Official kentlyn thread

Jado

Likes Dirt
This is the drop, first runs over it after the reopening.

[video=youtube_share;zzhUXHKaAek]https://youtu.be/zzhUXHKaAek[/video]

Jado

Likes Dirt
Yep, sure is more chance of vandals and motorbikes and druggies and that was the last place I saw the mad russian.
What does the mad Russian look like, I've seen a guy who from a distance appeared Russian, didn't know he was mad though. :spy: :shocked:

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What does the mad Russian look like, I've seen a guy who from a distance appeared Russian, didn't know he was mad though. :spy: :shocked:
I wouldn't get too worried, I haven't seen the mad russian for a few years now. You do get a few people camped in the bush around here but it is not as common as some bush areas closer to Scrambletown.

CBG.

Newts

Likes Dirt
Newts, that's the track has been cleaned up and reopened. It's goes left at the cliff top along and joins Bob's old goat trail, we cut and man handled a 100 tonne fallen tree blocking the trail to get that part open. The whole trail has been dubbed A Ridge Too Far.

You should get there and ride it, it forms a great loop, after A Ridge Too Far go into 6 Bridges, then up the hill and back along other ridge called Ridgeback Rampage, brings you out at Pole To Creek trail.
Busy this weekend with kids netball both days... and also a gathering at the RSL for the old folks dance party on Saturday night..

Should be free in 2 weekends to dust of the old steed and get my fitness on

mtboer

Likes Dirt
He's thin, about 5'8" and his name is Vladimir.

Appears quite weird but polite. He cleans up rubbish and burns it in the bush.
I was riding up there with a Police mate and we saw his fire and he knew about Vladimir.

He also camps out like CBG said and is armed to fight the Minto Monster or the Panther.
But friendly each time I've spoken to him.

I really don't think he is to blame, for all the woodwork damage, of a couple of years ago.

He mostly frequents the Bendi area, but I have spoken to him in the Six Bridges area.

mtboer

Likes Dirt
A bit of traffic on The Rock Trail last night around 7:30pm.

Great riding through the tunnel of light at night.

Mattl

Likes Dirt
Great work on the new ridge trails, I rode them for the 1st time today & they add some more flow to one of Sydneys best tech xc loops with the Rock Trail & 6 Bridges. They seem as weather proof as the rest of the local trail network too. I've never seen Kentlyn as busy as it was today though with over 20 cars parked in Boronia Rd when we arrived and 3 Ambo's leaving with one rider who went otb on one of the Crankin jumps. Hopefully the locals are not bothered by the increasing trail use.

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Hopefully the locals are not bothered by the increasing trail use.
Have spoken to both the owners and they are okay. BUT, don't park on the soft grass that is wet and soggy, was the theme.
They are great people up there, we are lucky. It was also very clean for the numbers there, virtually nothing.

Also the increased use is mainly due to the other trails being closed.

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
CBG that area up top is as big as The Rock Trail. Ben Brand had a trail in there other than the firetrail years ago.
I think like my group then we used the fireroad to Peter Meadows as an easy ride to recover and talk.
A lot of potential in there. I rode up there scouting for new trail before Rock Trail and broke a Derailleur and also thought that there is more chance there of vandalism of the trail.
Indeed there was a trail in there... well the starting of one and it had some potential indeed. From memory the entry point was up a little gully just as you passed the 3 (or is it 4) big trees in the the middle of the trail.

It has been YEARS since I have ridden Kentlyn so glad to see that its still going strong.. will get back there one of these days Bob!

Timoth

Squid
Found

I found a pair of new looking, orange, Fox gloves on the road at Kentlyn this evening. Let me know if they're yours.

mtboer

Likes Dirt
I found a pair of new looking, orange, Fox gloves on the road at Kentlyn this evening. Let me know if they're yours.
If they are orange full finger they are Bob The Builders. Thanks in advance Tim.
Was there with my daughter till about 4:40pm Had them on the Guard of my trailer under my Water bag.

Newts

Likes Dirt
Indeed there was a trail in there... well the starting of one and it had some potential indeed. From memory the entry point was up a little gully just as you passed the 3 (or is it 4) big trees in the the middle of the trail.

It has been YEARS since I have ridden Kentlyn so glad to see that its still going strong.. will get back there one of these days Bob!
Whoa, WCP, I remember you taking Craig and myself for our first tours of Kentlyn when you had the Banshee

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Whoa, WCP, I remember you taking Craig and myself for our first tours of Kentlyn when you had the Banshee
WCP gee he must be in his 80s by now. I think he got hit in the head by that old bloke with a shovel and a glint in his eye.

Timoth

Squid
If they are orange full finger they are Bob The Builders. Thanks in advance Tim.
Was there with my daughter till about 4:40pm Had them on the Guard of my trailer under my Water bag.
I think that I PM'd you, but I'm not sure it went through.
It'll be weekend after this before I'm out your way. I can post the gloves or bring then.