Old and angry: what pisses you off? The rants of ANGRY old men and women!

stirk

Burner
I'm having a chuckle at some of this road rage rant.

I'm so super cautious lately when I come across roadies on single lane winding roads as I have no real power to pass safely in a short distance

I slow right down and wait until I can pass safely and the poor roadies start freakin out after I've been following them for a few minutes probably thinking I'm stalking them in my old very noisy fourby.

On my way back from the highland fling I had one guy go off into the gravel to let me pass!

stirk

Burner
Chill. It's all perception rather than reality. Roadies are nervous creatures...can't say I blame them either...
I'm chill and that's why they freak out ;)

They have a reason to be nervous, even I get nervous and uptight and anxious and angry and bloody furious when driving to the local shops because of the complete idiots on the road around me.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Yeah...one of our lbs owners is a roadie and got taken down over the weekend as a result of a careless driver. Much bark is a missing so I'm told. Apparently three blokes in bright Lycra on a sunny day were 'invisible'...

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah...one of our lbs owners is a roadie and got taken down over the weekend as a result of a careless driver. Much bark is a missing so I'm told. Apparently three blokes in bright Lycra on a sunny day were 'invisible'...
And I bet the driver said it was an accident too..
That's another one that pisses me off. The term 'accident'. It's not a fkn accident if there any fault.. It's an incident. In 99% of crashes someone fked up by not following the rules. There is no accident when a car runs a red and smashes into a another car that was correctly following the road rules.

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
And I bet the driver said it was an accident too..
That's another one that pisses me off. The term 'accident'. It's not a fkn accident if there any fault.. It's an incident. In 99% of crashes someone fked up by not following the rules. There is no accident when a car runs a red and smashes into a another car that was correctly following the road rules.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
To keep true to this thread title. Flac and mp3 converters piss me off no end.

----------
Sent with added typos from a tiny mobile keyboard and spellchecker that makes a mess of everything.

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The fact I'm old and pissed off is pissing me off right now.

One night out on the drink with the boys from work and I am buggered today (hungover as well) and all of a sudden I am closer to 40 than I thought.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Bigoted, racist right wing fuckwits piss me off and with so many around these days it seems I will be pissed off for quite some time.
Thankfully the All Mountain thread sorted out my tyre troubles.

Big AC

Likes Dirt
Bigoted, racist right wing fuckwits piss me off and with so many around these days it seems I will be pissed off for quite some time.
Corey Bernardi got banned from the AM thread; he is now hanging out in the Post Your Ride thread trolling anyone with a Lefty.

safreek

just give them a big hug, who can hate after a good hug :first:

slippy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bigoted, racist right wing fuckwits piss me off
And dumb-ass hipster pinko left-wing tree-hugging do-gooder's who won't engage in rational conversation but howl loudly until all other voices can't be heard.

Surely the majority are sensible, balanced, moderate, middle-grounders. But according to the left we're all extreme right. Well done idiots, you just gave Trump, Hanson et.al. a leg up you freakin twats!

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
And dumb-ass hipster pinko left-wing tree-hugging do-gooder's who won't engage in rational conversation but howl loudly until all other voices can't be heard.

Surely the majority are sensible, balanced, moderate, middle-grounders. But according to the left we're all extreme right. Well done idiots, you just gave Trump, Hanson et.al. a leg up you freakin twats!
You may have just poked a bear, Slippy.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Why the fuck is it so hard for people to check the tyre pressures on their car??!!
I mean every petrol station has an air supply right next to the pumps.....do you think it's there for inflating your fuckin' Schnauzers' anal glands ?!

Do they think the tyres were installed with some sort of "magic gas" that never needs topping up?

I followed a small hatch-back today and there couldn't have been more than 15 psi in one rear tyre and no more than 20 in the other.
....and I see this shit regularly.

If you run over me/my kid/my dog/another motorist because your braking distance was doubled, or your car didn't respond very well to a sudden steering input, I'm gonna see if my tyre pressure gauge fits in your eye socket.

....and don't even get me started on what it does to your fuel economy & tyre wear....:yell:

(fuck I love ranting on this thread):rant:

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Chuckers piss me off. My young bloke is in the final of jnr cricket and all the parents have busted their asses to make sure their kids can actually bowl with a straight arm. You know, like proper cricket. Opposition rolls in and have kids on a long run up flinging balls like they are baseball pitchers.. One chucker gets 3 wickets and their fkn coach has the nerve to say 'nice throwing'. In my day kids who chucked didn't bowl until they could bowl properly. But it's all about participation these days.