Official Old Mans Valley MTB Park - Hornsby

doctr-dan

Likes Bikes
Harminator/Nobinator!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Call it a childish comment but no more childish than the bulk of your reply to foxpuppet. Especially your dig about nice utes/vw vans.
If you had half a clue you would not have made such a comment.

Shame really because your first sentence was the making of a positive/working together reply.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Harminator/Nobinator!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Call it a childish comment but no more childish than the bulk of your reply to foxpuppet. Especially your dig about nice utes/vw vans.
If you had half a clue you would not have made such a comment.

Shame really because your first sentence was the making of a positive/working together reply.
Now now Doctr Dan... No need for name calling! You working tomorrow? Ride in the morning if the rain hasn't hit?

doctr-dan

Likes Bikes
As for a ride, I'm keen to try out my new gear but I've got a family day on the cards. If anything changes ill let you know.
Cool pictures by the way

ChopSticks

Banned
Banjo!
i have a mate keen on riding tonight again.... Can you make it? I'll be there again at 6:15 ... He should be there earlier

............assuming it doesn't get washed out

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Banjo!
i have a mate keen on riding tonight again.... Can you make it? I'll be there again at 6:15 ... He should be there earlier

............assuming it doesn't get washed out
Nah ill be driving up the coast. I was thinking of today sometime, but I might just do a local Berowra loop. Got to GPS log some trails for that NPWS survey.

markb84

Likes Dirt
Looks like you cased the landing a little in that last but one photo chopsticks, bit of a bottom out pic and your rear tyre is all but touching the rim!

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Looks like you cased the landing a little in that last but one photo chopsticks, bit of a bottom out pic and your rear tyre is all but touching the rim!
we had to walk out after that as that impact tore a hole in the sidewall and neither of us had a tube on us (in the car but doesn't help much)
it was sweet to get a shot of it though.

markb84

Likes Dirt
we had to walk out after that as that impact tore a hole in the sidewall and neither of us had a tube on us (in the car but doesn't help much)
it was sweet to get a shot of it though.
Ok, I get why he had to walk but why would you?! (Actually haad the same thing happen to me a few weeks ago and was very glad to have my mate walk back with me instead of riding off, it was a long walk)

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Ok, I get why he had to walk but why would you?! (Actually haad the same thing happen to me a few weeks ago and was very glad to have my mate walk back with me instead of riding off, it was a long walk)
i was already a lap up and it was nice to walk a talk bikes. Chops is helping with drivetrain ideas, so it was a good chance to pick his brain.

plus it was close to dark, wouldn't be right to leave a man down there to get mugged or spooned by a homeless guy now would it ;)

ChopSticks

Banned
Yeppp Cased it good!!! Front and rear!

Got a more robust RR on order with snakeskin...hopefully the
sidewalls will be thicker than the paper thin ones I currently have
The bigger bag of the 2.25 Over the 2.1 should also help

Thanks once again for the awesome photos!!!
and walking back with me

And for the record.... I don't mind cuddles from strange people......

wengji

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeppp Cased it good!!! Front and rear!

Got a more robust RR on order with snakeskin...hopefully the
sidewalls will be thicker than the paper thin ones I currently have
The bigger bag of the 2.25 Over the 2.1 should also help

Thanks once again for the awesome photos!!!
and walking back with me

And for the record.... I don't mind cuddles from strange people......
Did you two hold hands while walking out? Lol

I was down there yesterday morning and man how good is the trail riding!!! I heard some stories of people complaining about the wood work being slippery but yesterday was a dewie morning and we hand no issues. Whats the weather like down in hornsby today?

ChopSticks

Banned
Did you two hold hands while walking out? Lol

I was down there yesterday morning and man how good is the trail riding!!! I heard some stories of people complaining about the wood work being slippery but yesterday was a dewie morning and we hand no issues. Whats the weather like down in hornsby today?
nahhh, I positioned myself directly behind him.............

yehhhh I'm one of those who complained (cracked my helemt when i slid off into a rock)

weather is ...muggy...forcast is for some servre rains

ChopSticks

Banned
Makes sense, I've heard you like taking up the rear....

On a totally u related note, still on for some cycling this evening?

Nahhhh ev
im a giver not a taker :)

Mhmmmmm yehhhh only if the weather holds....not looking good though

Nmag

Likes Dirt
Dear Mr Puppet

I've have news that your efforts are not in vain. I am informed council will be implementing pretty strict controls to ensure the schools minimise impact on other users and stop congregating near the fire trail entrance. For anybody else reading this, people are trying to come up with ways to encourage all people to stop congregating around the fire trail entrance, and to try and congregate down Quarry Rd further, near the trail head (where the sign is). Try to pass on the expectation if you can, by just gentlly saying to people hanging around the fire trail entrance to kind of move on down the road. I'm sure a sign or a massive rotaing lazer beam that can cut your head off if you stand there for 2 minutes, or something would be ideal but... it took more than 4 years to get the trail built, it could take a long time to get a sign put in. Hint.. maybe somebody should just write a polite sign on a bit of corflute (about $10 from Bunnings) with a permanent marker and put it on the fire trail gate with (say) 4 cable ties facing into the park? Sometimes we can sort these things out like this, rather than waiting for council to form a committee that will spend 3 weeks working out the correct wording and getting ti professionally printed, and a team of 3 council blokes in a crew truck completing a risk assessment prior to installation of said sign. See where we ar going with this? Mr Puppet, just get some corflute, or I will. Most people hanging out there would have no idea, it's just like Ourimbah with the house with the horses we are not supposed to park near, took 6 months of a year or something till sings went up from memory.

ChopSticks

Banned
[SUP]You were the trail fairy we talked to yesterday??

Will be sure to gently force people down towards the trail head :p[/SUP]