Old and angry: what pisses you off? The rants of ANGRY old men and women!

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
What they did was poison the lawn/weeds on their side of the fence but did it so heavily, it spread 8 meters into my yard. Small trees died, bushes plus the hedge we planted when we first moved in, at first we didn’t notice anything then we looked over then all leaves were falling off and then over the next week everything was dead. I fired up the chainsaw to clear the couple of trees and it was like a hot knife through butter, I was able to grab the stumps and pull them from the ground without any force.
I know exactly what started it too, as he had whipper snipped his 3 foot long grass and let it blow all over my front yard, me being the nice neighbour raked it all up neatly at the front of his property.
I now have his fruit tree growing on my fence line dropping all the rotten fruit into the back corner of my yard, as fruit trees drop their leaves after fruiting it may not make a full recovery for next spring.
Currently my front yard looks like a bomb went off with no plants all the wood chips just look a mess plus I’ve had to wait a while for the soil to recover my only concern is when I redoing the yard this will occur again.
i dont know how you cope living next to idiots like that .

cammas

Seamstress
i dont know how you cope living next to idiots like that .
Don’t worry I wonder myself sometimes :rolleyes: Did contemplate moving, yes I’d make some cash on the house but then would have spend it all to get something similar and could end up in a similar situation but knowing my luck it would probably be worse.

I am currently redoing the whole front yard and need to get a digger in so that will be interesting, currently marking everything out so we’re happy with the design beforehand. So every time those knobs drive out their rubber necking at what I’m doing, like idling past the house or just sit there looking. Once everything is dug out and the retaining walls are built, the front fence will go up with some hedging this will eventually stop them looking in, if they don’t poison everything again.

cammas

Seamstress
Maybe try to defuse the situation by actually pretending to be nice to them.
Tried that but after 10 years of been told to f@ck off, eggs thrown in the front yard by their kids, rocks thrown at our cars & the solar panels, kicking the footy against the tin fence on purpose just to piss off my Mrs, bee hives with bees swarming our yard and probably heap of other crap I have forgotten about I am done with playing nice. Our plan is to our place look as nice as we can and just ignore them.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Tried that but after 10 years of been told to f@ck off, eggs thrown in the front yard by their kids, rocks thrown at our cars & the solar panels, kicking the footy against the tin fence on purpose just to piss off my Mrs, bee hives with bees swarming our yard and probably heap of other crap I have forgotten about I am done with playing nice. Our plan is to our place look as nice as we can and just ignore them.
I think it's time to move dude. 10 years of that fucking bullshit is more than enough for anyone.
I'm impressed that their house hasn't mysteriously burnt down by now. :oops:

cammas

Seamstress
I'd be training an army of white ants to demolish their house.
I’m currently going through landscaping the front yard and every time I have someone there, they pretend to move their car and check out what’s going on.
We are having a quiet laugh to ourselves as they are probably thinking we are doing it to sell but fark’em we’re not going anywhere. My only fear is if we get it all done and the same thing happens again or maybe it might shame him into doing his yard, yeah right :rolleyes: