Official Old Mans Valley MTB Park - Hornsby

Just a suggestion. I think the council should put in a water bubbler, shaded/gazebo area with some bbqs where you guys have your current lunch area once the whole project is done. Would be a nice finish to a ride.

FINX74

Likes Dirt
your right

Just a suggestion. I think the council should put in a water bubbler, shaded/gazebo area with some bbqs where you guys have your current lunch area once the whole project is done. Would be a nice finish to a ride.
Yes the club has that planned for that area - all the timber at the side of the container is for a structure over the seats - etc...

jrewing

Eats Squid
Its not to do with them being worn out its to do with getting them up to an IMBA approved standard before they can be open to the public.
I agree they're not worn out..

Just playing on the irony that the majority of Sydney mtb'ers have been all over it thinking its open, when really it was never actually open. Humorous I think

dottyman

Likes Dirt
...and a jacuzzi, swedish masseuse, frequent riders lounge, bike wash station, gel dispenser, and beer keg.

Shame the track is closed, though I understand the boxes council has to tick. I guess i'll have to make do in Rotorua for a week or so

Trigger02

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Great idea, The kids can get the BBQ ready, It is a family orientated sport. I mean you can have a BBQ at any other council park

Trigger02

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I agree they're not worn out..

Just playing on the irony that the majority of Sydney mtb'ers have been all over it thinking its open, when really it was never actually open. Humorous I think
Nah Not really, Not humorous at all i reckon. Very happy about it.

nikmcc

Likes Dirt
I'm just stoked with the track, that's all I need :D

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Jezza K

Likes Dirt
I'm among those that thought these trails were open and have been out there a couple of times. I'm happy to keep off for a few weeks. So much work has gone into these tracks. I'm super impressed with the quality of the work. These trails are so much fun!

Ja-Mez

Likes Dirt
been out 3 times... definitely notice the amount of wear its had over the past couple weeks.. but hopefully a little more rain settles in it a bit during the 2nd section... AWESOME track, great work by all those involved. how fortunate i am to enjoy what others help build for all of us to enjoy... i need to give more back and will keep an eye out.. im now in cherrybrook so this is prob my closest trail.. that i know of for now!

ChopSticks

Banned
been out 3 times... definitely notice the amount of wear its had over the past couple weeks.. but hopefully a little more rain settles in it a bit during the 2nd section... AWESOME track, great work by all those involved. how fortunate i am to enjoy what others help build for all of us to enjoy... i need to give more back and will keep an eye out.. im now in cherrybrook so this is prob my closest trail.. that i know of for now!
James! I'll show you some trails in West Penno :)

Strange

Cannon Fodder
I haven't had the chance to see these trails for myself but from what I've read they sound awesome! Can't wait till it's officially open.

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I rode the trail the other week and it's heaps of fun! Congrats to the builders as they have done an awesome job!

For those of you that aren't aware this track was funded by Council through ratepayers, so it was good to see a few non-riders at the trail head and having a look at the map, a middle aged couple asked me if the track was fun and of course I replied "it's great, lots of fun!" I think the ratepayer would like to see their $ used in a positive way and I see this track nothing but a good thing!

I'm waiting in anticipation for the official opening date! :)

BT180

Max Pfaff
Official opening date has been set at midday on Saturday the 2nd of Feb (posted on the Hornsby Council Facebook page).

markb84

Likes Dirt
Fantastic, can't wait to get back down there. The rain this week should aid compaction a bit hopefully and see away some of that dust!

whitey89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Less than a week to go till opening. Here is the official teaser edit, get stoked!

[video=youtube;6psyekfgngs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6psyekfgngs[/video]