge of the previous dry weather.

drew12341

Likes Bikes
Kentlyn is really rocky and sandy, it can take so much rain but still be quite rideable. Makes it a bit hard to build though! Wednesday arvo will be nice and dry i reckon, lucky you

Filthyfrother

Likes Bikes
Drew.. Are you doing the work on Snakes & Ladders??
I dont know if your still building up the landers and making the gaps bigger, but those first three jumps were the best gaps out there. Im trying to be diplomatic here and i know you are putting in a lot of work, but it might have been nice to post it on here before you tore them apart.. Three good fun jumps with nice landings that just needed a little love and attention.. Now its just huck to flat.. If your building for DH bikes, then at least make the features worthy of it and build big. All you have done there is ruin the best features that still remained of that trail..
Its great that your digging out there and dont get me wrong, i look forward to what you come up with, but it seems a shame that those jumps werent given a little bit of love and kept as part of your new plans..
Is that how its going to stay or have you got more planed for those landers?

Last edited:

drew12341

Likes Bikes
Hey - huck to flat? Ive actually been working on building those landers up! I havent been out there for a while, let me check it out and get back to you. They were in pretty bad condition when i first saw them. Im tryin to keep the track as user friendly as possible for everyone, not turn it into a huckfest

drew12341

Likes Bikes
Just to clarify: im not the only person thats working on that line, there are a few others also doing things. I dont know these other people. Please if you see something stupid on the line dont assume i was involved

Filthyfrother

Likes Bikes
Mate, all good.. Have just been out there and saw that you have built them up. We did like them the way they were, but your doing the digging, so ultimately it's up to you. I guess trails will always change with time, and that's not a bad thing.. Forget about my earlier post, your doing a good job. See you out there!