Official kentlyn thread

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
During a recent computer rebuild I lost some of my OSM data. Which included all the recent stuff I had done around the area. No idea when I can get out to redo the mapping.

CBG.

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Secateurs snapped today whilst doing some maintenance work on one of the tracks that cross the creek. Now I've got to find my old ones. Crap.

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Danger on the Trails

Just a word of warning for those using the Downhill area.
Some degenerate/vandal low life is putting sharpened spears in between the gaps on the gap jumps.
I did a reccy run through them this morning and all is okay.
It would be worth doing a ride through for the next few months just to make sure.

The Rock Trail has had a lot of damage from Motos (2 guys in particular) on Monday & Tuesday.
It has all been repaired. Was reported to Police on Monday but they had moved on 5 minutes before the Police got there.
tytytytytyt.JPG

The tip from Police is to not confront but to take photos of bikes and gear and that helps to identify them.
And photos of any boobytraps to show Police to help convict if they get caught.

The 2 incidents are unrelated but both are dangerous if not aware.
Ride safe guys.

mtboer

Likes Dirt
The Rock Trail

The Rock Trail is all clean.
The Rollover that was Go Pro Go Low, will have some work done on it but is okay to roll.

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
RFS plan to do a really big hazard reduction burn this weekend. The area is from the retirement village (behind the primary school) all the way around to Airds.

This shouldn't affect most people who ride Kentlyn as it is not close to the various single tracks but I just thought I would post it here in case anyone is thinking of also riding the fire trails along the river.

CBG.

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There is an out of control bushfire burning around Waratah Rd (south of the Rock Trail). I would definitely stay away from the trails between PM road and the Rock Trail area.

Fire shouldn't affect the Rock Trail but may be a good idea to stay away from the area for today at least.

CBG.

ButterFleshWound

Cannon Fodder
is this still the place to discuss kentlyn?
I'm often there and really appreciate the work people do and wonder what/if I can help out. Someone started to have a go at Knobhead it looks like though the berms don't work as yet

There also appears to be an encampment off the left of Crankit and the firetrail, never seen anyone there and not keen to approach it either.

Cheers,

b

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
is this still the place to discuss kentlyn?
Yes it is.

Someone started to have a go at Knobhead it looks like though the berms don't work as yet
The ground is so dry at the moment that the berms everywhere are breaking up. Until we get some rain and it firms the ground up there will be problems.

There also appears to be an encampment off the left of Crankit and the firetrail, never seen anyone there and not keen to approach it either.
There are people living rough in the local bushland. They seem to come and go over time. Best just to leave them alone as there is a good chance they will move on.

Easiest way to help out is if you find something broken then fix it.

Cheers,
CBG.

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thought I would mention this here. Aldi at Minto has all their bike stuff marked down to clear. Some bargains to be had.

CBG.

mxh

Likes Dirt
With all the rain on the north side of Sydney I'm thinking of heading south for a ride - Kentlyn always seemed to hold up to the weather well, and there seems to have been less rain there recently.

Anyone been over there this week - how's it looking?

gippyz

Likes Dirt
With all the rain on the north side of Sydney I'm thinking of heading south for a ride - Kentlyn always seemed to hold up to the weather well, and there seems to have been less rain there recently.

Anyone been over there this week - how's it looking?
Kentlyn always drains well. It should hold up quite well. The 7 bridges section can be a bit wetter than others, but won’t be to the point of complete saturation I don’t think.