Official Old Mans Valley MTB Park - Hornsby

whitey89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Last edited:

wengji

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Great idea, have to say Snorc, synergy trails and Hornsby council have done a great job. Cant wait for the stage two

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
Travelling south to ride the trail for the first time next weekend. Can't wait, looks awesome in the video footage floating around.

jars121

Likes Bikes
Subbing too :)

I went for my first ride in 5 or so years today on a mate's Glory, I can't remember the last time I had that much fun! I can't wait to tackle this track, I've heard/read nothing but good things!

Wot the

Just read on NobMob

OMV is NOW CLOSED for 3 weeks

Submitted by Winco on Sat, 12/01/2013 - 14:19

OMV is NOW CLOSED for 3 weeks until the official opening takes place. This is the official council notice.

Hornsby Shire Council
Information Notice 11.01.2013

The Hornsby Mountain Bike Trail official opening is proposed to take place in around 3 weeks time.

DANGER
Until the trail is officially opened, workers may be present on the trail and have right of way. Public use of this trail is currently NOT PERMITTED.

REGARDS - SNORC

Clarification in from Council Officer this morning regarding the status of Old Mans Valley trails. "It isn't just the beginner loop that is closed.... OMV trails is still a construction site, and not officially open because of the following: Tree lopping works required in some long sections of the Blue loop, some more trail signage and safety issues to finalise, sign offs by Safety Manager, Contractor and Project Manager." That's why the recent sign indicates the official opening won't be till about end Jan. - Noel
From SNORC..... :pout:

whitey89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah hey guys,

The trail was never actually open in the first place. Please hold off riding the trail and respect the signage until further notice. This is basically because the trail is not 100% finished and until the official sign-off on IMBA standards there is a problem with insurance from councils end.

We are in constant contact with council and will keep you posted with any updates.

This is from the council:
"It isn't just the beginner loop that is closed.... OMV trails is still a construction site, and not officially open because of the following: Tree lopping works required in some long sections of the Blue loop, some more trail signage and safety issues to finalise, sign offs by Safety Manager, Contractor and Project Manager." - Hornsby Council

Cheers and apologies for the inconvenience but hopefully it will be good in a few weeks.

Whitey

Last edited:

nikmcc

Likes Dirt
Yeah hey guys,

The trail was never actually open in the first place. Please hold off riding the trail and respect the signage until further notice. This is basically because the trail is not 100% finished and until the official sign-off on IMBA standards there is a problem with insurance from councils end.

We are in constant contact with council and will keep you posted with any updates.

This is from the council:
"It isn't just the beginner loop that is closed.... OMV trails is still a construction site, and not officially open because of the following: Tree lopping works required in some long sections of the Blue loop, some more trail signage and safety issues to finalise, sign offs by Safety Manager, Contractor and Project Manager." - Hornsby Council

Cheers and apologies for the inconvenience but hopefully it will be good in a few weeks.

Whitey

Thanks for the update.

Yeah,I noticed the other week the sign said closed to public, but everyone was riding, so I figured someone just forgot to remove the sign...

Oh well, it's worth the wait :)

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

FINX74

Likes Dirt
Attention...

Its not to do with them being worn out its to do with getting them up to an IMBA approved standard before they can be open to the public.
To clarify.... the trails at OMV are all well within and up to IMBA guidelines, the trails are not worn out... Synergy Trails are completing more work there Including the green loop, we are adding more rock retaining walls to widen some parts of the trails to almost double the required width of blue graded trail for IMBA Guidelines... Synergy Trails has gone above and beyond all requirements and restrictions within this project.

The signage needs to be finalized by council, and due to the unexpected popularity of the trails in Hornsby the official opening has been brought forward to the end of stage 1. This requires a lot of planning and ticking all the right boxes throughout many different departments within Hornsby Council.

Please have patience and stay off the trails. A big opening Day is being planned with a many different things happening on the day.
Adrian.