OK, say some fat knob head has been away from Australia/NSW for a while

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
Bring the porcinated one up to speed on what has changed in Australia, focusing on Sydney in the past 7 years....

The fat stain is a week away from returning to Aus... could of used google, but farkin (oops Rotorburn) is the most trusted fake news outlet in Aus....

The porcinated one...

S

p.s. Please keep your comments more positive than negative, and any political posts will be tea bagged by the fat sweaty (not right now, its ball shriveling cold in Tokyo) nut sack.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Gay marriage is now a thing.

7yrs ago I came of drinking age *thumbs up*

The annondale hotel is no more. :( however the absinthalon is pretty rad in surrey hills. And the midnight special on enmore rd (happy hr is awesome). Two places I like alot when not riding.

Pub food on the whole has gotten alot better. But more costly damnit, no I can’t buy a house because of $30 schnitty’s.

More skate parks and mtb trails are opening up, very good thing.

Im not very politically active so can’t help on that front.

Very broad question so I tried to cover as many bases as I could.

Oh and toll roads have gone up again.

Edit: it’ll always be farkin, regardless f what Scott tried to do with a graphic change

Last edited:

Checkpoint22

Likes Dirt
Not being politically active is doing exactly what some factions of politics want you to do - so you are incredibly politically active through your absence. Deciding not to be part of it is still a very political decision.

Porcine one:
- huge chunks of Melbourne have moved to SE Qld in the last 7 years, where they are all learning to hog the right lane like every other driver in the State.
- the mining boom is over, so all the FIFO truck drivers have to turn back into high school teachers, while wondering where the money went
- the gap between the haves and have nots in Oz is much bigger than when you left, so resentment is growing.
- your health care premiums and Uni fees are rising at double the rate of your pay.
- You better hope you are not Indigenous & remote, cause it’s most likely you will die sick, poor & early (no change from when you left 7 years ago)
- but you are still returning to the best country.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Keeping it positive, the roads of Sydney are relatively quieter after 9pm and before 6am, and there is a brief sweet spot around 11am through to midday.

Old mans valley has gone then has been reborn betterer.

The enclave suburbs have strengthened their walls

The trains are running on Monday and make for perfect transport out of town to good riding with beer intake afterward unrestricted

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Pub food on the whole has gotten alot better. But more costly damnit
Your opening line...it reads like gay marriage is compulsory. What next? Plants? The slippery slope of equality man...

Now to the quote, sort of. Dining out is a strange thing. I think that the years of prosperity have lead to some shitful standards among us and it is rare I find a place that delivers a complete package. Meals are generally pretty expensive (though I eat out more than in). Small, mediocre flavour, and you can taste the tight arse corner cutting. Service seems to have been forgotten too, as though it is too hard to be hospitable when in the hospitality industry. So when I do find a place that manages to deliver both good food and good service I rejoice.

And pubs...fuck off if you think it is fine for me to order at the bar, get my own cutlery etc, then carry my food to the table, and pay $45 for the pleasure! If it was a tight arse Tuesday schnitzel I wouldn't mind at all. If you aren't a restaurant don't charge restaurant prices. With the good times easing up, things are going to change.

Ok so positives...the new (controversial though) foreshore Park and cycle way known as Barangaroo Point is pretty nice for cycling/walking. I was :( that they pulled down the old tower. Seems all dick shaped public objects are on the nose.

Public transport on Sundays is still cheap with the opal card system. This will come in handy when showing your special lady around the place. And the Manly ferry has mobile chargers!

Smoking is becoming more and more restricted. I love it because fuck smokers and their second hand death smoke. I also dislike the restriction of personal freedom.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Hahaha, you didn’t really address my quote, so much as go on a poodle rant about pubs. The food is still better than it was, for the most part.

Keep on ranting though poodle, seeing somebody crankier than me makes me happy hahaha

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
More food options for sure. Mostly good. I agree though that pubs have got carried away with the boutique food thing. Where I worked the lunch options went from a couple of very average chew and spews to some damn good and cheap eateries in just a few years. A couple of great Vietnamese and Japanese places serving true street food which we know is the best. Sometimes though the Department against Immigration reposesses the owners but someone new rolls through.

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
theres even more fucken people there
There`ll be three more soon..... one is really cute, one is inside the other one who is also cute (in the way baby spiders are cute) , the other one is my wife..... Crap.... she's reading this as we type it..... Oh.... didn't think that through...