Old and angry: what pisses you off? The rants of ANGRY old men and women!

Slowman

Likes Dirt
As a vet there are probably some peeves that will be somewhat unique to our age. This is the place to rant on :laugh: about it!

What really pisses me off is when I take my 2 adult daughters out to dinner and one of the boyfriends, or the new boyfriend tags along. My daughter says she'll pay for him but how miserable would that look? He tags a long and takes the liberty of ordering himself another beer, on my tab of course, and doesn't think to at least ask if I'd like another one, since I am paying!

I have a good mind taking him out for some marathon training sessions (he's never ridden before) and then smirk as he limps around for a week afterwards. Every one of them so far has never actually shown up with any beer yet quite happily helps themselves to mine. Don't get me wrong I'm not a beer nazi, don't rely on a beer economy and don't even drink that much, so I'm not expecting immediate reciprocation but after a couple of years I kind of notice the account deficit and the terms of trade are definitely not in my favour. Never really liked the short armed long pocketed of our species but mate, is that any way to impress the girlfriend's old man?

I was raised to never go anywhere empty handed.

Last edited:

Zam

Likes Dirt
Yeah that's just bad frickin manners, if you goto someones house without beer I might have one or two but certainly curb my drinking and if I went out with someone else would be the same or would at least stick my hand in pocket and kick in for some beers....

Just poor form...

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Sounds like he needs a bit of learnin'.

I don't know how you hold your tongue. I guess for your daughters sake and out of repesct for her.
But fark, seriously?

Some people are just completely oblivious to their actions.

I lived with a guy like that once, but worse.
Whenever he'd go to the bottle o, or to the take away he'd ask me if I wanted anything, I'd give him a $50 and say "Just a couple of longnecks" and he'd come back with a slab and say "This works out to be better value".
Or if I gave him a $10 note and said "Grab me a mars bar" he's come back with a big bag of chips and a coke for himself and no change for me.

It pissed me off to no end. The worst part was when he brought the slab with my money I only had several beers, I went to the 'shed' fridge a few days later and they were all gone! The bastard had drunk the whol slab on me and never even considered that he may want to leave a few for me or even offer me one.
Bugger was sneaking em into his room and drinking em on the sly and taking the empties out to the recycle bin after we were all in bed.

I hate freeloaders.

nzblakis

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Terrible form...

The girlfriends old man is almost more important than the girlfriend, im still getting my father in law pissed and/or buying him food whenever I can for taking his daughter off him :/
8 years later and I still kinda feel awkward/guilty/respectful.

Poor bastard - glad I dont have any daughters...

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Problem with having daughters is that you know what the little punk she brings home is thinking ie. Exactly what you were thinking at that age. The only rational solution I can come up with is to lock her up until she's 25

Sent from my Xperia Go using Tapatalk

Slowman

Likes Dirt
Sounds like he needs a bit of learnin'.

I don't know how you hold your tongue. I guess for your daughters sake and out of repesct for her.
But fark, seriously?
As soon as it arrived I ordered one and he got the message an felt slightly embarrassed and made some half arsed excuse. Next time he's over I'll have to charge him for each bottle!

Some people are just completely oblivious to their actions.

I lived with a guy like that once, but worse.
Whenever he'd go to the bottle o, or to the take away he'd ask me if I wanted anything, I'd give him a $50 and say "Just a couple of longnecks" and he'd come back with a slab and say "This works out to be better value".
Or if I gave him a $10 note and said "Grab me a mars bar" he's come back with a big bag of chips and a coke for himself and no change for me.

It pissed me off to no end. The worst part was when he brought the slab with my money I only had several beers, I went to the 'shed' fridge a few days later and they were all gone! The bastard had drunk the whol slab on me and never even considered that he may want to leave a few for me or even offer me one.
Bugger was sneaking em into his room and drinking em on the sly and taking the empties out to the recycle bin after we were all in bed.

I hate freeloaders.
Me too. Even as a kid if I went to someone's house for dinner I always offered to dry up/wash up. If I didn't I was already in trouble by the time I got home. My parents had some kind of social telepathy going on with all the other parents!

Terrible form...

The girlfriends old man is almost more important than the girlfriend, im still getting my father in law pissed and/or buying him food whenever I can for taking his daughter off him :/
8 years later and I still kinda feel awkward/guilty/respectful.

Oh I hope the next boyfriend/future husband is like you :) One was always saying he'd do these things but it never happened.

Problem with having daughters is that you know what the little punk she brings home is thinking ie. Exactly what you were thinking at that age. The only rational solution I can come up with is to lock her up until she's 25

Sent from my Xperia Go using Tapatalk
You mean I should be demanding more to cover the personal services rendered by my daughters? :laugh: That sort of thing doesn't worry me I installed chastity belts. No I just don't worry about that, that's the daughter's decision as to what they do, none of my business really. I just hope they choose whom they spend their time on wisely and the bastard has some decent manners.

Slowman

Likes Dirt
I have two daughters. If the boyfriend is a dropkick, I have the answering the door nude planned.
Invite him in and say "I'll just go and get dressed", and then come back with obviously dirty underpants on and sit there farting on the lounge! Any la petomane experience would be a bonus.

scblack

Leucocholic
I have two daughters. If the boyfriend is a dropkick, I have the answering the door nude planned.
And I just had the thought, if her girl friends are good looking, I'll try the same trick. Hopefully I have a very different reaction and it's My Lucky Day!

Slowman

Likes Dirt
And I just had the thought, if her girl friends are good looking, I'll try the same trick. Hopefully I have a very different reaction and it's My Lucky Day!
I think you'd better start wearing an Alzheimers bracelet, you might not get arrested then :laugh:

Minlak

custom titis
My daughter is allowed to start dating anytime after I die. :) This thread is exactly the reason I dread her dating so many disrespectful twats out there

Gripo

Eats Squid
Had a dual birthday bash on the weekend for my partners daughter and 20yr old "golden boy" son.....BBQ & Bonfire with live entertainment.

Knowing the golden boy to have short arms/long pockets, the nouse to not pay his share and use/take when he's home........I asked the missus to tell him to bring his own alcohol and some ice for him and his girly.

Naturally he turns up late and without any stuff ....."didn't get the txt" apparently......WTF, who goes to a party with nothing.....

I don't deny shouting anyone a beer for their birthday but as I predicted he drank at will from the "beer barrow" without asking till he was drunk....then (without my knowledge) went to my beer fridge and got some more and offered them around....

Apparently I'm the bitch for whinging about it.....teach the boy some life ettiquete I say!

Big JD

Wheel size expert
I have four kids ranging from 21 to 3- everything makes me old and angry and then I have to deal with the complete knobs on the Yarra Regular thread. Is it any surprise I find joy in the solitude of MTBing.

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Pisses me off, been trying to shag these 2 sisters and the other night we go out to dinner with their grumpy old man, he gets all sooky when I order another beer, jeez, you reckon I just run over his cat or something, pretty sure the old bugger can afford it.

;)