Old and angry: what pisses you off? The rants of ANGRY old men and women!

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How do you propose we get people’s voices heard loud and clear about climate change?
‘We’ sure aren’t listening to what the bonafide experts tell us.
Information is power - Hysteria is chaos and white noise.

Turning said ship will be achieved with information and education.

Shit that they are currently pulling will do more harm than good.

I know time is limited but unfortunately it’s required.

Homosexuality is only just accepted but has taken decades of education and information, as unfortunate as it is the same will be required for climate change...

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Time is limited but we need more time?

Bwahahahaaaaaa!!!!

Keep sticking your head in the sand. Your attitude is what right wing shock jocks feed on.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
The fact that you think we have time means you don’t understand the scale of the problem.

We. Have. No. Time.

Do you understand the simple graph I posted earlier? Where does “we have time” fit in?

Hence necessary status quo disruption by those who understand the time problem.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
And read this:

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/oct/07/extinction-rebellion-arrestables-photo-essay

Hallam was arrested in 2017 for criminal damage when he and another person spray-painted “Divest from oil and gas”, “Now” and “Out of time” on walls at King’s College London, using water-soluble chalk-based paint.
Both were cleared of all charges by a jury in 2019 after they defended their actions as being a proportionate response to the climate crisis.

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The fact that you think we have time means you don’t understand the scale of the problem.

We. Have. No. Time.

Do you understand the simple graph I posted earlier? Where does “we have time” fit in?

Hence necessary status quo disruption by those who understand the time problem.
I am not saying we have time I’m saying it will take time.

Like it or not these attitude won’t change overnight it will take decades. Yes that is decades we don’t have but it’s reality...

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
ok here it is

race timing ran without incident, series organiser had gone overseas, organised a geelong member to compile series results with me (not our jobs), neither of us had the spreadsheet so we worked from a pdf. i printed race results just prior to finish time, we tried to add up while competes were completing their last lap. 1 female competitor came over querying the 3hr 40+ female category..she must have either looked over medals laid on table, or she snuck a peek at the paper results i had printed by category.(unlikely) i had her in the open 3hr 40+ category

anyway whatever the reason a lady queries me about the 3hr 40+ female e specific results, i tell her we do not have that category ( i run our entry system on entryboss , so i know exactly the categories) she informs me there was a category as she has entered it, i decline again stating we only had a 40+ masters 3hr category, essentially open , only 3hr elite had a female category (it only had 1 entrant)

she wants this error corrected, basically implying they should have podium paces, medals ..obviously i have no medals for her but she still wants me to fix it somehow..i explain i just need to get on with result presentations, & that she will have to see me later, i may be able to add the category in the timing system so the overall results cna be tallied, she seems unhappy, tries talking to my wife who hates mtb’ing & is only there cos she knows i am trying to run the event by myself

presentations go ok, we are short 1 of each medal for the 3hr jnr teams, i apologise -but nothing i can do, hear zero complaints from the 15yr olds or their parents, thankfully understanding (my medal girl went to a funeral day of pickup so her partner printed them, understandable a couple were missed)
i also missed a late 6hr SS finisher, came in pretty late but the extra lap puts him in 3rd for the category, i gave the medal to the now 4th place..need to get new medal done for him.

female competitor comes back, wanting to know the timeframe for me fixing the results, and when she can expect her medal, saying again i was wrong, she entered the right category,
She was given the series 3rd place trophy ( 1 more female in her situate, who was the first female 40+ 3hr finisher) & so she leap frogged her into 2nd overall for the series

i got home, checked the series results indeed had a 3hr female 40+ category, despite one mix existing in 2018. i log into the entry system, despite being buggered & being up since 6am (now after 530pm) add a category for the 2 riders, publish results online on my club racing fb page..we go back at 8pm to pick up 2 bins of rubbish as my wife says we don’t want anyone else complaining.

i tried to forget it as i was exhausted..a couple of days later a fiend says i have impressed some masters female on fb, spills the beans she has written a long complaint post on the series page.

i screenshot her comments, then take screenshots of the entry system homepage showing no such category exists, i then go to the series website, low & behold for 2019 her category is not listed..ffs i am totally vindicated, she can stuff her medal, i’m not getting her one...screenshots attached.

Attachments

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Don't need to quote the whole rant
As a club volunteer I feel your pain.

At the State Champs in 2018, every class ran well over time (>20mins) due to course conditions etc etc etc so for 2019, we deducted ONE lap for all categories bar Elite Men.
This was published a month in advance along with the reasoning.
Lap times were confirmed by MTBA and a ranking Commissaire before publishing.

THE MORNING OF the state champs and we get an email from a MAS3 competitor who had done some fast practice laps and calculated that race duration wouldn't "meet MTBA guidelines" (Key word being GUIDE).
Guy shows up and badgers the timing guy, commissaire, race director and president, who all gave the same response that laps were calculated on last year's winning pace and that race day isn't the time to make changes, level playing field and all that.

Anyway.. the race runs in PERFECT fast conditions thanks to weather and a course groomed to putting green spec and ol mate MAS3 finishes 8 minutes "under guideline time" and proceeds to kick up a storm, followed by long emails claiming lack of information and mistreatment by club committee members.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Something tells me they didn't offer to use their expertise to help run the event instead of riding at the future rounds? :(