Official kentlyn thread

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It was longer, with more variety and some excellent quality trail already in place. A little bit of work would go a long way with what we explored today.

It could almost be done as a shuttle type ride linking the closest train stations.

SuchisLife

Likes Dirt
Sounding like a great option, hopefully it gets endorsed, if there is already a lot of prebuilt trail who built it and why has it not been known to people before? Are they old motorbike tracks?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

mtboer

Likes Dirt
The OLD guys know them Damo. There is a lot of fireroads and lots of bits of single track.
Been riding them since 1995 but have been busy the last few years at T?? R??? T????

Last edited:

SuchisLife

Likes Dirt
Might have to organise a guided tour one day bob, I grew up in glenfield and i reckon i know where they start but buggered if i could get there by bush.
Riding kentlyn tomorrow at 530am if your awake.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Dirt Art have released their 2016 Mountain Bike Market Profile Survey Data Report.

It's worthwhile having a read and might give you some ideas if you'd like to contact Councillor Meg Oates regarding her proposed Glenfield to Wedderburn MTB trail.

Councillor Oates is working to meet with interested parties in early February. If you would like to be involved make sure you sign the petition and email Cr Oates a nice letter of support. Sharing the petition is good too!

https://www.change.org/p/meg-oates-...l-proposal-by-campbelltown-councillor-m-oates

https://www.dropbox.com/s/93cve3i5b...rvey Data Report - Dirt Art Pty Ltd.pdf?dl=0#

I know a few people are out scouting trail options. It would be good for everyone to meet up for a ride and explore at some stage.

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Walked The Rock Trail this morning and all is clear to ride.
A little water and a few slippery corners but all good.

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Was out around Bendi area on Thursday.

Large branch down just after the creek crossing before you start climbing up towards Bendi on the Darling Ave track. Large enough to ride under so no action required.

Tree down on the loops after the forest section on the first half of Bendi. May have to divert around as the branch is a fair size and is off the ground.

And a branch has fallen near the end of Bendi. Not on the track as such but you could still hit it if going fast. Will clean it up when i get a chance.

Did a bit of clearing/making drains to get the standing water away but in general the area is good at the moment.

CBG.

Last edited:

Jado

Likes Dirt
Tree down on six bridges

I was hoping to get back with my chain saw, but didn't get a chance. its small enough for a hand saw but its wedged tight and can't be lifted out.

mtboer

Likes Dirt
The Rock Trail riding well with 3 laps on Sunday morning.
Troy's Jump is cleaned up now after some sabotage.

mtb1611

Seymour
Did just under 2 hours at Kentlyn yesterday, what a great track! Thanks Mtboer for all the work you do (we had a chat at the new "easy for a 13 year old" drop!), you're an absolute gentleman.

Only thing that worries me is the volume of vehicles parked on Boronia Rd; gotta say if I lived there I wouldn't be too chuffed......what to do....?

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Only thing that worries me is the volume of vehicles parked on Boronia Rd; gotta say if I lived there I wouldn't be too chuffed......what to do....?
The locals Craig with the big fence and Bill with the tennis court are just top blokes.

They don't have a problem at all. Nice if some don't park on the wet grass though.

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ffs

I was out for a walk this afternoon so I headed over to the Bendi area.

Walking along the Lower Track I stopped to see how much water was in the old farm dam on the creek. As I was standing on a big rock just off the track (about half way along) looking down to the dam I noticed a f'ing arrow embedded several metres up a tree. FFS, now we have to contend with archers running around the place.

Anyway, if you are in the Bendi area make some noise as you ride along or you could get a surprise.

CBG.

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Hi Burners, I ran around The Rock Trail on Monday morning and cleaned all the debris from the storms.
There is still a small tree down after Rhiannon's Loop but I got it to the ground so you can roll over it. Will fix it soon.
There was some water to contend with but it will be gone quick.

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
We had a bad storm on Wednesday. I went out today and cleared a tree that had fallen over on Bendi. Rest of area is good.

Bob,
The running group that used the Bendi area on the weekend put out some signs warning that runners were in the area. Next time you see the nice lady from the running group can you thank her putting the signs out, that was a great idea.

CBG.