Official Old Mans Valley MTB Park - Hornsby

willsy01

Eats Squid
Went for a few laps on Sunday.......it's riding really well. Really looking forward to the rest of it being completed.

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Dave, you keen to ride this weekend mate?
Always keen for a cycle, hopefully it won't be this stinking hot.
Even more keen for frosty beverages afterwards. I'm going to try and drag a first timer out as well.

Ev

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Count me in on both counts! And point me in the direction of some if that fancy 'rogue' beer!!

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Count me in on both counts! And point me in the direction of some if that fancy 'rogue' beer!!
Tonnes of Rogue available just a short stroll away from home. If we're boozing I might have to pick you up in the morning and your missus may need to get you.

After a sufficient cycle of course.

Ev

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Tonnes of Rogue available just a short stroll away from home. If we're boozing I might have to pick you up in the morning and your missus may need to get you.

After a sufficient cycle of course.
Negative. Missus away this weekend. I'll just have to allow sufficient time to sober up.
Where you fancy riding? Jubes? OMV? Elsewhere? All of the above?

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Kuring-gai cycles is still there. Same bloke still selling bikes and running the workshop. Can't say I understand the logic behind Hornsby cycles moving location, they said the rent was too high, but surely with a new MTB trail being opened right opposite your store the revenue would go up. They did make mention that online was going to be the way forward for them and selling high end road builds. They do a lot of workshop turnover with roadies, they were even next to a few coffee shops which the roadies seem to love hanging at. I reckon they could have tried and altelier de velo business model. Lounges, coffee, open workshop etc, now they have a tiny store in a dead end industrial street. next to no spares or components or bikes on display or for sale and a workshop the size of an office cubicle. Very strange business model!!!
Hornsby cycles closes its doors tomorrow for good :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Ev

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Still keen Dave
Let me know what suits you and well go from there.. I'm busy Saturday morning but free all arvo, and free most of Sunday.

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Still keein bed with something my little Dave
Let me know what suits you and well go from there.. I'm busy Saturday morning but free all arvo, and free most of Sunday.
Always the way, Im laid up in bed with some bloody cold that was kindly shared with me. Hopefully be right by Sat arvo. Im volunteering at the Bikes4Life day on Sunday but not sure when exactly. I'll give you a call.

Ev

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Always the way, Im laid up in bed with some bloody cold that was kindly shared with me. Hopefully be right by Sat arvo. Im volunteering at the Bikes4Life day on Sunday but not sure when exactly. I'll give you a call.
Let me know yeah.
The old man has decided he wants to check out these trails, so well be out there from around 1130 for a few hrs.

Winco

Likes Bikes
OMV (Hornsby) Volunteer Trailbuilding - Next Monthly Build Day Oct 5, 2013

Monthly trail maintenance of OMV • NEW TRAIL BUILD - STAGE 2!
NEW trail build session is happening on Saturday the 5th October @ 2pm. (always 1st Sat of the month)

Again, a BIG thank you to those who volunteered and turned up on the last maintenance day. We had 15+ turn up and a lot was achieved again. Well done to all!

Here is the programme for the day:

The club (SNORC) will be starting to build some sections of stage 2 in the coming months. This is to help make the money stretch further on the machine built sections to be built next year. Making new trail is pretty cool so keep an eye out for the build days and come along and have a crack at building some new trail. You will also get to meet some of the champions who have been maintaining the trails this year.

This coming trail day, we'll be attacking a new section behind the TAFE, benching some new single trail.

As always make sure you wear sturdy shoes, gloves and a hat, and bring drinking water and a water proof jacket in case of rain plus sunscreen and mozzie stuff to slap on.

We hope you can make it

Winco
SNORC

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Another good turn out and quite a bit done on stage 2, wont be ready for a good while yet though. Good to see a lot of the usual suspects again.

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Has it been that long already? Trail maintenaince day as usual this Saturday from 2pm, the trail needs some attention.

The new section behind the TAFE neefs cutting in and some work around the existing trails as well. Meet on Quarry rd for a 2pm start. Bring sturdy shoes, gloves, a hat and water. See you there.

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Going for a spin with some 'burners before doing maintenance, meeting at the sign on Quarry Rd at 10:30am tomorrow.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Going for a few laps at OMV now it's cooled down a bit. Sorry for the late notice. I'll be on an orange hardtail.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
SNORC posted some pics of riders on the closed trail yesterday. There was a bit of confusion it seems. Thursday the trail was closed due to the total fire ban this was shown on the twitter feed for the trail. On Saturday the twitter feed was changed to open as the fire ban was lifted.... But Sunday morning it was obviously pretty wet. Someone went out and put up the barriers and sign, but again that's not enough for some riders. A bunch of numb nuts chose to climb over the barriers.

Now the perps are complaining that they have been outed. They were photographed along with their cars and plates. Also they Strava'ed their runs.

What do you reckon?

Last edited:

BT180

Max Pfaff
I'm all for naming and shaming. Should happen at MD too. If the perps are complaining that they have been outed, then to me it seems like it's a good way discourage people doing the wrong thing.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
I disagree with putting photos of their cars up on the web, I'm not even sure of the legality of that. Dick move by SNORC if you ask me. I get that they did the wrong thing, but did they actually try and talk to them before posting the photos, or did they just start the witch hunt straight away?

ChopSticks

Banned
I disagree with putting photos of their cars up on the web, I'm not even sure of the legality of that. Dick move by SNORC if you ask me. I get that they did the wrong thing, but did they actually try and talk to them before posting the photos, or did they just start the witch hunt straight away?

Mentioned on snorc's fb thread
should be legal as the cars were parked in a public place?

Speaking of which..... Saw a prick riding a orange HT salsa, driving a golf gti when the trail was closed.......

ChopSticks

Banned

Mentioned on snorc's fb thread
should be legal as the cars were parked in a public place?

Speaking of which..... Saw a prick riding a orange HT salsa, driving a golf gti when the trail was closed....... :p